• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Somebody play pokemon with me (Plus maybe tournaments?)

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
http://shoddybattle.com/

go there and download the simulator software. Everything is pretty straight forward.

If you want to learn more:

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/

You guys should all get on some shoddy battle, it's pretty fun, even with the stupid luck based stuff. Surprising amounts of strategy.

Plus i'm thinking of holding maybe some tournaments through smashboards for shoddy battle. It'd be like during the week at night, let me know what you guys think.

If you want to play now, you should get on this.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll play with yah sometime. I play this fairly often.

I'd also support a tourney. :lick:
*has never used that emoticon before*
I heard they're coming out with a second one. :O

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I'm up for this... at some point...

Also, on the subject of pokemon, with how easy it is to hack the game, how can a hacked pokemon be detected at tournaments? I mean, it's easy to tell if someone's careless and the location met description says "met in mystery zone," but what if the hack is a believable one like moderately spread IVs and realistic movesets?

DC

Smash Cadet
Haha I used to be a pro. I won a tourney at GameStop once... I expected it to be an easy win from a bunch of little kids but there ended up being another hardcore EV trainer there. I beat him handily tho, then won Pokemon Battle Revolution.

DD Gyarados FTW

Also Weavile.

BTW I retired from this game cuz it's more random then Smash.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i wish weavile was viable. but he aint no match for metagross :\

are we talking OU only btw?

get at my ddkingdra and bulkydos lol

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
I have a shiny Ninjask with NoGuard, that knows Horndrill, Drill peck, Sheer Cold, and Dynamic Punch.

Is that allowed?
rofl

Nah but I do know a fair amount about IV's and EV's... but it takes SOO LONG I'd rather just play the storyline to enjoy it. I also do not own a DS or anything beyond FR/LG

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
I have a shiny Ninjask with NoGuard, that knows Horndrill, Drill peck, Sheer Cold, and Dynamic Punch.

Is that allowed?
rofl

Nah but I do know a fair amount about IV's and EV's... but it takes SOO LONG I'd rather just play the storyline to enjoy it. I also do not own a DS or anything beyond FR/LG
That's why shoddy battle exists. You can play the game normally, and then when you want to create your dream team, the program allows you to create any legal pokemon.

the team builder allows you to set EVs, IVs, nature, hold item, ability if it has more than one, the 4 moves from the pool it can learn, and it automatically has every pokemon at lvl 100 (but you can change it to any level in case you run something like sash/endeavor sets).

The cool thing is that it even restricts you to moves that a pokemon can learn at the same time. For instance, if a pokemon knows the move wish through an NYPC event only, then the program automatically throws up a warning if you try to have wish and some move that can only be obtained via breeding, and if you try to load the team and do a ladder match, it won't let you.

The auto correct on IV's and hidden power is pretty awesome as well, you can choose a max power hidden power, and it will change the IV's to maximize your overall IV's for you.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
who wants to fight my 6 garchomp team?only some with yache berries LOL

DC

Smash Cadet
Sleep Clause
You cannot put two of your opponent's Pokemon to sleep at the same time. (Rest not applicable)

Evasion Clause
No moves that increase evasion such as Double Team and Minimize may be used. Things like Sand-Attack and Sand Veil are still legal.

Species Clause
No two of the same Pokemon may be used on one team.

One Hit KO Clause
One hit ko moves such as Horn Drill or Sheer Cold are not to be used.

Uber Clause
No Uber Pokemon are allowed. These Pokemon include:

-Mewtwo
-Mew
-Ho-oh
-Lugia
-Kyogre
-Groudon
-Rayquaza
-Deoxys (all forms)
-Dialga
-Palkia
-Giratina
-Darkrai
-Arceus
-Manaphy
-Wobbuffet

Item Clause
4 or more Pokemon cannot hold the same item in your party (the max is 3) with the exception of the choice items and focus sashes(one each per team) One choice scarf, one choice band ect.
---The item Soul Dew is banned.---

Selfdestruct Clause
The moves Selfdestruct, Explosion, Perish Song, Destiny Bond, or any other such move may not be used if both players only have 1 remaining Pokemon. If a player uses one of those moves under this condition, they automatically lose.

Loto

Smash Ace
I used to play competitively for a while.... it's been a long long time tho but maybe ill pick it up again. hit me up XIF and ill dl it and make a team really fast and play you a couple matches or something.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I get on Shoddy sometimes. Till Jirachi flinches my whole team to death.

I'm "tekami" on shoddy btw

I suck, but I never really had the intention of being good either. I just try to make stupid mono teams and things like that and see how people react and whatnot. It's a very fun game. I love me some Shoddy. Don't have time for all that actual EV training, so much easier to just be like "yah I want an Adamant Heracross with 252" etc and boom it's done.

If you couldn't guess by my avatar I use Yanmega in like every **** team cause he is my favorite pokemon

rhan

Smash Hero
Sleep Clause
You cannot put two of your opponent's Pokemon to sleep at the same time. (Rest not applicable)

Evasion Clause
No moves that increase evasion such as Double Team and Minimize may be used. Things like Sand-Attack and Sand Veil are still legal.

Species Clause
No two of the same Pokemon may be used on one team.

One Hit KO Clause
One hit ko moves such as Horn Drill or Sheer Cold are not to be used.

Uber Clause
No Uber Pokemon are allowed. These Pokemon include:

-Mewtwo
-Mew
-Ho-oh
-Lugia
-Kyogre
-Groudon
-Rayquaza
-Deoxys (all forms)
-Dialga
-Palkia
-Giratina
-Darkrai
-Arceus
-Manaphy
-Wobbuffet

Item Clause
4 or more Pokemon cannot hold the same item in your party (the max is 3) with the exception of the choice items and focus sashes(one each per team) One choice scarf, one choice band ect.
---The item Soul Dew is banned.---

Selfdestruct Clause
The moves Selfdestruct, Explosion, Perish Song, Destiny Bond, or any other such move may not be used if both players only have 1 remaining Pokemon. If a player uses one of those moves under this condition, they automatically lose.
What about Edgar Clause?

Loto

Smash Ace
Edgar clause, TOO good. rofl. I'll downlaod it tonight after work TRC and lets do a couple matches. I havn't played in ages competitively so I pretty much suck now but I should be able to put a decent team together.

Rayku

Smash Lord
If anyone wants to play Pokemon, simply just IM me @ raykuthunder

I'm decent at ubers. Rather, it's my favorite area of play.

I have an outdated OU team I enjoy playing, though. Seriously, anyone hit me up.

**** UU, though.

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
Focus Sash should save the holder from dying in their own Explosion.

Critical Hits make me ragequit, so I haven't played in a while, but I'm down.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
hmmm...breloom kicks my *** : < how do i counter that hoe without being predictible with the swicth AND the pokemon i want to switch to PLUS not having to deal with stealth rock and toxic spikes/spikes >_> god switch ins are so homo. too many mindgames

Rayku

Smash Lord
hmmm...breloom kicks my *** : < how do i counter that hoe without being predictible with the swicth AND the pokemon i want to switch to PLUS not having to deal with stealth rock and toxic spikes/spikes >_> god switch ins are so homo. too many mindgames
Make your whole team have a speed of 270 or more

Breloom will never harm you again.

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
Has anyone ever tried a Choice Scarf Butterfree?

It works pretty **** well. Its Compoundeyes ability make Sleep Powder and Stun Spore near perfect accuracy. It outspeeds Timid Shaymin-S, but Jolly Aerodactyl still beats it.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
um, is shoddy down or something? I tried to get on just now but the shoddy server seems to not be uh... there

(sorry about last night, was determined to finish my combo video)

edit : nevermind... thank you refresh button

btw I have been hit by a scarfed Butterfree before, was surprising as hell

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Most breloom movesets are countered by a sleep talker(i.e. snorlax/heatran) followed by a switch-in to substitute gengar. If you're content on losing a pkmn to spore you can skip making a sleep talker, have a pkmn absorb the sleep and switch to gengar then sub up. Gengar has levitate so he takes neutral damage from SR and is unaffected by spikes.

Choice Scarf butterfree loses to a lot of stuff but is good when your opp is unprepared. I'd recommend a non-choice item version so you could wreck walls/bulky sweepers while being able to para their switch-in. It also cuts down the amount of switching you have to do so SR/sandstorm doesn't kill you in two switches.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
I'm having a hard time understanding how Critical hits work.

Example: In Battle Frontier, I would have a Tentacruel with full health (special sponge) that does 3 Amnesias for x8 Special defense, but then a Pokemon with no prior setups would get a critical Thunderbolt and Tentacruel would just die. wtf?

All descriptions for Critical Hits say that it's just an extra 2x, but I don't think that x4 thunderbolt alone could kill it.

Do critical hits bypass stat gains or something?

Also, what are the chances of a critical hit from a Honchcrow with Super Luck holding a Scope Lens and using Focus Energy and Slash?

Rayku

Smash Lord
Critical hit does not factor in any offensive or defensive stats.
It could be good or bad for either player.
Critical Hits don't account for stat gains.

When your Tentacruel got crit'd, only the original stats were taken into account.

Your original special defense, the power of the Thunderbolt, and their special attack (and all the other crap that gets factored in).

Top Bottom