• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

The Star King

Smash Hero
You, um, didn't fall far. Well maybe you did. IDK.

Let's switch (to possibly related) topics. When, approximately, did you start and stop posting in the Debate Hall? And when was your "peak"?

TANK64

Smash Lord
Just figured out I can't drink coffee for 3 days...

FML

Preworkout FTL

On topic, DMoogle and SK use to drive me UP THE WALL with their posts.

They're both chill now.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
You, um, didn't fall far. Well maybe you did. IDK.

Let's switch (to possibly related) topics. When, approximately, did you start and stop posting in the Debate Hall? And when was your "peak"?
First Debate Hall / Proving Grounds post: 10-06-2010
Last Debate Hall / Proving Grounds post: 08-23-2011

peak is probably around Spring 2011

The Star King

Smash Hero
Spring 2011. I knew it. I want to say April specifically.

You, um, didn't contain your arguing to the Debate Hall. I'll leave it at that.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Star King says I'm his favorite poster: 02-19-2011 - right in the middle of when I was active in the Debate Hall though

we should now begin an epic argument about whether I'm argumentative

I just looked in a mirror and realized that I had had a glob of peanut butter on my chin for the past 2 hours. I hate when that happens.

The Star King

Smash Hero
You got into like 20 arguments in the month of April lol, most of the irrelevant. That's when it was most extreme, and when I noticed.

You're better now though

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I know I'm argumentative btw lol

And here all this time I thought it was rehashing old jokes that made you hate on me. Even though only the forum historian would remember that I had made the joke before.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
in that "best gif ever" watch the guy on the left. it looks like he's about to do something super inappropriate.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
i have to test my model bridge for uni this morning

last year some dudes carried 2000 times its own weight. 3 people could stand on it

it has to be made of paddle pop sticks and pva glue

:phone:

RickySSB

Smash Ace
In a tourney...... Why everybody goes with Pika/Falcon/Fox?
It makes the tourney so boooring. I wanna see Luigi or a Yoshi.
Im gonna keep dreaming.

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
For me personally, Fox is my best and favorite character. I have the most fun when I play Fox. My number two is luigi though, and I don't mind playing him.

TANK64

Smash Lord
sooooooooooooo predictable. I knew you would bring up the enamel thing xDDD. People trip about losing enamel all the time. My teeth will be fine lol.

Fine. Reps reimbursed.

Punk.

TANK64

Smash Lord
It's just gotten to the point that where everything is claimed as a threat to your enamel. Yea, everything degrades, but how bad?/to what point do we start caring. Enamel is more resilient than people think.

I also think the same thing happened with the "everything causes cancer" thing. Now peeps are so over saturated with everything causing cancer that real carcinogens/studies on them are payed little attention lol. With maybe cigarettes and the sun being the major ones people accept as true (for lung/skin cancer).

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
well actually, i suppose coffee isn't terrible for your teeth, assuming you drink it black (like all real men do)

it's the sugar and **** that really wreaks havoc in your system

that said, i do enjoy the taste of black coffee since it has that "bite" to it, a unique-tasting sensation

i just try to limit my consumption to when i feel like i actually need it, or just every so often. i'm not at the point where i'm addicted to it, so i can go long periods without withdrawal

TANK64

Smash Lord
Yea sugar is pretty much the devil.

That being said, I like my coffee like I like my women: all-ways.

But have been drinking it without sugar for a while now to be HEALTHY.

Speaking about be unhealthy. I'm gonna start taking a really bad preworkout (Jack3d), and am gonna stop drinking coffee for a bit, to help reset my receptors (Messed up from all my coffee xD ). So we'll see if I have a liver/kidneys in a month.

Also on topic, what's you're opinion of Angry Orchard? I've been having a lot recently (hehe). It's pretty good, but past the first glass may be too sweet xD.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Haven't actually had any! Only dabbled a bit in cider when my girlfriend got a few things like ACE or Crispin, so I'm hardly an expert at all. It is damn tasty, but I feel girly for drinking it. :awesome:

I might grab some next time, since the place I normally go to has a few fridges worth of the stuff and appears to be quite an extensive selection.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Yea sugar is pretty much the devil.
Sugar got nothing on trans fat. Also excessive sugar is bad, sure, but excessive anything is bad.

Speaking about be unhealthy. I'm gonna start taking a really bad preworkout (Jack3d), and am gonna stop drinking coffee for a bit, to help reset my receptors (Messed up from all my coffee xD ). So we'll see if I have a liver/kidneys in a month.
Isn't Jack3d basically just caffeine anyway? I don't see what the difference will be?

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
On topic, DMoogle and SK use to drive me UP THE WALL with their posts.

They're both chill now.
the only person who used to send me up the wall with their posts was battlecow's 'patriotic/every other country sucks' ones. then one day i woke up and found them all hilarious for some reason and life was great

i also don't understand why everyone's favourite poster hasn't always been MATTS! everything he says is gold

The Star King

Smash Hero
the only person who used to send me up the wall with their posts was battlecow's 'patriotic/every other country sucks' ones. then one day i woke up and found them all hilarious for some reason and life was great
Yeah, still kind of in the "annoyed" phase, though as much as I used to be. Guess I got desensitized.

The worst was when he said taste in music isn't subjective (with the implication that his tastes are objectively superior - pretty much arrogance incarnate to me). I try not to think about that. Oh well, at least aa saved the day with his legendary "Battlecow is an objectively bad person" retort.

i also don't understand why everyone's favourite poster hasn't always been MATTS! everything he says is gold
T.H.I.S.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Sugar got nothing on trans fat. Also excessive sugar is bad, sure, but excessive anything is bad.

Nothing comes to mind that disagrees with this statement.

Isn't Jack3d basically just caffeine anyway? I don't see what the difference will be?
Um.. No lol.

I would say the Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate, Beta Alanine, and 1,3-Dimethylamylamine HCL (DMAA) are the key ingredients to it's "amphetamine like effect." It also has Creatine Monohydrate and Caffeine which I thought was weird (together lol), but I'm using this more for focus (not as a creatine supplement) so I'm not too concerned. Also, the reason I stopped drinking coffee is to reset my neurotransmitters sensitivity (desensitized from all the caffeine) so I can get the most out of this preworkout. Obviously caffeine alone wasn't enough for me before, so I need more- something STONG- that might give me a heart attack :awesome:. Jack3d was the clear choice.

I'm sure the caffeine will help give most people additional ... hype.

Wonder how long it will be until the FDA officially pulls Jack off all shelves permanently. ;__;Better stock up! lol
jk
but seriously.

But seriously, anything you have to cycle can't be good for your organs lol.

Might go cold turkey on coffee for a whole week before starting D: Then down to a cup a day.

I'll give you an update on how it works. All supplements look great on paper...

TANK64

Smash Lord
I want the other ingredients lol. Every preworkout is going to have caffeine. I'm sure it will help (100mg per scoop) I always feel great after caffeine. But I guarantee you that the DMAA is going to give make the difference. The other ingredients look great too. I know what the effects of caffeine feel like lol, and if it is just that, I will know. TANK ain't gonna get placebo'd :cool: .

I'm only stopping coffee from 96hours-a week. Oh, and caffeine affects your reaction to other stimulants too btw (not saying you don't know, just saying).

asianaussie

Smash Hero
@ballin you can never have enough antioxidants :awesome:

i had nothing much in the way of carbs in the kitchen for breakfast, so i beat some (read: a lot of) honey mustard sauce and shredded cheese into an egg and ate it as an omelette

it was freaking glorious, why haven't I done this before

asianaussie

Smash Hero
when i said carbs i mean it in the layperson language: starchy foods like breads, rice, pastas

if you're going to interpret it as anything with carbohydrates in it period then you're clearly just being difficult

my favourite omelettes usually involve lots and lots of bacon bits

not really an omelette anymore though

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I wanna see tank on a central nervous system depressant like valium or something.

I can't even imagine chillax non energized tank.

Every time we play tank tells me how he can't talk while he plays..

And every single match he's talking to me literally the entire match lol.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
every time i go to the dentist, they always, and i mean always, tell me not to put sugar in my coffee

apparently a packet of sugar in your daily cup of coffee will maul your teeth left and right

as for me, i can't even tell the difference between black coffee and coffee with five packets of sugar poured in. i suppose that's a good thing

ballin4life

Smash Hero
when i said carbs i mean it in the layperson language: starchy foods like breads, rice, pastas

if you're going to interpret it as anything with carbohydrates in it period then you're clearly just being difficult
i'm really confused ... your first post made it sound like you wanted to eat some carbs but then decided to eat an omelette with cheese and honey mustard sauce, and that sounds like it has very few carbs in it.

i guess you meant you usually eat carbs but ran out so decided to eat something that didn't have many carbs in it?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i misinterpreted it, my bad

usually eat cereal and stuff but there wasn't any, so i decided to use what i had

your posts usually involve a call-out on misinformation so i guess i was just overreacting \o/

TANK64

Smash Lord
Pro edit by ballin'. *golf clap*

Also, Greek Omelettes ftw.

Haven't actually had any! Only dabbled a bit in cider when my girlfriend got a few things like ACE or Crispin, so I'm hardly an expert at all. It is damn tasty, but I feel girly for drinking it. :awesome:
Yea, it's soooo tasty, but apparently I'm like the only dude who doesn't mind sweet drinks also. It's like, if it's slightly sweat= "girl drink" >___> It's all good though, seems like you have a versatile palate, so I'm sure it'll be fine. Just not a main course type of thing xD.

I wanna see tank on a central nervous system depressant like valium or something.

I can't even imagine chillax non energized tank.

Every time we play tank tells me how he can't talk while he plays..

And every single match he's talking to me literally the entire match lol.
lol

IDK, I just like talking to you <3

Sounds like TANK is hitting the 2016 mindgames.

:phone:
I swear- social thread has so much sig potential everyday.

Top Bottom