• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I hate when you do favors for people willingly and later on when you need them they act like they don't know you. Also hate when people don't talk to you for ages then start talking to you because they want you to do something for them. PEOPLE SUCK.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Find better people. I know they're out there.
Maybe they're the ones with a few quirks you normally wouldn't like, but people with good intentions and morals are far and beyond better people to develop friendships with.

My transition from teenage to the twenty belt really hit me with that realisation. A decade+ of forcing "friendships" which are usually some sociopathic ego trip at their core (I really wonder how those people function in society these days [so much more mental effort playing pretend for them I guess/or they find like minded people]) can leave you dejected, but eh, its all part of life.
1333983693640.png

I couldn't help but take any opportunity that is even remotely related to post this
Theres different levels of infractions?
MORE THAN YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE!

Last edited:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
yo all jokes aside

im not really into video games but i heard final fantasy is mad sick

should i give it a try?

my friends been trying to get me to play kingdom hearts for like three years too lol

idk has anyone played either of these?

what did you think?

on a separate note, my bad for being inactive / NOT UPLOADING FTF YET

i got this new summer job catering and ive been hella busy lol

on another separate note that has to deal with the first separate note

we catered a barmitsfa (idk how the **** to spell barmitsfa) and holy **** it was ****ing dope

i was seriously considering converting to judaism after that ****

jews really know how to party

anyway

gotta go

appa needs me

cashbah suckers

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
yuck.

bar mitzvah

Basically that time of your life you always heard about leading up to that point where "all your dreams came true" and "all your rich jewish relative doctors and lawyers give you tons of money and don't even come to the party". In typical Jewish fashion, its usually some behind the door adult wallet-peen measuring contest (how little can I give while still being the #1 giver). At the child level, it was all about having a better bar/bat mitzvah party than everyone else had (god damn Jewish schools) or getting the most moolah (brag bragggggggggging)

In hindsight, spending like 6 months cramming Hebrew written without vowels (you ain't given no aaaaa, iiii, ehhhh or ooooooos, hard mode [not for scrubs who want 64 without L cancelling, obv]) for temporary monetary happiness goes to show you how one used to think as a teenager. Really a stark opposite of what the whole event is meant to be about.

Still, hands down, the best birthday parties you'll ever get to go to.

Last edited:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
kingdom hearts is one of those games i can sit down with and not get bored of (this extends to literally every kingdom hearts game, actually), so i would recommend it

some final fantasy games are really gripping, some are awful, hard to say if you'd like them (there are lots of animals dw)

Sedda

Smash Champion
I feel like the older FF games have aged better than 7,8,9. I just can't play those at all for some reason. I don't like any of the 13's either, so I'm hoping 15 is good (if it ever comes out). **** was announced EIGHT YEARS ago.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I've loved every FF game I've played. I would say 1-5 are kinda repetitive, although it gets better with the story starting from 4. I'm ashamed to say that I still need to finish some of them.

I think that 2D games age better in general, not only for FF.

Also I've detached myself from FF15. Firstly because waiting so long is boring, secondly because I don't want to be the kind to over-hype in advance without knowing anything (best way to get disappointed and cry against the franchise once again). And I'm already busy for a little while with lightning returns+FF10/10-2 REMASTER.

Shears

Smash Master
The only FF game I played was FF VI and it was really good. For RPGs I always preferred the Dragon Warrior games. I recommend any RPG fans picking up Chrono Trigger. It was one of the best I've ever played.

Annex

Smash Ace
Speaking of games, what indie/gba emulator/for-garbage-computers games do you guys recommend?
Old point and clicks like The Neverhood, Myst, and Monkey Island.
AoE2 on Voobly
Terraria (only if you have people to play it with)
Frog Fractions

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I've played ff7-ff10 and they were all great except I didn't like ff8 that much, the story got kinda confusing on disc 3. The best rpg I've ever played however is Chrono Cross, oddly enough I never played Chrono Trigger.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Persona 4 and The World Ends With You are my favourite RPGs, and I've played a bunch of the numbered FFs (haven't played 2,3,7 or any 13s haven't beaten 1,4 or 12), a few of the Tales games (nothing past Gamecube) plus the Atelier games (lol)

need to play some Dragon Quest at some point

mixa

Banned via Warnings
The neighbor whose kids I played with back in the day - the same kids who after all the hanging out together had the heart to steal some of my pokeyman cards, mind you - recently moved out. A few months later, even though the house looked as pastel as ever, from the street you could see through the second floor windows that the interior of the house sometimes had colorful lights and some purple curtains. The mom had rented the place to some lady pimp, and she had made this somewhat-veiled whorehouse out of it.
Business was booming for some time until one night while coming home I pass by and DA POLICE was arresting some ******* in da hood.

For whatever reason I remembered this today. It's been a while, though.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Chrono Trigger and Mother 3 are still my favorite, though I should replay the SNES FF's I've liked them.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i have some irrational and deep-rooted dislike of toriyama's art style being used in anything as 'slow-paced' as a turn-based JRPG

which is ridiculously ironic, given how much DBZ drags on, but still

PrestonK

Smash Cadet
Here's my recap of the University of Tokyo tournament I went to on May 18th:

Before the tournament, Jousuke referred me to Nanakyo (ななきょう), who was also going to the tournament and spoke a little English. He mentioned he was a kirby main and that he was rank 6 on the Japanese Online Ranking System (if you're unfamiliar with it, it's out of 7 ranks and 7 is the highest). He also said that Akagi, who is rank 6 too, would be going, but sadly he didn't end up coming. Since Nanakyo is a kirby main like me, he told me that the Japanese kirby's down smash and up smash are more powerful than the US version. We exchanged some more emails and because the hotel I was staying at was pretty close to the university, we decided to meet at my hotel in the morning (tournament started at 2:00pm) and head over to play some friendlies. He said he'd wear his 64 controller around his neck because that's how Japanese smashers distinguish themselves when meeting someone for the first time. So in front of my hotel, I met with Nanakyo and another 64 player, who is a good link main and had a Japanese name that I couldn't understand. They were both a 40 min train ride from the venue. We then walked to the subway, took it for one stop, and walked to the university.

Rules:
- Single Elimination
- Best of 1, except for Semis and Finals, which are Best of 3
- No Items
- Dreamland Only
- You lose a stock for pausing
- It ended up being 3 stocks for the first two rounds (due to time constraints), then 4 stocks for the rest of the tournament
- 200 yen venue fee and 200 yen to enter, which is about $4 total
- Bracket seeding was random (we picked our seed numbers from a hat)

There were 48 entrants and because of that, 3 brackets of 16 were made. The 3 winners of the brackets played Best of 3 matches between each other. Each bracket's finals were Best of 3 as well. There was one setup for 64 and another for melee, so every match was watched by everyone on the projector. That also meant I couldn't play as many friendlies as I wanted to. Most people spoke very little English, if any, but one guy understood quite a bit, so I stuck with him and Nanakyo. As we were lining up to pay entry fees, they told me that Prince just stepped in. As soon as I heard that, I knew this was going to be a lot of fun.

Results:
1. Prince :yoshi64: (played under an alt, won both Best of 3 matches against Peco6 and Jitax in "Grand Finals")
2. Peco6 :kirby64: (lost to Prince and won against Jitax in "GF")
3. Jitax :ness64: (lost to Prince and Peco6 in "GF")
T4. Kix :pikachu64:
T4. ?? :link64: (the good link main who came with Nanakyo)
T4. ?? :kirby64:

T13. Me :kirby64: (beat a fox first round and lost to a luigi second round)
T25. Nanakyo :kirby64: (lost first round to Jitax)

Bracket:
DSC_4732(s).jpg

Man, was it ever amazing to watch Prince play. In person, he's quiet and doesn't show too much emotion. Although his demeanor makes him seem very serious, you can tell he plays for fun and just loves playing the game. I believe he's from Tokyo, but I could be wrong. Also, after his win, they gave him the mic and although it was pretty obvious, he revealed he was playing under an alt and was actually Prince. Final thoughts? Prince is too much fun to watch, I enjoyed seeing ness and link get to top 6, and Japanese people are very nice. I recorded the top 6 matches from my camera, but it'll be a while before I get the chance to upload them.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
You're supposed to ask for permission before you upload the videos. :troll: Also, how do you alt in person? Do you wear a big hat and a big trench coat or something? Sheer needs to step up his alt game – his idol managed to alt in person all the way into GFs while he was forced by dictatordude to FESS UP.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
Just got the funniest image of Prince winning and jumping onto a table and unmasking himself while yelling "PRRRRRIIIIIINCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE":yoshi64::yoshi64::yoshi64::yoshi64::yoshi64::yoshi64::yoshi64::yoshi64::yoshi64::yoshi64::yoshi64::yoshi64::yoshi64::yoshi64::yoshi64::yoshi64:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
I recorded the top 6 matches from my camera, but it'll be a while before I get the chance to upload them.
This could be very, very bad if you did this without permission.

Only upload if no one's face is visible. Otherwise, upload it as a private video and seek permission from the people playing before making public

Last edited:

kys

Smash Ace
^ You STILL have Jousuke's **** rammed up your mouth?

I like RPG's where grinding isn't really necessary. FF9, Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross all rank high on my list for that reason, although there comes a point in Chrono Trigger where being under leveled will bite you in the ass for a bit.

yOLORIN

Smash Apprentice

Only upload if no one's face is visible. Otherwise, upload it as a private video and seek permission from the people playing before making public
are japanese people all closet nerds?

mixa

Banned via Warnings
So was everyone under an alt? No wonder I hadn't recognized anyone when I saw these brackets. I was thinking it was from another game altogether.

"Peco6". Ping Pong? lol

I don't think the alt thing was fooling anyone (that already knew him). At least to me, it seems a lot like when EC do alts in tournaments just because. Also, did he play red Yoshi?
オリヒム (Orihimu) seems like Orion + Merihimu.

By the way, the Danisen from May 18 (level 6) was uploaded on Youtube.

Last edited:

PrestonK

Smash Cadet
Cool post. Maybe the Link player was Hebiichigo. Also really cool you got to see prince play.
I might have recognized his name if it was Hebiichigo, but I could've heard incorrectly. If it helps, he said he's in high school and has been playing for about four years.

Nobody's face is visible and I was pretty blatantly recording the screen so they probably saw me, but I just asked them now so we'll see what they say.
So was everyone under an alt? No wonder I hadn't recognized anyone when I saw these brackets. I was thinking it was from another game altogether.

"Peco6". Ping Pong? lol

I don't think the alt thing was fooling anyone (that already knew him). At least to me, it seems a lot like when EC do alts in tournaments just because. Also, did he play red Yoshi?
オリヒム (Orihimu) seems like Orion + Merihimu.
Not sure if many of them were under alts because I don't think there were many big names.

Don't think Peco6 was an alt either because this is his twitter account: https://twitter.com/Peco6_sma

Most people already knew him so he was just doing it for the hell of it. And ya, he played his red yoshi for the whole tournament.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
i've been informed i'm not allowed to join emmi's elite skype group that consists of all reputable aussie players

i trash talked emmi on reddit, and that seemed to invoke the wrath of the 70 angsty teens all trying to get into emmis imaginary lady parts

i really wanted to practise for japan as well (90% confirmed we will play in hokkaido june some time!)

IN OTHER NEWS

an aussie melee player who is pre big called redact is gonna host some massive tourney. like mango/armada/works. wants to get 64 involved. i've been inactive the past 2 years as i was working full time as a store manager (think like 60 hours a week) but recently quit due to other things. moral is i have free time and more importantly money, so was keen to see if anyone would be keen to come down to aus for the tourney. obvs was thinking isai myself and i could fund a lot of it. redact is going to be doing some general fundraising too, but for now we just need expressions of interest. if we can make 64 a main event it would be awesome. he's getting onto me/aa/emmi about it so between us we should be right.

missed all of you guys heaps and heaps

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
where does the gman fall in all of this mess? I'd like to know the status of his world dominance please.

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
an aussie melee player who is pre big called redact is gonna host some massive tourney. like mango/armada/works. wants to get 64 involved. i've been inactive the past 2 years as i was working full time as a store manager (think like 60 hours a week) but recently quit due to other things. moral is i have free time and more importantly money, so was keen to see if anyone would be keen to come down to aus for the tourney. obvs was thinking isai myself and i could fund a lot of it. redact is going to be doing some general fundraising too, but for now we just need expressions of interest. if we can make 64 a main event it would be awesome. he's getting onto me/aa/emmi about it so between us we should be right.

missed all of you guys heaps and heaps
dates?

Top Bottom