• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Sedda

Smash Champion
idk man. I've been in this situation before. I'll give Isai the benefit of the doubt and say cobr is the most balanced samus main

Chaostatic

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. I'm really trying to step up to the next level with this game.

Does anyone have any cool training methods that they use?

Sedda

Smash Champion
Hey guys. I'm really trying to step up to the next level with this game.

Does anyone have any cool training methods that they use?
Just practice movement. It's discouraging to know that you could've chosen a better option in game if you were able to move faster or with more efficiency

Chaostatic

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that's what I mean! Does anyone have any specific exercises or techniques that will help me move fast!?

I've been doing this thing with fox (i think mixa posted about it, idk) where you immediately double jump on dreamland so that you can perfectly land on the top platform.

It makes suuuuuuch a difference. I wish i knew about it earlier, it's so good lol.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
You can practice perfect landing and then shield drop ff into different aerials from the top platform. That way you're actually using the perfect landing as a movement option

Chaostatic

Smash Apprentice
Yeah what I've been doing is perfect land > pivot plat drop > ff areal.

It's actually pretty fun lol.

Sangoku

Smash Master
How about "perfect" stick jumps on side platforms? That seems difficult, but that would be really useful (and no need to be exactly perfect, just to land quickly).

edit: with Fox I mean.

Last edited:

Chaostatic

Smash Apprentice
I've actually been working on that a lot with Ness and Link. I don't know the frame data, but it feels like you have to be more precise with those two.

Shears

Smash Master
Woah I just cracked 1,000 posts and didn't even realize it until smashboards gave me a trophy. I feel like it was just yesterday I was fighting commies in the great timer war of 2014.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
would get lost in the ruckus. it's merely signing up and clicking links on bing then closing the browser...mer i just need TWENTY THREE PEOPLE AND I'LL GET THE DAMN THING IN LIKE THREE WEEKS

oh well

mixa

Banned via Warnings
learn to choose. i have 400gb+ of music but i never use more than 4gb at a time

dude, Nine Stories is so good

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
how do you 1. not get tired of those same songs 2. go from post rock to naruto openings to eminem to kirby music

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I also have a youtube playlist. When I get bored I go on a journey to find new music to add to it.
To answer no.2, the "best" thing about youtube playlists is the visable seed. I play around with the seed until I get an order of songs I like. (shuffle=NUMBERRRR). I'd assume there's 4 billion possible unique play lists. Although I think there'd be the number of songs in your play list factorial (e.g. 100!) different orders (that's a really large number fyi), so quite a lot of possibilities not available.

Last edited:

Sangoku

Smash Master
Pretty sure that's not what mixa meant by "how". More like how can you listen to eminem and kirby music just after, because of the difference in style/atmosphere/mood or whatever.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
how do you 1. not get tired of those same songs 2. go from post rock to naruto openings to eminem to kirby music
Well the eminem song is a mix with The XX song Intro so it feels a bit more like artrock than his style of music directly. For the 2nd one, it happens to be one of the only pieces with violins. in terms of kirby, it's a jazz piece.

The majority of stuff is instrumental, or has a major focus on instrumentals.

I have made previous playlists with only music like Venetian Snares/Autechre/Aphex Twin/Glitch/DnB.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The one's in Africa are cannibalistic and only eat the flesh of living creatures.

And those are in New Zealand.

Pretty sure that's not what mixa meant by "how". More like how can you listen to eminem and kirby music just after, because of the difference in style/atmosphere/mood or whatever.
Well that's how "I" do it then. Messing around with the seed gets me an order of songs I want, haha.

Last edited:

Chaostatic

Smash Apprentice
lol it turns out you can fast fall back air with fox

seems useful

Edit: SHORT HOP fast fall back air...

lol

Last edited:

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
yeah

so

because i'm amazing at life

it turns out that emmi is (shock horror), a guy called simon xu. AKA truetears.

all combos are tas

emmi is a real person just not a smash player

simon got kicked out of the skype group and now everyone will live happily ever after

apparently rom found out that simon was emmi and got asked to keep it a secret but got sick of it

now i just have to find that double rest video...

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
yeah as i mentioned in the group emmi as a concept was a good idea as the community got hyped up about her

but apparently her role is done now

and im just basking in the glory of being right

everyone seems chill now, and i got invited into the community so i can start playing online again haha

Top Bottom