• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Vale

Smash Ace
yo so i just graduated high school as salutatorian of my class.

but who cares about that, here's some thoughts from topics during the whenever since i forgot this site existed for like a week:

seeding? zzz. i demand 256 man full round robin tournaments. on a serious note i personally don't care if we use random seeding but i figure that the people who actually get to the end of tournaments wouldn't like being knocked out early and sent out of the prize money if they had to play #1/2. clearly we should just move to 100% pot for the winner (/s).

also don't care about star wars that much. i'll watch ep 7 but i don't really have any expectations of it. i also never read the books, but i assume the first 6 movies didn't 100% accurately get every detail from them in the film, so according to my social group the movie must therefore suck.

melee > 64, lol. i've said it before: melee's literally the worst game. my opinions are 100% objective fact. what is "providing reasoning"?

japan seems cool, have fun. make a competition to see how many locals you can make groan from overplaying love of japanese anime culture (is this "otaku"? i'm not really sure)

3,000 kirby mains not enough. i didn't see anyone bring it up, but those were from a bot i'm pretty sure.

off to play some smash, smell ya lata.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
otaku just means an overzealous love for something or other

you can be a gun otaku, a car otaku, a sports otaku, a computer otaku, whatever - the only criteria is that the obsession starts to cause detriment in other aspects of life

in the west, being a gun, car, sports or technology enthusiast might be considered 'otaku-ism', but that term is mostly a self-given label of PRIDE by anime/manga enthusiasts, who have no ****ing idea what they're on about, and who think preaching despondent ideas about society/education and being a NEET is cool

kudos on the salutatorian thing, im going to assume that means you did really freaking well

Vale

Smash Ace
did you give a heart warming speech? i'm assuming that's what the title is for
kudos on the salutatorian thing, im going to assume that means you did really freaking well
its 2nd in class. small school, so not many graduating kids, though.

i was supposed to give a speech, but i didn't really have anything to say so most of the speech was jokes. and the speech is really a waste of everyone's time anyway. i typed it up and just gave a copy of it to my friends/people that were actually interested in it instead of performing.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
If you really wanted to enter anonymously you shouldn't tell people you are going to use an alternate tag ahead of time. Now everyone knows you plan on entering under an alternate name.
It's more fun this way. It'll be in the back of people's mind come Apex.

If I can get people to worry about having to possibly play an alt first round that's a win for me.

Chaostatic

Smash Apprentice
It's more fun this way. It'll be in the back of people's mind come Apex.

If I can get people to worry about having to possibly play an alt first round that's a win for me.
I can't help but feel that alting at a tournament like Apex is really selfish. I'm sure that there are people (like me) who will agree that alting makes things more exciting, but I get the feeling that the vast majority of players are against it.

It's not fair to the random n00b that spent a **** ton of money to get to Apex that has to play SheerMadness first round of losers because Sheer accidentally got seeded right next to Isai.

I don't know. I'm not even going to Apex. I just feel like it's wrong.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Be upset with the TOs then. I tried to alt the fair way in 2013.

The TOs blew it and forced me to reveal myself.

If I can't alt the fair way then I'll alt the barbaric way.

Last edited:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Warning Received
EHHHHH YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOO

MY MOTHA ****JASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

whad up whad up *******

There's wasn't even an awning in their direction whhhhhahaaaatftt

Ima throw you out the goddam window

Lol yoooooooo muhphuckaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Knock knock

Who there's

FlipDog
Others ****wrslo

Lol peace pitches
Mbue

Lol cashbah

Navies lol peace

Last edited by a moderator:

Skrlx

Smash Champion
EHHHHH YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOO

MY MOTHA FUCJKASSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

whad up whad up botches

There's wasn't even an awning in their direction whhhhhahaaaatftt

Ima throw you out the goddam window

Lol yoooooooo muhphuckaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Knock knock

Who there's

FlipDog
Others ****wrslo

Lol peace pitches
Mbue

Lol cashbah

Navies lol peace

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
My mannnnnn

Cancer is no joke

Yo

Real talk tho

A moment of solvency for those with cancer

Man **** cancer

Rip

I'm totally sober rob ****
**** you

Yo comeovwr and play smash

Play son of a botch

Man **** you

Lol stably tho

Lol bye

Fly

-ktg

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
prick sedda

what **** do the mods have to deal with with respect to my post? something like, "oh man it's against the rules to talk about drinking!" ?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
prick sedda

what **** do the mods have to deal with with respect to my post? something like, "oh man it's against the rules to talk about drinking!" ?
Perhaps my point wasn't too obvious, but I meant "I'd rather people post on smashboards inebriated, even if they're often idiots, rather than driving".

There wasn't anything wrong with your post, lel, ease your pees.
But now you've made me realise Kero censor dodged.
#Infracted.

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
oh i wasn't agitated or offended or anything, was just curious and didn't understand your initial point

Top Bottom