• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic and Sega All Star Racing (with Banjo-Kazooie) / Transformed

Thino

Smash Master
I blame the Wii community not lasting long on the fact that the teleporting glitch couldnt be patched and that it wasnt possible join someone in a non-private race

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I blame the Wii community not lasting long on the fact that the teleporting glitch couldnt be patched and that it wasnt possible join someone in a non-private race
Wow, I didnt realize this glitch existed. I saw people doing this but I thought they were hacking or something.

Thino

Smash Master
Wow, I didnt realize this glitch existed. I saw people doing this but I thought they were hacking or something.
Yea, the fact that it was discovered only a month and a half after the game was released didn't help either.

Sega/SUMO did a good job wiping glitched times from the Wii leaderboards but people could glitch during races freely, that personally killed it for me.

This is why I'm going PS3 this time since I have one cuz I really did enjoy the first one beside that.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Yea, the fact that it was discovered only a month and a half after the game was released didn't help either.

Sega/SUMO did a good job wiping glitched times from the Wii leaderboards but people could glitch during races freely, that personally killed it for me.

This is why I'm going PS3 this time since I have one cuz I really did enjoy the first one beside that.
Is it even coming out for Wii? If it comes out for Wii U I assume it won't

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
prolly Wii-U even though it's not been confirmed yet
It would probably help Sega out if they made it for Wii U as well so they don't have to make another All stars game except with worse graphics for the Wii.

Thino

Smash Master
Which system did you get it on? And what's making you switch over this time?
got it for Wii, what's making me switch over is the inability for the game to get patches when glitches are discovered, lack of DLC but especially the fact that it was impossible to join friends in a public room like you can in Mario Kart Wii

BSP

Smash Legend
got it for Wii, what's making me switch over is the inability for the game to get patches when glitches are discovered, lack of DLC but especially the fact that it was impossible to join friends in a public room like you can in Mario Kart Wii
Alright. If I get it, it's probably going to be for the 360 then. Thanks.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sonic Wrecks got their hands on a preview that had the Wii U icon among the list of platforms the game's coming out on. So safe to say it's on the Wii U as well.

Also, to add a bit into the story for the game, one of the developers have confirmed that Shadow actually stole the GUN vehicle he's seen riding.

:phone:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Sonic Wrecks got their hands on a preview that had the Wii U icon among the list of platforms the game's coming out on. So safe to say it's on the Wii U as well.

Also, to add a bit into the story for the game, one of the developers have confirmed that Shadow actually stole the GUN vehicle he's seen riding.

Good to know, I was a bit worried if it wasn't going to came out for the Wii U because I don't have 360 or PS3.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Danica Patrick is going to a playable character in the game.

Who's Danica Patrick?

Real-life NASCAR driver. She's going to driving the SEGA racecar later on this year, so this helps bridge the game to real-life SEGA stuff.

finalark

SNORLAX
I love this thread. It proves that some people are very aware that SEGA has games that don't contain the words "Sonic" or "Hedgehog" in the title.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord

Who's Danica Patrick?

Real-life NASCAR driver. She's going to driving the SEGA racecar later on this year, so this helps bridge the game to real-life SEGA stuff.
Makes sense, as SEGA once had a NASCAR license for a (few) race game(s). Heck, most of Crush 40's Crush 40 album is from the NASCAR arcade game.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

Who's Danica Patrick?

Looks like SEGA won the entire pubescent teenage audience with that move

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I didn't really know where else to post this but everyone knows about Into Dreams HD? No? Well here's the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb_CJLofgPY&feature=relmfu
I heard about this. I wonder what's with all the sudden NiGHTS love as of late it's not like SEGA's done much with NiGHTS except include him/her in cameos in games for like the last 10 years and then make a pretty bad game about him/her

It's good to know that NiGHTS is getting some due love again though. I'm just curious as to why they care all of a sudden as it seems

finalark

SNORLAX
It's good to know that NiGHTS is getting some due love again though. I'm just curious as to why they care all of a sudden as it seems
Plus Jet Set Radio is getting an HD remake. And I've heard rumors of a Shenmue HD but I'm kinda iffy on those. As for Journey of Dreams, never played Into Dreams but I thought Journey was fun. If you played with a classic controller.

Anyway. Maybe they're starting to give their other games attention because they realize people are getting tired of Sonic. Hopefully that will actually reflect in their advertising so people actually buy the games.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Plus Jet Set Radio is getting an HD remake. And I've heard rumors of a Shenmue HD but I'm kinda iffy on those. As for Journey of Dreams, never played Into Dreams but I thought Journey was fun. If you played with a classic controller.

Anyway. Maybe they're starting to give their other games attention because they realize people are getting tired of Sonic. Hopefully that will actually reflect in their advertising so people actually buy the games.
I hope so it'll be nice getting to know other franchises and IPs I would have never known about otherwise because I wasnt old enough at the time to appreciate them. I like Sonic as much as the next guy, but at this point I prefer to see stuff from other IPs at this point to vary

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
MIRROR MODE CONFIRMED!

Sonic & All-Stars actually looks and handles superbly at the moment, and continues the fine work done by the original. The transforming vehicles could have felt like a gimmick but they actually add a fun new dimension to gameplay and make races a more interesting prospect than merely doing three or so identical laps. With sixteen unique courses, plus mirror variants, there should certainly be plenty to appeal to fans old and new. With a wealth of challenges over all three classes of vehicles too, you have plenty to go at.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/...formed-Preview-–-More-Than-Meets-the-Eye.html

Top Bottom