• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
AND I GOT THE JOB! HANGOVERS CANT STOP ME! I AM THE ULTIMATE!

Seriously, that's like 4 achievements unlocked right there. I should just go dance on a car or something.

Ojanya

Smash Ace
This has been slowly going on for a few years now. I was doing great my freshman year in college and now here I am, unable through lack of willpower to go to my classes (and I'm undoubtedly failing).

My family has pretty much decided I need antidepressants. As I mentioned earlier, I told the psychiatrist to wait and see how I was 3 weeks later. My friends... well, one of them thinks I might need'em and another just isn't sure.
Anti-depressants aren't a drug to be concerned about... You cannot possibly abuse them (most of them. doctors have been known to prescribe amphetamines in VERY desperate last resort situations, but really, that won't happen) If you call the psychiatrist, you might be able to get in earlier. People ALWAYS cancel their appointments.. Also, if you call your doctor, he should be able to point you toward OTHER people to see if that particular one is booked.

All the best bro.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
ARGHGAHHHR! Didn't go to Soundwave and see Paramore + other bands while my mates did. So depressed. :(

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Do I know you? Said hot blonde girl at the bar tonight.

Eh, no I don't think so.

We sat staring at each other for a couple of seconds, I had no idea who she was.

Oh I know you! Is your name Tyler? You're (my best friends ex boyfriends cousin)! I've heard a lot about you from Amy.

Oh? What did she say about me? I said

She said you're cute, and you're easy to talk to.

Oh thanks, you're quite cute yourself, I said.

We chatted for a few more minutes, suddenly that 20 quid i'd wasted tonight didn't seem so bad. There was just one question I had to ask before I bought her a drink.

So you here with your friends or boyfriend or something? I subtlety slipped into the conversation.

Yeah i'm here to see my boyfriend, he works here. There he is!

And there was the barman grinning at me. He knew I thought I was about to pull, but he knew I had no chance. I would've even had to buy her drinks from him. He was probably listening to the whole conversation too. I just picked up my drink, told her my mates wanted me and i'll see her around, and went back to my seat alone :(

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
Ok here it is.
I'v been dating this one Girl[Ashley] for 11 months now
It is about to be a year [to anyone that can do simple math and knows how many months in a year]

Any way, I would like to do something big for our one year.
I have about [looks in wallet] 2 bucks and a nickel
And the anaversery day is on a Teusday, So we have school [we go to different schools]
What is something I can do to make it a "omg, what an amazing day" day?

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Ok here it is.
I'v been dating this one Girl[Ashley] for 11 months now
It is about to be a year [to anyone that can do simple math and knows how many months in a year]

Any way, I would like to do something big for our one year.
I have about [looks in wallet] 2 bucks and a nickel
And the anaversery day is on a Teusday, So we have school [we go to different schools]
What is something I can do to make it a "omg, what an amazing day" day?
Get in your birthday suit and pop out of a cake.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Sigh, Im having problems with my dad again. My dad has the most wretched personality. He gets mad at everything I do and I noted that he treats my grandmother badly. I am really pissed off today at the way hes been treating me. I tell him where I want to eat and he gets pissed of for some reason. Same thing with another thing. Today I was looking for this cold stones gift card so we can get some ice cream and he gets pissed at me when I can't find it... I mean pissed. He has been making faces at me for most of the **** day.

Another thing, I think my dad's girlfriend my be using him. Hell, even her kids might be using him. When I go there, he wastes a whole ****load of money on her and her kids. She might not even care about him and her kids treat me like ****. I swear, when I go to the guys room, he is just on PS3 all day and when I ask him for one turn he gets all selfish, yet Im not. He also treats my father like crap. We go over and he goes to say hello to him. He pats him on the head and he gets pissed at him for touching him. Yet, when my dad is going to buy something for him, he treats him as if he were his dad. Same with his sister, at a much smaller scale though. I don't know why he makes me take guitar lessons with him at their house.

My dad made me go to a psychiatrist to better our relationship. I have complained about his girlfriend and he has complained about me. I have done my part to be a better person, but he has done nothing to better our relationship

I am going to talk to him about this tonight when he comes back and I need a bit of support to actually have to courage to do this

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well looks like the talk that I was going to have with my father backfired... he came home, I told him to stay down here, turned off the TV, turned off my computer and turned the lights on in the kitchen...... he just ignored me and stormed upstairs... God he makes me so ****ing pissed.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I really need help concentrating... Whenever I try to do homework I get distracted so easily. The only way I won't get distracted is if I'm at school , and that's not at home.. which is a HUGE problem when you're trying to do HOME WORK..

This is the main reason my GPA is only 3.4...... I'm having such bad time trying to study or do hw and I just don't know what to do anymore. Listening to music doesn't work and watching M2K **** people REALLY doesn't help either.

Pleeeeeeeease give me some tips on staying focused because I really want to have a career as a pilot and I'm just so bad at school right now..
inb4 3.4 isn't that bad; I'm trying to get into a school that requires a 3.8+ GPA and I also need a good SAT score.. I have high expectations at home..

If something is interesting like Smash then it's so easy to focus, read and learn.. but HW is impossible for me.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Have you tried going to a library without a laptop or anything like that?

When i really need to do work I work at my kitchen table.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
So... a small update on things.

First, I'm supposed to be busy on work right now... assuming I'm gonna stay in college.

Second, my counselor has yet again brought up the option of dropping classes. I originally thought it to be a wise move then realized the implications of it once I started researching. Now... I've pretty much decided to quit thinking about it.

Third, my dad annoys me a lot. It's not anything in particular that brought this up, but I was just thinking about how much he annoys me. Primarily in his ability to make a one-way conversation go in circles while accusing my mom and I of not making any headway. This has kinda gotten ridiculous since my cell phone bill was about 500 minutes over this past month, at 45 cents a minute. I can imagine 50% of that being my dad doing what he does best.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
A family friend died about 4 hours ago. He was at the ripe old age of 97 though. Still any death makes me sad, I can't go into cementries without getting upset.

R.I.P. Sandy

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
A family friend died about 4 hours ago. He was at the ripe old age of 97 though. Still any death makes me sad, I can't go into cementries without getting upset.

R.I.P. Sandy
Hey man I wish the best for you. I know how Id feel if my grandmother would die. Since my mother divorced my dad when I was 6, she has filled the role of my mother. She came in to the U.S. and has been living with us for about 8 years now. I would be devastated if she would die right now...

Anyways, Ill tell you the old cliche line. The world doesnt stop if someone dies... Ill tell you the other one too. If you love someone let them go, you can keep them if it he/she comes back

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Now i'm stuck with a difficult decision: work for 3 months at somewhere i'll enjoy, that could maybe lead onto full time work. Or work full time 20 miles away, except i'll have to take the bus.

You know you're in a difficult situation when everyones answer is "I dunno what you should do."

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
which one did you make? I'd take the second one! I was trying this thing... that was oh NEEDING PEOPLE but well, after the first day, assignment got canceled. : [

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I took the first one. I'd be stranded 20 miles away for too long during the day. So I'd have to go to the pub or wander the streets ill the bus came and i'd rather not. The works not as enjoyable either.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I had to take three busses to arrive to the assignment I was doing. Although, I did hate I was going so far just to get a job.

I hope it works out for you, and in the least, you are getting experience! :D

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I wish I was old enough to drive so I could meet players and go to tournaments....

*sigh*

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I feel like im getting back into my 'rut' of angstyness.

But at the same time, im still super cheerful and hyper.

It's quite confusing. Maybe the winter weather is finally getting to me...Ah well, warm weather is on its way...I need to go outside xD

Ladybug

Smash Lord
There's a reason I'm an art student. As proven by my test score.

The worst part about it is there is a "Programming for non-CS majors" (in other words, ATEC majors which is what I am) that I'm not allowed to take because it wouldn't count because of the degree plan that I'm on. I COULD have passed this class if it was a class geared towards people who aren't programming majors. Which I'm not. I'm an art student. Digital art yes, but an art student none the less.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
There's a reason I'm an art student. As proven by my test score.

The worst part about it is there is a "Programming for non-CS majors" (in other words, ATEC majors which is what I am) that I'm not allowed to take because it wouldn't count because of the degree plan that I'm on. I COULD have passed this class if it was a class geared towards people who aren't programming majors. Which I'm not. I'm an art student. Digital art yes, but an art student none the less.
Isn't that somewhat unfair?

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Yes it is. But my college has always found a way to **** me over somehow. *sigh*

I bet that it would count... If I had a different adviser. But my adviser sucks at her job (I took a whole semester of classes that didn't count for ANYTHING because she didn't tell me not to).

It's just because I'm on the "2006 - 2008" degree plan, instead of the "2008-2010" one and therefore I have a different set of classes to take. I could switch over, but that would put me back almost two years and I'm already behind one. I've been in college for 8 years now and I don't have anything to show for it. Except a massive amount of debt and all of my friend graduating before me. :(

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
..You've been in college for eight years?

wow. that must be really difficult financially

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Since 2002. I went to community college at the same time I was in high school (for two years), followed by two years of the same community college, followed by a semester in California, followed by back at the same community college (with no Associates btw), followed by the University I'm in now. I'm losing my mind. And yes, it is. Although since it was community college it wasn't really expensive (I had a job and paid for it that way), but the University I'm at now and the college I went to in Cali were both really expensive and I have lots-o debt. :(

It's really quite upsetting. I suppose that's why it's in the "Something bothering you" thread. Haha.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Sheesh, that's pretty rough on someone.

I've only switched frmo Uni to CC and im trying to switch back to Uni.

Good luck Ladybug hope everything goes ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom