• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic and Sega All Star Racing (with Banjo-Kazooie) / Transformed

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Seems 1 month late but still..

Credit to Sonic Retro for info.

Take this with a grain of salt, but an interesting little document popped up on Sega’s PR site that mentions quite a few details that the two companies are in discussion about. These include:

-PS2 emulator on PS3, the document citing games such as GTA Vice City and an unknown Sonic title.
-Consideration of import titles on PSN, menus translated. Yakuza was brought up as an example of a game.
-Sonic All Star Racing is open to DLC characters to differentiate the PS3 SKU. Not Ratchet and Clank, but others are likely.
-Sonic Anniversary is a proposed project that would put a ton of Sonic games on one blu-ray. SCEA would love exclusive power-ups and different game modes.
-Dreamcast digital title support. While not exclusive to the PSN, the proposal is Sony can pick which titles it wants more, with long exclusivity meaning more marketing support for Sega.
For the full breakdown of the document, hit up the jump. Yeah OMG Sega leakage!

http://www.sonicretro.org/2009/09/s...ment-leaked-reveals-plans-for-future/#more-19

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
-Richard Jacques working on the soundtrack for Superstar Racing, original music in along with some surprises...
Only reason I need to go get this game.

I was planning to get it anyway, but seeing him in charge of the soundtrack makes me even happier.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
http://www.tssznews.com/2009/10/21/the-rest-of-the-asr-nintendo-power-scans/

The article reveals the following race tracks:

Final Fortress (Sonic Heroes)
Tokyo-To (Jet Set Radio)
Curien Mansion (House of the Dead)

It also mentions a Monkeyball stage, but we knew about that since the second trailer.

About the music. It's already known that Richard Jacques will be working on the music for the game. But just like Superstar Tennis, a lot of music rips from other SEGA titles will also appear. Superstar Tennis had 80 songs, and they're looking to go higher than that for this game.

There will also be single player mission mode. Collect the rings, drift perfectly, time trials, etc. Not known if this will be needed for unlockables, but sounds reasonable. In just one sentence in a parenthesis, it is also mentioned there will be splits screen and online multiplayer race mode and battle mode.

And people STILL say that this will suck compared to Mario Kart :laugh:

finalark

SNORLAX
Ryo's in it.

Must. Buy. Game....

Anyway, it's interesting to see them put non-Sega characters into this. I wonder if who they'll have on the PS3...?

Am I the only one who's noticed that Sega seems to be giving a big celebration for their glory days reciently (remember Sega-All Stars Tennis?)?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Still have high hopes for Puyo Puyo characters. ._.

Any gameplay of this game yet?

finalark

SNORLAX
Still have high hopes for Puyo Puyo characters. ._.

Any gameplay of this game yet?
As far as gameplay goes, only what I've seen on Sega's site from a few of the videos. It looks like Mario Kart. Only minus the broken AI and items (I hope).

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Ryo's in it.

Must. Buy. Game....

Anyway, it's interesting to see them put non-Sega characters into this. I wonder if who they'll have on the PS3...?

Am I the only one who's noticed that Sega seems to be giving a big celebration for their glory days reciently (remember Sega-All Stars Tennis?)?
There were leaked Sega emails a few months ago that said 360 would get Banjo & Kazooie and PS3 would get Ratchet & Clank. There was no mention of the Wii version getting any exclusive characters.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Since House of the Dead is confirmed to be in this, I'm really hoping that this song will make it in. It's just too good not to.

:069:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Beyond the leaked emails, images of Banjo & Kazooie have appeared on the box art and such, but have since been taken off the web. They were even supposedly up on the website for a very short period of time.

EDIT: Well would you look at GreenKirby's post up there. Hehe.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I thought it would be something more.... epic than a Mii. I almost never use Mii's on anygame other the game's I have to. ._.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I forgot that Miis exist entirely.

a) don't turn the Wii on often
b) Mii channel is pushed back a page or so
c) never stood out in the first place

Just glad they didn't make it into Brawl. If Nintendo had developed the game in their headquarters rather than letting Sora Ltd. do it, I'm absolutely sure they'd be in.

Alzi

Smash Master
The PS3 and 360 version of this will be good.

But the wii version will be very bad. :/

I don't like sonic all that much but wow this is actually turning out to be a decent game.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Oh please

They said that nothing will much different from the five versions (forgot PC and DS)

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
If the game has a remix of, or just the original, Alex Kidd in Miracle World theme I am getting it on day one.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Mario Kart needs to be dumped and a Smash Bros spin-off racer needs to be made. We have raced with the Mario characters, the DK characters, Link, the Kirby characters, Pokemon, and of course Mr. Falcon before. SSBR would be awesome.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
That means no Toadette, and no Daisy.... I will kill if I don't see at least one of these two in a newer Mario Kart. )=<

This game looks good and it's online with every system, all I want to know is what system will it score the highest in? >.<

Jon Farron

✧ The Healer ✧
Premium
TOTALLY GETTING THAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm a racing game fan: I have Mario Kart Wii and DS, My Sims Racing Wii (havnt got it for ds yet because i just got a ds for Christmas) And the speedracer game (though its not that great...) And this looks like so much fun :D!!!

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
Final roster has been leaked:

From Sonic the Hedgehog:

* Sonic the Hedgehog]
* Miles "Tails" Prower
* Knuckles the Echidna
* Doctor Eggman
* Amy Rose
* Shadow the Hedgehog
* Big the Cat

From other Sega properties:

* AiAi from Super Monkey Ball
* Amigo from Samba de Amigo
* Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue
* Beat from Jet Set Radio
* Alex Kidd from the Alex Kidd series
* Billy Hatcher from Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
* Zobio and Zobiko, the zombie couple from The House of the Dead EX
* Ulala from Space Channel 5
* B.D. Joe from Crazy Taxi
* Jacky Bryant with Akira Yuki from the Virtua Fighter series.
* Bonanza Bros.
* ChuChu Rocket
* Opa-Opa

Console-exclusives:

* Banjo-Kazooie (Xbox 360)
* Miis (Wii)

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well it is called Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing. The Sonic part emphasizes the series, not just the character.

finalark

SNORLAX
True. I guess I'm just sick of Sonic always hogging the spotlight when it comes to Sega stuff. It makes people think that Sega sucks just because of the recent Sonic games. It also makes people not realize that there are a ton of other Sega franchises other than Sonic.

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
You'd think a website like this would have more interest in a CROSSOVER than ****ty mainstream games.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ No Arle? She's been in Sega since 1991 and is still alive. ); ♥

♣ I guess Arle is more fit to be a fighting character than a racing character anyways. The router seems to favor the 360 and nothing on the PS3, I don't know if that would be the whole router. ♥

Top Bottom