• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
still not in

in bigger news aa has improved slightly since playing him 2 years ago

his improvement is glaciel, but it's there.

i'm heading up in june 14, i am not sure specifically when we will be in hokkaido exactly, but i will keep you updated

mixa

Banned via Warnings
i trash talked emmi on reddit, and that seemed to invoke the wrath of the 70 angsty teens all trying to get into emmis imaginary lady parts
I only saw one person. Using a 9-hour old account. Kinda full of rage.

I thought Dsc was a Battlecow fake? edit: I don't mean to imply that person was Dsc, lol. I'm guessing he kept his Bcow avatar from that day everyone used a Bcow avatar.

Last edited:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
well, if emmi doesnt go to apex she'll never hear the end of it from me

my personal bet is that she loses in pools to queero

I did not know there were that many players in au. what's with all the hate =(

where's tacos? where's the luv
some of the newer players are just cocky and dont know the meaning of luv

i think one of them initially got me banned from the skype group because i had too much of a 'smashboards mentality'

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
some of the newer players are just cocky and dont know the meaning of luv
i recently joined my local fb group smash thing, and there's a guy with a legit god-complex. kero's got nothing on him

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Alright mother lickers.

I've decided in honor of my idol Prince that I will alt if I go to another Apex. This time I won't tell the TOs for proper seeding.

Just keep that in the back of your mind when Apex 2015 brackets come out. Randomnoob25 may end up being a little harder than you think.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Alright mother lickers.

I've decided in honor of my idol Prince that I will alt if I go to another Apex. This time I won't tell the TOs for proper seeding.

Just keep that in the back of your mind when Apex 2015 brackets come out. Randomnoob25 may end up being a little harder than you think.
use Emmi Zhang :happysheep:

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Alright mother lickers.

What's the point of using an alt in real life especially if everyone knows what you look like? Like someone else said earlier, are you gonna wear a paper bag over your head or something?

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Well, the only way I see using an alt to ever be useful is if no one has ever seen your face before.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Who cares if people know what I look like?

You don't register at the door so it's not like they can catch and stop me.

Alting is just about getting a more exciting bracket instead of noobs the first two rounds. Which can be achieved rather easily with the anonymous pre-registration system.

Plus when I show up on Friday and people realize Sheer is here but not on the registration list that should put a little excitement in the air.

Bring on the KB subhumans. One down 2 more to go. Though I doubt Bane ever shows to a tourney.

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
didn't this happen last year? sheer talks about the marvels of alting and then doesn't alt

if one guy alting adds excitement, how about two guys? seeding is random anyway so it not like it matters

SheerMadness

Smash Master
ACTUALLY mixa I alted for Apex 2013. Except I pm'ed the TOs and told them so I'd be properly seeded and people like battlecattle wouldn't whine about having to play me round 1.

A week before Apex Nintendude changed his mind and told me he was going to out me and change my alias to SheerMadness.

So no, I'm not all talk. I just tried to be fair the 1st time I tried and was burned for it. Next time it'll be no mercy.

Ceasar

Banned via Warnings
ACTUALLY mixa I alted for Apex 2013. Except I pm'ed the TOs and told them so I'd be properly seeded and people like battlecattle wouldn't whine about having to play me round 1.

A week before Apex Nintendude changed his mind and told me he was going to out me and change my alias to SheerMadness.

So no, I'm not all talk. I just tried to be fair the 1st time I tried and was burned for it. Next time it'll be no mercy.
I think it would have been more interesting if you didn't tell anyone you were planning on going under an alias; no one would have known prior to Apex (maybe even during Apex) and would make Apex more of a surprise for some, if not, everyone. Nevertheless, people are more likely to expect the unexpected now.

EDIT: Madrush beat me to it (lol).

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings

i like you being fair since the problem with alting is messing up the seeding (which is random in japan so prince can do whatever he wants)
but i guess nintendude wants you to do it the hard way =(

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
[3:46:42 AM] KnitePhox: AND SO LET IT BE KNOWN
[3:46:46 AM] KnitePhox: THIS DAY
[3:46:53 AM] KnitePhox: MAY 23 2014
[3:47:01 AM] KnitePhox: KNITEPHOX defeated
[3:47:16 AM] KnitePhox: RICK-FREE HIP-FREE and UMBRA-FREE
[3:47:22 AM] KnitePhox: in a 3v1 on DREAMLAND
[3:47:29 AM] KnitePhox: SO LET IT BE KNOWN
[3:47:30 AM] KnitePhox: PWNED.

pika vs link falcon fox

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
the problem comes when you consider MOST tournaments are not winner take all + single elim, aka bracket manipulation ETC

you may not want to win if you have to play someone next that you know can beat you, lose to whoever you're playing and get higher up in placement AND HENCE $

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
you may not want to win if you have to play someone next that you know can beat you
going to losers on purpose? that never made sense to me. is there any example of this in smash, or, if we look at the apex14 or any other 64 tournament bracket, can we find such a thing? i mean, i'm just looking at the apex14 pools here, and i don't see how anyone would benefit from losing on purpose as to avoid losing to, say, isai on the next round.
i need examples

and i don't know if it's legal, but I see no problem in this type of bracket manipulation

Sedda

Smash Champion
going to losers on purpose? that never made sense to me. is there any example of this in smash, or, if we look at the apex14 or any other 64 tournament bracket, can we find such a thing? i mean, i'm just looking at the apex14 pools here, and i don't see how anyone would benefit from losing on purpose as to avoid losing to, say, isai on the next round.
i need examples

and i don't know if it's legal, but I see no problem in this type of bracket manipulation
there's that one tourney where chillin lost to have chu dat face m2k and that way they could split against him xD

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
lol, whenever i read those things, i picture those bracket advancements that were depicted in the documentary, but now with a "buddy-buddy collusion", "split" attached to them.

but yeah, i was assuming players are on their own

Top Bottom