• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Are you sure about that? I played this emmi in 7 frames and her/his techskill was off the chain. Also Bane, heard you were boom level now, play me, stop duckin me.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
I played this emmi in 7 frames and her/his techskill was off the chain.
loopholes!!
if the guy behind emmi is not a smasher (source: ciaza) then someone with good enough tech skill was playing under emmi
i think aa is on this

Sedda

Smash Champion
I still want to know who is playing under emmi with that ridiculous tech skill from the short clips ive seen

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
Just a thought I've had for awhile but always forgot. I think the reason Ness is so commonly regarded as ss tier among casual players is his auto cancelled uair and dair. Unknowingly, people are "z cancelling" 2/5 of their aerial set, and considering how strong his dair is, it just means that they play a little bit faster than someone playing a character whose moves need to be z cancelled.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
last night i drank almost a bottle of whiskey and dislocated my shoulder

then drove home at 9am with the bottle in the front seat

i am simply amazed at my luck sometimes

also lol@emmi - this is why that jacob papadidmmtitimororourur guy is one of the trashbag folk in the ecssb group

Last edited:

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
Emmi definitely did her job though. After seeing all the crazy **** I did, it really pressed me to work on my tech skill even more and become a walking TAS :068:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
peru would be less hidden if they made an effort

i mean, one time i wanted to find out about peru stuff, i didn't even know where to start, whereas with japan it's all there

Vale

Smash Ace
Yeah, I plan on getting the 3DS version.

I know this is a pretty unpopular opinion, but I think it might even be better than Brawl.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
yeah truetears was using macros to play people online

that jacobpapa kid gave me so much **** on reddit too... after they posted vids to r/smashbros and i called them out for being tas

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
last night i drank almost a bottle of whiskey and dislocated my shoulder

then drove home at 9am with the bottle in the front seat

i am simply amazed at my luck sometimes

also lol@emmi - this is why that jacob papadidmmtitimororourur guy is one of the trashbag folk in the ecssb group
you are a ****ing idiot. DUI costs ~$10,000. take a cab

edit: wait i dont think this is the first time i yelled at you for this

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
yo cobr you need to stop being stupid. might as well have bloodpeach drive you around

-but yeah, I'm excited for smash 4 just as a smash game. I was never excited about Brawl because I didn't own a wii until after the Wii U came out xD, but now that I have a 3ds imma buy the game and smash with my buds

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'll probably get 3DS Smash just because. Why not. I haven't feeling too much interest though, haven't been following the Smash 4 news or anything. I'm not sure I can feel excitement for a Smash release after being excited, then disappointed about Brawl.

I pretty much have to main Rosalina though, because she's a star... princess... thing.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
btw we would be able to see SENSEI playing against westballz if the vgbootcamp stream wasnt ****ed up. UGH

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I thought emmi was judas.
and judas was male
I dont know who true tears is.
It looks like the person I thought was emmi is still in the aus 64 skype group?
iono anything.
its all a lie I think
unless someone tells me the truth

Pooncahontas

Smash Apprentice
You guys are a bunch of self-assured ****heads and idgi. Firstly, you are taking this information from Ciaza who hasnt been around for a while now. & he definitely hasn't had contact with 'emmi'.

I'm sure if you ask all the people who have had proper contact with 'emmi' (hipstur, sangoku, jousuke, mariguas, wario, etc. etc.)

& this whole thing has been spearheaded by ROM, because of some misinformed personal vendetta.

Facts of the matter: it's not TrueTears, it's not TAS, and the only person who has known the truth this whole time has been the G-MANG and that is no lie.

#FirstNonTrollPostOnSWF

Vale

Smash Ace
guys, i feel like you deserve the truth, so i'm going to make a confession: i'm actually emmi

yeah, I know i live in Florida, and this can be confirmed because i finally decided to show up to a tournament, but I just run through an Australian proxy in order to play online. seven frames of lag is actually average for cross-ocean play because there aren't telephone poles to interrupt with the signal.
how often have you guys actually seen me online apart from the online ranking matches? quick question: have you ever seen emmi and i in the same place? didn't think so.

some people may have seen me play fox and think "that's not nearly technical enough--you really suck at this game vale. seriously, you're probably the one of the worst i've ever seen, why do you keep trying?" it was all part of the plan.

obviously, I needed to find people to go along with the ruse. being a Floridian smash player, I knew that emmi was just what the Australian scene needed to inspire people to get better. that's why i bribed some players with nontracable paper money (to avoid the suspicions of people who might check the bags, i switched out the real cash with monopoly money, a little known nationally accepted currency in australia. that's why everything costs so much more). I know my efforts probably make me one of the greatest heroes of all time, but it's okay, I only need a few ticker tape parades per week--i'm a busy man

i'm also 100% female.

Pooncahontas

Smash Apprentice
Warning Received
Go write some subversive literature, turbonerd.

If you hadn't realised, 'emmi' has posted half of the stuff from my SWF acc, FB, all of that **** on reddit.

cobr, take a page from PuffDaddy's book and end it.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
why the **** would you bring puffdaddy up, may he rest in peace... at least try to show some decency ffs

i personally had no objection to 'emmi', i played along with your OMG DONT TELL SMASHBOREDS WE HAVE A SEKRIT SCENE, and i wasnt even that phased when you kicked me out of your skype group for being 'too smashboardian' or whatever the hell, but sometimes your behaviour is just repulsive

for the record, whenever i played whoever 'emmi' was, they were an excellent player (macros notwithstanding) and they did a huge amount for the australian community, bringing it together and fostering healthy competition - but at the same time, that person was a pathological liar, took great pride in snubbing people like m2k and many american players, and was generally unpleasant a lot of the time, and there is no reason to defend that - the australian smash scene is certainly better off for having 'emmi' in the ranks for however long, but at the same time, emmi was a fake person by all accounts, and the 'lol told u so' is a perfectly normal response that does not warrant salty overreaction

Pooncahontas

Smash Apprentice
Emotions run high on SWF.

EmmiDownUnder was me, I told Sangoku.

The document with all the macros that Rom produced was Simon's. Rom has no clue what he's talking about. So no, no macros. You just mad.

Don was a nicer person as emmi than any of you, and he never cared about you ******s.

& I wasn't the one that kicked you. Get a ****ing clue. dsc's the only semi decent one of you lot.

(i've never spoken to kuro or ciaza, but ciaza posting misinformation is bad enough)

asianaussie

Smash Hero
your insecurity is showing, bud

there was pretty much no reason you had to come out swinging and decide everyone from before-'12 was an asshole, aside from your own misguided pride

kuro and ciaza are great guys irl and i would trust either of them unreservedly, plus most of the other guys too, and that includes dongle... idk where you get off being all high-and-mighty, nor do i have any idea what triggered your sudden change in behaviour from when you first came on here

Top Bottom