• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic 4 Episode 1.

finalark

SNORLAX
So any idea when they're going to do something like the countdown again? I'm hoping its soon, I'm eager for some more information. Hopefully, a gameplay video this time.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Sega I knew someday you'd put everything right!

and now they have.

This game is gonna be biblical.

(Submits Sonic 2 Final boss Robotnik sculpture made of Oreo filling)

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Sega needs to stop trying to re-animate the dead. Let Sonic die peacefully so we can still have the fond memories of the genesis games and NOTHING else.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Question, would people want Sonic to talk in this game, and have lots of cutscenes like the Adventure series, or would you want something more simple like the original Mega Drive games?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
As long as he's not making out in any of them, I wouldn't complain. Some of the cutscenes have been quite enjoyable.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
As long as he's not making out in any of them, I wouldn't complain. Some of the cutscenes have been quite enjoyable.
Agreed. The Sonic Adventure cutscenes were great, so as long as they don't do anything over-dramatic (eyes Sonic 06...) we should be good.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Sega needs to stop trying to re-animate the dead. Let Sonic die peacefully so we can still have the fond memories of the genesis games and NOTHING else.
Says the guy with an avatar of a character from a series that's been around for TWENTY YEARS. Which no doubt grew stale for some after the sixth installment.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Says the guy with an avatar of a character from a series that's been around for TWENTY YEARS. Which no doubt grew stale for some after the sixth installment.
I don't know how to say this so Ill just be as blunt as I can. Are you an idiot? What does my avatar have to do with my previous statement. Did I say "Recent sonic games have been terrible in contrast with their genesis counter-parts. Not like the FF series which has been fresh and amazing since the first and I'm an avid obvious supporter of this because I have a ****ing black mage in my avatar." Please enlighten me on how you jumped from point A to point B.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
The point that I was trying to make that people shouldn't just say a super old franchise die because some people might still like it.

The same way Brightside was butthurt because he still like Final Fantasy even after 13 games and various spinoffs when I said that should series should drop dead after FF6 as an example (and I only said that as an example, I don't really believe it like the FF elitists do)

i seriously laughed out loud.
Why, it's not like the person was wrong. Considering you can just rush through the levels of the Genesis games without getting killed (which I still can't fathom how people IGNORE this) And consider that a new character has been added in most Sonic games starting with Sonic 2 and that most incarnations of Sonic display him as friendly, outgoing, and social, logically it's weird to imagine Sonic having an adventure by himself most of the time.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
The point that I was trying to make that people shouldn't just say a super old franchise die because some people might still like it.

The same way Brightside was butthurt because he still like Final Fantasy even after 13 games and various spinoffs when I said that should series should drop dead after FF6 as an example (and I only said that as an example, I don't really believe it like the FF elitists do)

Also I don't really read or comprehend English that well so if I seem to be talking out of my *** disregard that because I'm not the brightest.
lol you still haven't answered my question yet. Are you an idiot?

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
I don't know how to say this so Ill just be as blunt as I can. Are you an idiot? What does my avatar have to do with my previous statement. Did I say "Recent sonic games have been terrible in contrast with their genesis counter-parts. Not like the FF series which has been fresh and amazing since the first and I'm an avid obvious supporter of this because I have a ****ing black mage in my avatar." Please enlighten me on how you jumped from point A to point B.
What are you saying then?!
You clearly said let sonic die so we can have fond memories of the genesis games. Thats clearly saying that the genesis games are better then the new installlments.
He pointed out your icon for irony...

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
http://www.sonicthehedgehog4.com/

It leads to SEGA's homepage NOW but who knows.

Edit: Deepening the research with the guys at SEGA forum, it is discovered that if you enter www.sonicthehedgehogX.com where X= 1 through 10, they all leads to SEGA's homepage. Now this may seem discouraging, but who.is displayed something rather interesting.

For www.sonicthehedgehog4.com/

Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Whois Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Referral URL: http://www.networksolutions.com

Expiration Date: 2011-01-21
Creation Date: 2010-01-21
Last Update Date: 2010-01-25

Name Servers:
ns29.worldnic.com
ns30.worldnic.com
See sonicthehedgehog4.com DNS Records
For the rest of them:

Registrar: EURODNS S.A
Whois Server: whois.eurodns.com
Referral URL: http://www.eurodns.com

Expiration Date: 2011-01-25
Creation Date: 2010-01-25
Last Update Date: 2010-01-25

Name Servers:
ns1.eurodns.com
ns2.eurodns.com
See sonicthehedgehog5.com DNS Records
Now here's three theories I've came up with:
1) SEGA is playing a trick on us and used an entirely different registrar to throw us off.
2) All of them are own buy the same group (not SEGA, btw) and they somehow skipped four until last
3) The one we're all hoping for: Project Needlemouse is really called Sonic the Hedgehog 4

But no matter:

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
What are you saying then?!
You clearly said let sonic die so we can have fond memories of the genesis games. Thats clearly saying that the genesis games are better then the new installlments.
He pointed out your icon for irony...
I take it your not the brightest either. How can you make ANY assumptions of my disposition towards the FF series just because I have a 8-bit Black Mage avatar. Please find my detailed posts where I obviously stated my approval of countless FF sequels and spin-offs. Please show me, I didn't even know I liked the FF series that much until Green Kirby was so kind enough to to point it out.

finalark

SNORLAX
I love how on topic this is.

Anyone, tomarrow is the day that we get the final title, the first zone (if it ends up being Green Hill I'm going to cry) plus the bonus. I think that the bonus is going to be a game play video, personally.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I take it your not the brightest either. How can you make ANY assumptions of my disposition towards the FF series just because I have a 8-bit Black Mage avatar. Please find my detailed posts where I obviously stated my approval of countless FF sequels and spin-offs. Please show me, I didn't even know I liked the FF series that much until Green Kirby was so kind enough to to point it out.
Except he didn't assume anything about you. He just assumed you knew about Final Fantasy because of your avatar, and he didn't call you an elitist, just noted that Final Fantasy's been around four decades. You're the one who jumped to conclusions and started insulting people.

Also, you didn't actually address what they said. Nice job changing the subject, though.

Masmasher@

Smash Lord
Cleveland, Ohio! my homeplace but for now living i
I never made any assmptions about your dispositon of the final fantasy series. Where did i say that in any of my previous posts? I was talking about you dispostion with sonic. Again I said he pointed out your avatar for irony he never mentioned your like or dislike. flaming will get you nowhere...

finalark

SNORLAX
So a little update:

Sega said:
That makes all of us – including, hopefully, you guys – very happy. The challenge has been bested within 48 hours, and as a result next week is going to be the Week of the Hedgehog! The celebration will begin next Tuesday on Hedgehog Day, (step aside, groundhog!) with a special massive swag giveaway and concept art reveal, and will lead into our biggest announcement going live as we approach next weekend. Trust us when we say that February is going to be a very good month.

Now then – to celebrate your success, we’d like to offer you guys additional rewards for continuing to send in your concept art – and some very awesome concept art, at that! So,for every 50 pieces of Concept Art (past 100), we will give away one extra piece of Sonic Merchandise during our Hedgehog Day giveaway!

Oh, and as another bonus, let’s go ahead and dispel away a little rumor that we’ve noticed in the comments:

Project Needlemouse is not an HD version of Sonic 1. These may be old badniks, but when we said all-new adventure, we meant it.
It looks like this week will be awesome! I'm looking forward to a greed next seven days!

finalark

SNORLAX

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
It's pretty funny to see whiny Sonic fans crying over this update expecting as if they were expecting to see CGI cutscenes (if any) of the game when they forgot that updates were gonna last all through the week.

Not to mention that before this game, the fans were complaining that current Sonic games are not like the classics. And then when we were shown old school badniks, trippy flowers, and a neat little classic Sonic-esque jingle, people complained that it was gonna be a REHASH of the classics.

Seriously, what do people want in a Sonic game? It's like the fandom is too divided up like a pizza slices or worse... the Democratic Party.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
It's pretty funny to see whiny Sonic fans crying over this update expecting as if they were expecting to see CGI cutscenes (if any) of the game when they forgot that updates were gonna last all through the week.

Not to mention that before this game, the fans were complaining that current Sonic games are not like the classics. And then when we were shown old school badniks, trippy flowers, and a neat little classic Sonic-esque jingle, people complained that it was gonna be a REHASH of the classics.

Seriously, what do people want in a Sonic game? It's like the fandom is too divided up like a pizza slices or worse... the Democratic Party.
"People?"

Nobody here that I saw has that specific view.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord

It's not the same people.

The fans that want old sonic games are more vocal when a new game comes out that goes further from its roots. The fans that don't want "rehashes" will be more vocal when a rehash comes out. It all seems like the same mob of people though.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
Except this time, it's not the younger generation of fans. It was some of the OLDER ones that claim that this game is gonna be rehash because we only saw a lobster, a ladybug, and a flower so far.

"People?"

Nobody here that I saw has that specific view.
I'm not talking about here. I mean people at Sega oriented forums

Is this a Sonic fandom only thing? Did people act like this when Mega Man 9 or New Super Mario Bros DS/Wii were announced?

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Fandoms in general tend to universally have a very vocal group of morons.

The larger the fandom, the bigger this group.

LLDL

Smash Hero
EAST COAST HAS TO WAIT TILL 3AM?! Lol I pray to god they don't name this sonic 4. While I WANT them to make one, if they **** up i will never forgive them for ruining the perfect chronology of the original games.

Top Bottom