• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some multi shines

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys just want to post some multi shining I did the other day. I wasn't really on my multi shine game and I want to get a more consistent video up because it's actually pretty embarrising posting this when I know I can do much better. So stick around for a better video in the future and if anyone needs advice on multi shining get me on AIM.

heres the link http://www.youtube.com/user/Tundravalcoz the only 2 videos there are multi shining videos.

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
It's just for fun and isn't at all useful in an actual game. Just a bit of showing off a cool looking technique.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I have only done 3 one time, lol
I just get 2 or none at all whenever I try to I don't even bother
and I'm giving up on practicing them ^.^
pretty ****in consistent **** tho tundra

PCHU

Smash Lord
Well, I want to know your technique as well.

Pretty much, there are three I know of.
The one that works most efficiently is the method of slow shining.
1. Basically, hold B a little, and then press X-> B, and repeat.

2.With the fast shines, I just spam B->X->B->X as fast as I can.
I've gotten around 4-5 in one second.
Or, what I'm pretty sure is one second.

3.And then, there's the 'grinding' method (as I call it).
Just sliding your thumb as fast as you can from B->X, going back to B, and starting over.
I cannot do that as of right now, but I intend to be able to do it soon enough.

My record for slow shining is probably 2-3 in one second, and 13 shines in a row.
My record for fast shining is, as I said before, 4-5 in one second, and 8 shines in a row.

I can do the shines no problem, but the thing is that I sort of jump when I reach over 5.
Sometimes it doesn't happen, but I have to concentrate so hard on not screwing up that I get scared and screw up.

I'm going to get a video up before and after my birthday.
It should have some semi-decent multishining, along with Advancing/Retreating Short Hopped Uairs, Nairs, Bairs, and Dairs with Shines in between.

PCHU

Smash Lord
Y>B, anyone?
Silent Wolf does, I think.
I would use Y, but y would I use Y if I've got X?
Lawlz.

I honestly don't know why I can't use Y.
X has always seemed like the easier-to-get-to button.
It's like a straight shot there, while Y is sort of.......lingering up there somewhere.
It just doesn't feel right to have to alter directions like that.
It's like an obtuse angle for me; I always hit A.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
If you've got the finger speeds to to multi-shines with X, then you'll be a lot faster with Y once you get used to it. I used to waveshine with X, Y has made me much quicker.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
I did 9000 once.

Err...maybe it was more like 25.

I did like 30 with Falco the other day. Generally I can only do about 4 - 6 consistently though. With Fox I can do 3 pretty consistently, after that it gets dicey.

PB&J

Smash Hero
i did 32 with fox like 5 times already..ask colbol..i suk doing it with falco even though people think it is easier..i dont

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
i did 32 with fox like 5 times already..ask colbol..i suk doing it with falco even though people think it is easier..i dont
It's not any easier. The timing is two frames slower so you don't have to move your thumb as fast, but there are a couple of techniques that make the speed not be an issue, mainly clawing and thumb-sliding from Y to B. I claw but I can do it button sliding. It's harder to be consistent but the speed is not really the issue.

I used to find Fox's multishine easier but now I can do both pretty well.

EpicFear

Smash Cadet
as for the usefulness. i think that dropping in double shines occasionally after drilling a shield is pretty useful. if you only use 2 usually you can catch them off guard and follow up with other stuff.

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I havent looked at this thread since my last comment. Yeah I use Y > B while tilting the controller and my hand to the right so instead of my thumb going up and down which is a unnatural motion for your thumb it goes left to right which is much easier and faster.

Also I agree that multi shining with falco is a ***** haha.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I can't believe it.
I can multishine JUST FINE when I'm NOT recording.

I got up to 15 slow shines (2 per second).
I've also been fitting in 7 and 8 fast shines here and there (3-4 shines per second).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89DmUt3V9bg
I can't do multishines worth crap here, but I can do everything else perfectly.
Near perfectly.

Well, at least I've got Falcon Skill (I'm gonna make another video soon).
Any recommendations as to how I could improve multishining with my thumb?
I've1 been trying for days, and I still can't get it fast enough.
SHDL with X is still an issue as well.

VA

Smash Hero
I can do a good amount of multishines in non-match situations but I choke and mess up in game so I don't use it haha.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I found a better way to multishine.
I'll put up a video soon.

My arms get so freakin' tired after a few tries, though.
I can do it with both hands, but after awhile, it takes a lot out of me.
I got up to two shines within 1/4 of a second, but I forgot to keep it up because I was in shock.
I shined so fast that I didn't see the blue hexagon, just the sparkles.
No lies, I'm just telling it like I saw.

My record is still 15.....
>_>

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
That's how you know you are JCing fast enough, when you barely see the shine. Just the initial light and the sparkles.

PCHU

Smash Lord
I BROKE MY RECORD!
16 slow shines at 3 shines per second.

My birthday party is tomorrow.
I'm gonna get a new controller with all of the money I'll get.

I saw this one controller, and the buttons are arranged PERFECTLY for multishining.
There is no contact with the A button from B to Y, making multishining a matter of stamina.
However, the X button is moved a little farther away, so waveshining will be weird.

Expect to see me doing some insane multishining soon.

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
I BROKE MY RECORD!
16 slow shines at 3 shines per second.

My birthday party is tomorrow.
I'm gonna get a new controller with all of the money I'll get.

I saw this one controller, and the buttons are arranged PERFECTLY for multishining.
There is no contact with the A button from B to Y, making multishining a matter of stamina.
However, the X button is moved a little farther away, so waveshining will be weird.

Expect to see me doing some insane multishining soon.
I can multi shine with X to B about 15 times and I actually slide my finger over the A pressing it down but since its too fast to register it only registers the B. Not touching the A wont help at all. Just focus on your Y to B speed and dont worry about how fast your getting from B to Y and eventually the speed comes with time.

I'm still messing around with multishining and I did it at about the same speed for about 11-12 seconds straight so I'm going to guess I did around 35 or 40. I'll try to get another video up soon and possibly even sooner if I find a use for it besides showing off.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
I don't even bother doing this with Fox to be honest. Just Falco because it's super useful. Anytime I could JC Shine infinite someone with Fox, I could just infi wave shine them easier, and reduce the risk of error.

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
I don't even bother doing this with Fox to be honest. Just Falco because it's super useful. Anytime I could JC Shine infinite someone with Fox, I could just infi wave shine them easier, and reduce the risk of error.

Yeah I like to double shine with Falco but after that its all luck I can barely get 3 out of him for some reason. And yes its totally useless but its fun to see how many you can get.

Top Bottom