• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something bothering you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Well Mithx, you don't have to dance or even spend time with your friends at the club. Granted, it's best not to go alone, but I'm sure you can find at least one other non-dancer to go with. Are you a girl? Because if you are you definitely don't want to be alone. Lonely girls at dance clubs / bars will be approached often, since guys probably find it much easier to approach a girl that isn't in a group because of fear of multiple rejection. lol

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
Some friends want me to go clubbing with them friday. I really want to go but I've never really been out; last time I went with some people I didn't really know and it got really uncomfortable. I no longer speak to those people. Anyway, the major issue isn't so much the clubbing as much as the dancing. They all want to dance and I don't want to dance. There are tons of negative connotations that pop into my head when I hear "club" and "dance" in the same sentence. I could have plenty of fun sitting my *** at the bar and chatting it up with random people.

Another one of my worries is that people are going to be looking for a quick hook-up. This is a "red light, green light" event which means that singles wear green bands and people who are taken where red bands. I'm not looking for anyone to hit on or anyone to hit on me. I just want to go out with some friends and have some fun. However, right now I'm thinking I'll just pass it up. I'm already fairly anxious about this whole thing (in a bad way) and I have enough to worry about as it is. On the other hand, I really want to go out for once and do something. *sigh* Maybe I'm just a bit too old-fashioned for things like this...
Oh my god, take me to this club.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Well Mithx, you don't have to dance or even spend time with your friends at the club. Granted, it's best not to go alone, but I'm sure you can find at least one other non-dancer to go with. Are you a girl? Because if you are you definitely don't want to be alone. Lonely girls at dance clubs / bars will be approached often, since guys probably find it much easier to approach a girl that isn't in a group because of fear of multiple rejection. lol
Nah I'm a dude
<--points to profile pic.

Going with friends or meeting them there would be much better than going solo imo.

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
Well.. Recently, some of my friends have been trying real hard for me to become a Christian (I really don't care about religion, and if they ask me what do I believe, i tell them that idc).

I mean, at first it was okay, they were like come on, you'll go to hell and stupid **** like that.

But just this weekend, I told them to come to my house to play smash, and I suggested that they brought their own controllers. Well, they didn't bring any controllers, but they sure brought their Bible. I mean, wtf!

I don't want to hurt their feelings or anything, and I know that they want to help me, in their wierd kind of way, but this is making me real uncomfortable when I'm near them.
Oh yes I know how this feels. Before I became a Catholic my father would actually mind game me into going to church with him. He would take me to the movies then drive straight to church afterwords. Omfg I was so pissed off every time he did that. People like that actually turn others away from Christianity. I ****ing hate it.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I dunno, I'd say a movie is worth an hour of church. Lol.

I feel bad for my parents. I can tell deep down they feel like they've failed because none of their kids go to church anymore =\

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Yeah I was the one who started rebelling in my family when we were small and not going to church. I would walk out of church when my parents weren't looking (I would sit away from them) go to a gas station store and by some chips and wait it out.

lol

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Oh my god, take me to this club.
Why? For the red light, green light event? We have these like every few weeks out here in philly. The club is also 3 stories and has 9 different sections: 6 bar areas and 3 dance floors with 1 DJ per floor and each floor is playing something different (i.e. different styles and types of music). I just found out the dress code is fairly upscale too which I love. Maybe I'll have a good time after all.

Black Waltz

Smash Champion
I'm still horribly uncomfortable on a dance floor; but a lot of what you guys said helped.
Dont' worry, I didn't know **** about dancing until recently. Just watch some people and then jump in and you should be fine.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
To be honest, people don't really care how you dance. It's how much you are into your dancing that matters. If you are insecure about your dancing it will show in your face and movements, and that's what probably annoys people. Just have fun, and if you are scared to dance, a few beers takes care of that. =P

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
♣ Something that's really bothering me is most of the forum veterans... (WARNING: big rant that may offend some mods and Broomers)

They're the most obnoxious douchebags on SWF, and they don't even get infractions for their stupid, flamy posts because the mods love them so much. This is why I hate mods and Broomers so much. Christ almighty.

I mean, have you seen the "Sliq Cool Points" thread in User Blogs? Who would actually be pompous enough to award "cool points" to random forum vets only? Is it really fair? Why didn't I get any cool points? Do you all really hate non-forum vets that much? That you would make them feel this bad... this... left out?!

My God! I like 09ers more than these children! I mean, don't get me wrong, there are some mods that I like. But just mods; I hate ALL Broomers. I wouldn't, if they could act a little more mature.

Well, there's my rant. I don't care if I get an infraction for this. ♣

Mith_

Smash Champion
Why? For the red light, green light event? We have these like every few weeks out here in philly. The club is also 3 stories and has 9 different sections: 6 bar areas and 3 dance floors with 1 DJ per floor and each floor is playing something different (i.e. different styles and types of music). I just found out the dress code is fairly upscale too which I love. Maybe I'll have a good time after all.
wth how could you not have a good time?

MBreeto

Smash Ace
I hate when someone who joined in October or November 2008 makes fun of an 09'er. It doesn't make sense. They've only been there for 2 months. Idk, just something small that annoys me

Skrah

Smash Ace
Oops.. sorry guys I meant Catholic, not Christian. And being atheist in the #1 Catholic country is kind of your doing it wrong, or w/e.

They are really good friends, and I think that their just trying to help me in their spiritual kind of way..

I guess I'll just tell them to f'uck of or something.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
hm I am agnostic (however you spell it), I've never been in a large fight just because of religion but there is this reall annoying girl, in my school, she just has to argue if she finds something slightly offensive to her reliogen (christian). She just has to argue out in front of so many people. All she uses as backup is because its in the bible or something else that has no real science to it. She even got my annoying always laughing friend mad, which is saying alot because he only once got angry. >.> so yeah she pisses me off

Also I've been feeling more depressed then usual, and by more depressed I mean alot more depressed. I always think negitive well have always been thinking negitive all my life, I cant change that. I got so depressed and lonely last night, I ended up cutting myself with a razor (new one at that). I really dont know why I've been more depressed then usual for the last few days. Sadly I already have this feeling I'm going to die cold and alone. It really dosent matter once I die it will really be a blessing, to leave this world. Well unless something good happens and I mean really good in my life. I have also been eating alot less where my moms been getting worried but I really dont see any problem with it.

Another thing is my sis always says and thinks she is smarter then everyone, just treats everyone like their dumb mutes, all because she has gotten straight A's all her life. Whats even worse is she has skipped a grade and even gotten almost all my old teachers and has gotten better grade in those classes then I ever did, I usually get B and A but she always gets A+. Its very frustrating, and next year she will be going to the smae high school. I hope she gets a good amount C's in my high school which is project based.

Another thing, since my school is project based messing up in one project screw your grade for the whole semister, every class even Algerbra 2 has projects all year round. So stress tends to build up alot. I really begin questioning my futur and the way the econemy is going now its making it harder. I also have to get my school service hours done soon they are manditory for your resume. We are also making a digital portfolio that, we start in 2nd year and it must be complete with all your work and much more by senior year or you dont get your diploma. My school is also technology based. So sometimes the computers dont wanna coperate.

Fun fact, in the middle of cutting myslef I shaved my legs

I would put alot more but I'm back from school and really lazy right now.

sorry if it is to messy and to many mistakes:urg:

arfer

Smash Cadet
Okay Kirbywizard, it seems you really needed to get that off your chest. The whole "it'd be wonderful if I died" thing isn't new to me... yup best senior year evur. but really, you already listed some reasons why your death wouldn't necessarily be a good thing.

FOr one, you mentioned that your mother is worried. that means if you took your own life, you'd be robbing something priceless [you] from your mother. It might not feel like it now, but it DOES get better... only if you allow it to. I know its probably something you WOULDN'T do, but if actually let someone know about what you're going through, they WILL show concern and help you through it. especially your mother.

as for your sister, I'd be a bit jealous of her too. and it'd be cliched to say "you should be proud of her" from your description, she sounds like a snob

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Okay Kirbywizard, it seems you really needed to get that off your chest. The whole "it'd be wonderful if I died" thing isn't new to me... yup best senior year evur. but really, you already listed some reasons why your death wouldn't necessarily be a good thing.

FOr one, you mentioned that your mother is worried. that means if you took your own life, you'd be robbing something priceless [you] from your mother. It might not feel like it now, but it DOES get better... only if you allow it to. I know its probably something you WOULDN'T do, but if actually let someone know about what you're going through, they WILL show concern and help you through it. especially your mother.

as for your sister, I'd be a bit jealous of her too. and it'd be cliched to say "you should be proud of her" from your description, she sounds like a snob
hm death is bad nor good, do I want to kill myself, no, scuicide is a cowardly way to get rid of problems. Also yeah I forgot to mention i dont want to tell my mother this stuff, because a friend of mine told her mother what she felt, she was sent to doctor for some brain scanning or something like that, they put her on some pills to make her happy but. She is no longer the same person anymore. Those pills changed her completly:urg:. But death in reality is a blessing its just how you die is what counts, and a lonelyness is my only fear. But what the heck they have drugs to make you happy thats really jacked up. Well unless your body was born without a certian fluid then you would need to take them. Also yes my sis is a snob

arfer

Smash Cadet
your sis is a snob. point it out and let her know that you're better than her in that aspect... I dunno

as for the other stuff, I'd say your in the more serious stage of depression [or so I've read/heard]. Been through the same thing sorta, different circumstances. If I'm correct, what you're feeling is "I don't want to kill myself, but I don't want to live either, at least not like this" or "I don't want to kill myself, but if I were going to die, I wouldn't oppose" or something of the sort, right?

Don't take any drugs... it makes things worse. too lazy to explain why it only exacerbates problems and makes you dependent on it at the moment

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
your sis is a snob. point it out and let her know that you're better than her in that aspect... I dunno

as for the other stuff, I'd say your in the more serious stage of depression [or so I've read/heard]. Been through the same thing sorta, different circumstances. If I'm correct, what you're feeling is "I don't want to kill myself, but I don't want to live either, at least not like this" or "I don't want to kill myself, but if I were going to die, I wouldn't oppose" or something of the sort, right?

Don't take any drugs... it makes things worse. too lazy to explain why it only exacerbates problems and makes you dependent on it at the moment
yeah they forced my friend to take those drugs, o she is never the same anymore @_@
but everyone already tells here she is a snob
also do we have any other sadists here other then me

also I love dark poetry its so soothing

arfer

Smash Cadet
said I was too lazy but felt like it anyways... from what I learned in my psychology class...

Your brain produces chemicals that influence how you feel [or something like that]. Drugs simulate those chemicals, telling the brain to go on a vacation [okay, this drug is making the chemical. I don't need to make it anymore]. once you stop taking the drug, your brain refuses to produce that chemical anymore and so you HAVE to take the drug to produce those feelings [wait a minute, you gave me a vacation! no way am I getting back to work]. and so, your friend is no longer the same person as her brain can no longer function as yours does

blech it's a VERY basic and general idea of how it works... don't have my notes or book right now to make sure...

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
said I was too lazy but felt like it anyways... from what I learned in my psychology class...

Your brain produces chemicals that influence how you feel [or something like that]. Drugs simulate those chemicals, telling the brain to go on a vacation [okay, this drug is making the chemical. I don't need to make it anymore]. once you stop taking the drug, your brain refuses to produce that chemical anymore and so you HAVE to take the drug to produce those feelings [wait a minute, you gave me a vacation! no way am I getting back to work]. and so, your friend is no longer the same person as her brain can no longer function as yours does

blech it's a VERY basic and general idea of how it works... don't have my notes or book right now to make sure...
you got some of it right, I should know I read an entire wikiapedia artical on this @_@
also I really want to study the human mind and a little politics, the mind is so fasinating and wild, thats why I want to take psychology. curse my spelling, where are you spell check

Sliq

Smash Master
I'm going to take this time to let everyone know that I search my own name from time to time.

They're the most obnoxious douchebags on SWF, and they don't even get infractions for their stupid, flamy posts because the mods love them so much. This is why I hate mods and Broomers so much. Christ almighty.
Almost all of the mods hate me, and I was recently banned. I currently have 3 PERMANENT infraction points. Please say things that aren't wrong.

I mean, have you seen the "Sliq Cool Points" thread in User Blogs? Who would actually be pompous enough to award "cool points" to random forum vets only?
I gave +10 points to 2008 people who I have never heard of, and gave +10 points to a friend of mine for making an animate gif image for me. Also, I gave the mod that banned me, a veteran, -1000 points.

Also, the mods closed that thread, otherwise I would've suggested that you make your own list and give all of the veterans negative bajillion points because anyone that takes imaginary points that don't exist given out on the internet from someone you've never met seriously is not someone I would a trust with a relatively sharp object without expecting them to hurt themselves.

Please say things that aren't wrong.

[Why didn't I get any cool points?
You have done nothing worthy of receiving points, sans complaining about stuff. The 08'ers I gave points too did research about Bowser and presented me with it. You, on the other hand, felt obligated to receive special treatment after doing nothing. That is why.

Do you all really hate non-forum vets that much? That you would make them feel this bad... this... left out?!
I gave more positive points to new people than I did to forum vets. As a matter of fact, forum vets are at -990 points. Please say things that aren't wrong.

Also, if you feel left out or feel bad because someone on an internet forum didn't give you imaginary cool points, then I have no idea how I could possibly make this up to you without patronizing all of human kind.

My God! I like 09ers more than these children!
Irony...too potent...losing...strength...abusing...ellipses...

Well, there's my rant. I don't care if I get an infraction for this.
Here's my rant, and I do care if I get an infraction for this, so I didn't resort to name calling and tried to be as logical as possible.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
It bothers me that I don't know what "Sliq cool points" are.

Actually that doesn't bother me. I just wanted to let the world know.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
What really bothers me is abusive husbands and not being able to see my girlfriend enough. I haven't seen the chick in two weeks, and here from her in two days -_-

KingJiggyWiggy

Smash Lord
I dunno, I'd say a movie is worth an hour of church. Lol.

I feel bad for my parents. I can tell deep down they feel like they've failed because none of their kids go to church anymore =\
Yeah I was the one who started rebelling in my family when we were small and not going to church. I would walk out of church when my parents weren't looking (I would sit away from them) go to a gas station store and by some chips and wait it out.

lol
This happens a lot too, parents bring the subject in the wrong way. I know for sure that there is no way in Hell that I would be going to church if it weren't because I actually wanted to know more about Catholicism.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
This happens a lot too, parents bring the subject in the wrong way. I know for sure that there is no way in Hell that I would be going to church if it weren't because I actually wanted to know more about Catholicism.
the only time you will find me in a church is if its for funeral purpose and mabey a wedding thats it, >.>

MBreeto

Smash Ace
the only time you will find me in a church is if its for funeral purpose and mabey a wedding thats it, >.>
me too. I'm an atheist and everyone else in my family goes to church. I have to go once in a while because my brother is in senior fellowship.

Smash Master
My laptop has broken five times in the last year and a half. Motherboard, hard drive, real hardware stuff, too. I hate Best Buy. It's making my grades dip a bit.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
Well, I've ranted enough about Brawl issues. They're still alive and kicking me in the rear for no logical reason at all. I feel I'll become really annoying if I drag that out any further.

The thing that's bothering me now is college. I'm a junior by hours, although I ought to be a sophomore by the number of semesters I've attended. I'm taking a lot of CS courses, and... two courses are just too intense for me. It's too late for me to drop them, yet I really feel I have no idea what I'm doing. Everything is just going over my head. It's a miracle I'm getting stuff turned in on time.

The first course bothering me is Professional and Technical Communication. Half the class revolves around "planning" a technical group project and determining if it's feasible or not. The problem is... the group I'm in is doing a project that... well, should be in my ballpark (an internet forum for event postings to replace flyers), but... well, the technical stuff is over my head. I may go from my individual role of researching forum ranks (admins, super mods, mods, etc.) to researching the HARDWARE involved. Ugh.

The second class is Data Structures and Algorithms. Requires knowledge of Java, which I SHOULD have, but really all I have is knowledge of a Java TEXTBOOK. The first project I struggled with a lot: I had to implement a linked list. I really didn't know what to do other than, well, what I'm good at: looking stuff up in the book and applying it. I don't know my grade on the project, but I'm surprised I got it finished. And of course, just "sliding by" on one project can only work so well until something worse comes along.

I'm NOT a Computer Science major, despite what's in the school's records. I'm a studying major. I major in studying stuff. I major in taking classses and absorbing stuff. I mean... I REALLY like comp sci until now... now it's like I shouldn't belong. And do I have people who could help? Not really. I've got a roommate that knows what he's doing and is like two or so classes ahead of me, but... he's troublesome to put up with. It's like he flaunts what he knows. I really hate to put up with people like that. No offense Smashboards, but I really don't like to put up with those people. Not saying I WON'T, but I'd call it a last resort if I had other options.

It's like... everyone in the world has someone or more than just someone to back him or her up, but I've got practically no one. All my parents can do is call and console me and stuff, but... they're not doing what I'm doing. They can't do it. All they know to do is just stand back and be cheerleaders. And I feel this way about Smash too. Sure, "playing to win" ISN'T about making friends and stuff, but then HOW on EARTH does Smashboards exist if that's the case? How is it that people support their regions/fellow X mainers/whatever-else-they-have-in-common if all Smash is about is "play to win"? If it's because they're good, well, it makes a bit of sense, I guess. No wonder I don't have any support. I'm terrible.

Smash Master
The second class is Data Structures and Algorithms. Requires knowledge of Java, which I SHOULD have, but really all I have is knowledge of a Java TEXTBOOK. The first project I struggled with a lot: I had to implement a linked list. I really didn't know what to do other than, well, what I'm good at: looking stuff up in the book and applying it. I don't know my grade on the project, but I'm surprised I got it finished. And of course, just "sliding by" on one project can only work so well until something worse comes along.

No way: that's the course that's making me change MY major :laugh:. I'm havng major issues implementing removeRange for an Array Linear List, and I couldn't create a program to multiply two sparce matrices represented as a 1D Array. I turned in two codes that don't work. Hopefully I'll get something for it. Wow, small world, ain't it.

Is your textbook orange?

I complaine about this very thing like two pages ago or something.

We should PM each other when we need help. We're in too deep, can't give up yet, etc... etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom