• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
If you're referring to the process of making a TAS, it's very easy if you have the tools and knowledge

The difficulty comes in the actual TASing: patience, efficiency, optimizing, etc etc

SSBPete

Smash Lord
ofc the swedish smasher are TAS. Just because antdgar say he didnt tas them? what a horrible evidence concider that its he who most likely tas them lol.
Olikus, you're an idiot. When Ricky says his combos arnt TAS, do you believe him?
This community is based on trust, I doubt someone as respected as antd would blatantly lie for absolutely no benefit.

I'm completely convinced these guys are real, however I'm pretty sure they intentionally limit their spacing and unpredictability on their tech rolls for the raw entertainment.

It's not hard to set up huge combos like that if the other player let's you. They clearly don't DI whilst being combo'd but DI as soon as they're near a ledge, which looks really cool.

The Swedish matches are great fun to watch and learn from and now we have more evidence they are legit.

I'm a happy Pete. :happysheep:

The Star King

Smash Hero
Do any of you guys realize how much time and energy would have to go into TASing 40-50 full matches?

Top TASers like Ricky and Tambor have both mentioned how difficult and time-consuming it is to TAS a match between two "human"-controlled characters and even then they're just 3-stock matches. There are also several half-finished TASs on YouTube now because the authors didn't have enough time or creativity to finish them.

etc.
We already crushed the people who said it was TAS or whatever last time we argued about it, so they backtracked and started saying that they let themselves be combo'd by each other which is more plausible I guess. They DO look really weird so I wouldn't be surprised if they were scripted.

But yeah, people thinking that antdgar spent hundreds of hours making sub-par TASes to fool us for no particular reason... people amaze me lol

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i overlooked you because you're in showbiz and starlets need their energy fix \o/

i also missed olikus's post and don't care to address it because it's terrible

if greek food includes fried cheese, then yay

i ****ing love fried cheese

SSBPete

Smash Lord
On topic, why is Greek food so good!
I kid you not, at any given time there is a large portion of cooked lamb in my house.

And Greek cheese, dips, breads, cakes and more.

I ****ing love my life.

For those that don't know, my mum is Greek and dad Cypriot.

By the way TANK, you HAVE to watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWdUcx0lgz0
It explains the difference between Wogs and Aussies.

:phone:

TANK64

Smash Lord
lmao that **** is too funny!

and dude, I have a Greek dish for tomorrow in the fridge, and I just can't wait for it to be tomorrow already so I can eat it lol. Gyros all DAI.

kys

Smash Ace
Who cares if they're real or fake?

In regards to the "smashcluster****", I knew you could z-cancel Link's dair about a month after the game came out. I would always try to shield as I was landing, and voila, no lag. But I thought that was the only move you could do it with because I was dumb. It led to me spamming dair with Link, a very effective noob strategy.

Food is great. It's the only thing that motivates me to work out. I don't want battlecow and TANK to hate me.

Špade

Smash Rookie
We are a new group....looking foward to future smash events. Any input is noted...

TANK64

Smash Lord
I've heard about this new GANG. Y'all should wear leather jackets.

Maybe I should start a rival crew and order my goons around to beat up peeps :cool:.

Also, wtf @ waiting for games on galaxy.

>75,827people Idle
>Host a game
>wait hopelessly

>no one joins

Food is great. It's the only thing that motivates me to work out. I don't want battlecow and TANK to hate me.
lol :awesome: .
I could never hate you <3 .

Sangoku

Smash Master
TASing matches is indeed very very long. No doubt AntD was one of the most experienced TASer though. I don't really know how long it would take him to make one match, but making 30-40 seems highly improbable.

I don't know if there is a better process, but I think the way to go is to have an idea of what one character is going to do. Then, since you can't have the other one standing still, you need to find some "fillers", as in moves looking natural (like spacing stuff) while in fact bringing that character in the right position for the first character to combo. I personally have a first passage in which I write down what actions one character does at what frame. Then I replay, input the buttons at the right time and see what I can do with the other character. I write down his inputs too, and so on. I can't think at the same time of what two players would do lol. Maybe if AntD can, that might change things...
Doubt this post will raise the interest of anyone

serge

Banned via Warnings
Im not blaming you but i mean crew battles wont happen unless people actually make crews/clans/groups or whatever u want to call them and have some kind of dedication to them. Crew battles only take a day to complete since its just 4 people from each clan that needs to be on.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I would like to re-inform you all that iXi is a Clubhouse, not a clan.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Out of interest, what are the greatest sporting moments from other countries?

Australia's is probably Steve Waugh's final match (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKKVFAe5ZHg) with honourary mentions going to Cathy Freeman in the 400m, The Socceroo's against Uraguay and Warne's hat trick.
there's only one answer to this question:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYscemhnf88

The Star King

Smash Hero
Speaking of the Soviet Union, the other day I was looking up some old but ballin RUSSIAN CARTOONS from my childhood just for some nostalgia.

But what I thought were cartoons from the time of my childhood, after the USSR collapsed, actually turned out to be Soviet-era cartoons

OK I guess *shrug*

Top Bottom