• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
It really is a legitimate strategy to talk while you're playing with someone, breaks their concentration and makes them more likely to make a mistake.

Something my brothers always did to me, I'd be playing a game by myself and then they come in and be like "Don't mess up! :troll:"

And then I messed up and died.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Yea, it's soooo tasty, but apparently I'm like the only dude who doesn't mind sweet drinks also. It's like, if it's slightly sweat= "girl drink" >___> It's all good though, seems like you have a versatile palate, so I'm sure it'll be fine. Just not a main course type of thing xD.
well it's a stupid social stigma that there are manly drinks and girly drinks, so i suppose that's more what i meant. i am confident enough in my sexuality to drink lemonade and cider! and enjoy them, goddammit!

yellow teeth
so i was wrong
so very wrong

The worst thing about coffee (caffeine) is the fact that it's a diuretic.

I'm not sure if I have a small bladder or just hate the uncomfortable feeling of holding in piss, but coffee just obliterates my urinary system. I can barely make it through a 50 minute class and end up having to go multiple times over the course of the hour following my one cup o' joe. Made the mistake of thinking I could manage a 75 minute class and almost died.

I do feel oddly "cleansed" after, though!

The Star King

Smash Hero
It's like, if it's slightly sweat= "girl drink" >___>
well it's a stupid social stigma that there are manly drinks and girly drinks, so i suppose that's more what i meant. i am confident enough in my sexuality to drink lemonade and cider! and enjoy them, goddammit!
Wha? What planet are you people from?

It really is a legitimate strategy to talk while you're playing with someone, breaks their concentration and makes them more likely to make a mistake.

Something my brothers always did to me, I'd be playing a game by myself and then they come in and be like "Don't mess up! :troll:"

And then I messed up and died.
Not if you're a FOCUS PRO

I didn't know you can have Cyrillic letters in your username lol. Definitely gonna read your name as "Yagnarok"

Channighan

Smash Ace
I love doing that to people. Just lol worthy. Like in Melee.

Me: DON'T ROLL
-friend rolls and pays for it-

Or Marvel
I'M GOING TO DOWN EXCHANGE ON PHOENIX (if you play Phoenix always mash to prevent the side exchange.)

-friend doesn't guard the side exchange and can't go dark.-

Yeah apparently sweet drinks make you "gay". Because having normal taste buds = wrong in 'MERICA.

:phone:

Peek~

Smash Lord

Channighan

Smash Ace
It's surprising how he's so good and that's almost the ONLY team he uses. I'm like, he called in Ammy during the combo? Probably gonna up exchange.
-up exchanges-

Damn I'm good.

TANK64

Smash Lord
You'll understand when you get to middle school...

Oh, and it's called Planet America btw.

I have this one group of friends that will sporadically say "woop wopp swag" if someone does something swag worthy like open the lock to their apartment.
lmao!! xD

EDIT: So timeline is officially reversible for anyone at anytime. Take that "Everyone-will-have-timeline-eventually" people!! :p

I win.

The Star King

Smash Hero
you'll understand more when you get to college
So you're saying when people get to college they become such pretentious buttfaces they assign femininity to an effing drink taste? Oh lawd

Update your language pack noob :cool:
WOW. I have had the language installed for years you piece of junk. Unbelievable, I was just told to get Russian ._. The backwards R is a Cyrillic "ya" (no English equivalent but as close you will get), so that's what I was talking about. And while we're on the subject, Ragnarok doesn't have a c (unless you're referencing the couple of really obscure things Wikipedia comes up with for Ragnarock). This is the end of days we're talking about, not a mystical boulder from Narnia or some ****

P.S. I had a great conversation in my English class about what silly insults to use in this post, and I settled on "buttface" and "piece of junk".

Excerpt:
"Uh, buttface? What's with these fourth-grade insults?"
"That's how I roll."
"So you spend your time putting down 9-year olds?"
"No, Mads. Well, yes, but I'm dissing college students this time."
"..."

Pretty sure I was being judged despite the playing along, but idgaf in my current state of mind.

"Pretentious punks" was a strong contender for the alliteration, as was "chump" and "bozo".

http://www.justin.tv/kingfunk streaming with Bear, Mahie and BATTLECOW!!!!!!!!
Please beat up the flopmerican. 'Cause obviously if Cattlecow is defeated by King Junk then according to Inui logic Gio is better than Battlecow :troll:

I'm out. Naptime S.W.A.G. Pre-schoolers are the homies. Shout-outs to aa

kys

Smash Ace
You can usually circumvent most of the ridicule of drinking "girly drinks" by owning up to it and being all like, "Your point?"

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
So you're saying when people get to college they become such pretentious buttfaces they assign femininity to an effing drink taste? Oh lawd
go to a cliche college party with a mike's hard and you'll understand full well what i mean

but yes, if you have the balls to do as kys says, they'll lay off, but still judge you behind your back and you'll be "that guy with the ***** drink"

hell, order a blue moon at a bar and somebody's bound to make a comment

ballin4life

Smash Hero
The worst thing about coffee (caffeine) is the fact that it's a diuretic.
It's a really mild diuretic though if I remember right. So placebo effect?

I have noticed that coffee seems to upset my stomach though so who am I to talk.

you'll understand more when you get to college
Semp I was going to say the same thing word for word lol

yeah pretty much. it's non-legit. and they continue to do it forever.

it's really quite strange when you consider that no one does it for soft drinks. also it seems like the people who judge sweet drinks the harshest are NEVER drinking neat anyway. instead they sit there with a jack/coke and judge people that order a fruit-based drink. BRO you're drinking mixed also!

go to a cliche college party with a mike's hard and you'll understand full well what i mean
haha this is so true

hell, order a blue moon at a bar and somebody's bound to make a comment
wait, blue moon is girly?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I think its like ppl get talked **** to if they drink fuity drinks, so they feel like they should talk **** to ppl too. Its a sad cycle. I usually just say **** u my drink taste better suck it. Also the ppl that say **** usually aren't that manly so they shut the **** up

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
It's a really mild diuretic though if I remember right. So placebo effect?

I have noticed that coffee seems to upset my stomach though so who am I to talk
I don't know. It hits me hard. I'll wake up, have nothing to drink but a single cup of coffee, and I'm peeing for the next two hours in 15-minute intervals. It's really not fun, and I'm beyond flabbergasted that I had that much waste fluid in my body to begin with. I don't think it's a placebo effect for me, since whenever I have anything caffeine related, I'll start pissing, and I'll wonder why the hell this is happening and, oh, right, I had that chocolate bar or Coke an hour ago. I've heard it's possible to build up a tolerance to it, but I've no interest in doing that.

If I drink too much of it, like one of them grande ****s, I'll get the ****s myself too. Even less fun than peeing.

it's really quite strange when you consider that no one does it for soft drinks. also it seems like the people who judge sweet drinks the harshest are NEVER drinking neat anyway. instead they sit there with a jack/coke and judge people that order a fruit-based drink. BRO you're drinking mixed also!
Often, in a typical college scenario, alcohol and testosterone go hand in hand, so that's why you get all those BRO shenanigans. Nobody cares about soft-drinks, unless they've got alcohol in 'em! I guess it's more manly to punish rather than enjoy yourself?

wait, blue moon is girly?
It is, compared to other beers. I suppose on the girly scale, it's still above a Mike's. It's because it's a "***** beer", according to my research. My underage friend once went to a bar and somebody offered to buy him a beer, bought him a Blue Moon, and later the bartender (a girl), made fun of him for it.

I think its like ppl get talked **** to if they drink fuity drinks, so they feel like they should talk **** to ppl too. Its a sad cycle. I usually just say **** u my drink taste better suck it. Also the ppl that say **** usually aren't that manly so they shut the **** up
damn straight, bro

The people that cause problems and accuse others of being girly often aren't the brightest bulbs and you get into that typical bro-fest oozing testosterone, constantly egging each other on, and it usually ends up in somebody going to the hospital. Not the crowd I'd associate myself with, so I can drink my Framboise Lambic in peace.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.

WOW. I have had the language installed for years you piece of junk. Unbelievable, I was just told to get Russian ._. The backwards R is a Cyrillic "ya" (no English equivalent but as close you will get), so that's what I was talking about. And while we're on the subject, Ragnarok doesn't have a c (unless you're referencing the couple of really obscure things Wikipedia comes up with for Ragnarock). This is the end of days we're talking about, not a mystical boulder from Narnia or some ****

P.S. I had a great conversation in my English class about what silly insults to use in this post, and I settled on "buttface" and "piece of junk".

Excerpt:
"Uh, buttface? What's with these fourth-grade insults?"
"That's how I roll."
"So you spend your time putting down 9-year olds?"
"No, Mads. Well, yes, but I'm dissing college students this time."
"..."

Pretty sure I was being judged despite the playing along, but idgaf in my current state of mind.

"Pretentious punks" was a strong contender for the alliteration, as was "chump" and "bozo".
Star King I love this post more than you can imagine. It's just a homage to Rockman which I was gonna use Rockman themed avatars but I like my avatar too much right now to change it.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I don't know. It hits me hard. I'll wake up, have nothing to drink but a single cup of coffee, and I'm peeing for the next two hours in 15-minute intervals. It's really not fun, and I'm beyond flabbergasted that I had that much waste fluid in my body to begin with. I don't think it's a placebo effect for me, since whenever I have anything caffeine related, I'll start pissing, and I'll wonder why the hell this is happening and, oh, right, I had that chocolate bar or Coke an hour ago. I've heard it's possible to build up a tolerance to it, but I've no interest in doing that.
Time for a blind test where you either drink normal coffee or decaf without knowing which? Science demands it!

It is, compared to other beers. I suppose on the girly scale, it's still above a Mike's. It's because it's a "***** beer", according to my research. My underage friend once went to a bar and somebody offered to buy him a beer, bought him a Blue Moon, and later the bartender (a girl), made fun of him for it.
I've never heard this before. I don't see what's different about blue moon compared to anything else. People I know think it's better/classier than most of the standard brands.

Top Bottom