• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Time for a blind test where you either drink normal coffee or decaf without knowing which? Science demands it!
This has been happening to me even before I knew what a diuretic was. I would always be like, "damn, coffee is a lot like beer, gotta go all the time". Eventually connected the dots. Maybe my bladder is just more susceptible to it. Beer is even worse, though, because I consume more of it in one sitting than coffee. But I usually don't go to class after beer, so having to go all the time isn't that bad if the bathroom is a couple doors down.

I've never heard this before. I don't see what's different about blue moon compared to anything else. People I know think it's better/classier than most of the standard brands.
I guess it's because it's a wheat beer, so it doesn't really have high amounts of your typical manly man ingredients like hops and malts.

This is pretty funny: http://www.metrowize.com/beer-guide

Don't take it too seriously folks. Kinda goes in the order I mentioned. Personally, I'm not a fan of wheat beers; I just don't like the orangey apricot taste. Now hefeweizens on the other hand, still considered a wheat beer, taste much better to me, and instead of the ultra wheat taste, it's more of banana and spices, which give it the "bite" that traditional witbiers lack. As far as I know, these aren't considered "girly", but that's because nobody can pronounce it probably. :awesome:

SSBPete

Smash Lord
its similar in aus, we make fun of people for drinking girly drinks, but no one actually gives a ****

you get called a f@g for drinking a girly drink but you also get called a f@g for having a girlfriend

oh and i agree with ballin. i hate when people think they're so manly for drinking scotch and coke. its not even scotch!
:phone:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
cruisers are the best and anyone who disagrees is a pretentious lout or a bogan :cool:

i feel like i would become super addicted to classic fighter games if ever i gave them a chance

for the record, i spend way too much time in training mode on traditional fighters, so when you scale that using a me to pete 64 training mode scale, you will spend approximately four hundred years in training mode per character

ballin4life

Smash Hero
its similar in aus, we make fun of people for drinking girly drinks, but no one actually gives a ****

you get called a f@g for drinking a girly drink buy you also get called a f@g for having a girlfriend

oh and i agree with ballin. i hate when people think they're so manly for drinking scotch and coke. its not even scotch!
especially since coke is often sweeter than fruit juice.

i wouldn't know though since i always drink diet. after all sugar is the devil (aspartame A-OK though!)

ballin4life

Smash Hero
lol good one. i've always thought that cane sugar or fruit sugar are the "safest" as they occur more naturally than man-made aspartame(and/or other FAKE sweeteners) and thus easier to break down or process by one's body.

GOOGLE ASPARTAME ARTICLE

**** high fructose corn syrup too
Yeah but I'd still rather have aspartame than sugar cuz no calories! Give me sucralose over aspartame any day though (or better yet stevia or no sweeteners at all).

Also idk if I trust that article. Wikipedia appears to debunk the aspartate claims: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspartame_controversy#Safety_and_health_effects
(I skimmed both though so forgive me if I'm mistaken)

Also HFCS is basically the same as sugar health-wise. For more: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/re...t-it-is-and-what-it-aint-research-review.html

for the record, i spend way too much time in training mode on traditional fighters, so when you scale that using a me to pete 64 training mode scale, you will spend approximately four hundred years in training mode per character
This makes me think that all traditional fighters are nothing other than flawless execution and little about opponent the opponents options. Hope, I'm wrong.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i can't tell if you're serious or not, and the Always Serious title doesn't help

context: i don't use 64 training mode at all, pete uses it very frequently, and i was quite obviously using hyperbole there

you are most definitely wrong, by the way

The Star King

Smash Hero
This makes me think that all traditional fighters are nothing other than flawless execution and little about opponent the opponents options. Hope, I'm wrong.
You came to this conclusion from aa saying that he spends more time in traditional fighters' training modes than in Smash?

Olikus

Smash Champion
star king you allways had such cool avatars. When you gonna stop have this bad one, and get a new cool one?

M!nt

Smash Champion
He should go ahead and get his pony avatar since he has already been revealed :troll:

TANK64

Smash Lord
when i worked at dunkin donuts and we were all out of regular iced coffee, we literally just used decaf instead and the people couldn't tell the difference.

so yeah unless your career in life is to test coffee like franklin, you ain't gonna know **** lol
lol yea xD. Most people's palate/observations are disturbingly useless in general. Like how are you not going to notice a decaf xD.

you get called a f@g for drinking a girly drink but you also get called a f@g for having a girlfriend

qft

especially since coke is often sweeter than fruit juice.

i wouldn't know though since i always drink diet. after all sugar is the devil (aspartame A-OK though!)
lmao oh god, noooo.

lol good one. i've always thought that cane sugar or fruit sugar are the "safest" as they occur more naturally than man-made aspartame(and/or other FAKE sweeteners) and thus easier to break down or process by one's body.

GOOGLE ASPARTAME ARTICLE

**** high fructose corn syrup too
Yea, Aspartame and HFCS are def the devil also (devils everywhere!). You gotta drink the Coca-Cola-Classic made with cane sugar in the glass bottle ftw (pretty sure I've mentioned this before). Too bad Albertsons and Blockbuster just went out of business around me (where I used to get them) >___>. Guess I'll have to try Publix now...

The Star King

Smash Hero
star king you allways had such cool avatars. When you gonna stop have this bad one, and get a new cool one?
You're right. Battlecow's taste in avatars is so much worse than mine :troll:

I feel like he conned me into giving him my supercool avatar. o well. I'll change soon.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yoooooooo

Europe is good at this game

Olikus is the broiest bro ever for buying me $200,000 Oslo pizza and bringing me water while I sat in his house and played other people online, plus he's good at smash

I'm bout to hit that summer kaillera **** for six hours a day so WATCH OUT my afternoon peeps!

Battlecow

Play to Win
I was gonna talk a bunch of **** but they were all so nice... King funk even offered to have my children after I upB'd Bear on a platform. That's what I call hospitality.

Olikus

Smash Champion
battlecow is a really cool dude. Hope you had fun playing europeans. More americans should do like him and visit us =D

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
nope, didn't. sorry.

also, i need help. finally calibrated my controller and it works! but another problem. i am getting **** connection to galaxy, but i live in orlando and have a great connection (40 mbp/s download, 10 mbp/s upload)

but i'm getting 5 to 6 frames of delay.

no one else using this network, nothing downloading, video card is fine, processor is fine, no viruses, no other programs running.

i have literally no clue how to fix this. anyone?

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Nice bcow.

Aspartame doesn't need to be added, the taste isn't even naturally occuring enough to warrant how much food its put in. Can't same the same about sugar....GGS BALLIN.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
nope, didn't. sorry.

also, i need help. finally calibrated my controller and it works! but another problem. i am getting **** connection to galaxy, but i live in orlando and have a great connection (40 mbp/s download, 10 mbp/s upload)

but i'm getting 5 to 6 frames of delay.

no one else using this network, nothing downloading, video card is fine, processor is fine, no viruses, no other programs running.

i have literally no clue how to fix this. anyone?
Open command prompt.

type the following: ping 69.172.242.150

look at the average time in ms

if it's in between 67 and 83 ms, you'll get 5 frames
if it's in between 84 and 99 ms, you'll get 6 frames

TANK64

Smash Lord
Gonna have to agree with Phoxy. Sugar tastes better :p

Interesting read though (just read it lol), but doesn't debunk all the articles I've read over the years claiming the exact opposite. Aspartame/phenylalanine is ****ing toxic lol, besides besides being a blatant carcinogen (blah blah who cares). And HFCS, dude that's a metabolism nightmare. I hope you're joking. I'm trying to keep my insulin levels on lock :cool: . Raw sugar/Raw honey ftw.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Nice bcow.

Aspartame doesn't need to be added, the taste isn't even naturally occuring enough to warrant how much food its put in. Can't same the same about sugar....GGS BALLIN.

naturalistic fallacy bro

Gonna have to agree with Phoxy. Sugar tastes better :p

Interesting read though (just read it lol), but doesn't debunk all the articles I've read over the years claiming the exact opposite. Aspartame/phenylalanine is ****ing toxic lol, besides besides being a blatant carcinogen (blah blah who cares). And HFCS, dude that's a metabolism nightmare. I hope you're joking. I'm trying to keep my insulin levels on lock :cool: . Raw sugar/Raw honey ftw.
eating sugar can't be good for your insulin levels ... also sugar is a carcinogen too. but yeah HFCS is usually 55% fructose 42% glucose where sugar is 50% fructose 50% glucose. So not much difference between the two. That's why I said if you ate 1000 cal of HFCS it'd probably be worse than sugar due to the extra fructose but for small amounts it is negligible.

to be clear aspartame seems to be the worst of the common sweeteners. but my point overall is that these kinds of things are not important enough to trip out about.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Ehh you're right. They all have the same basic downfalls. I hardly even eat fruit anymore... But manufacturers really need to stop putting Aspartame and Sugar into every god damn thing though. That's the real "culprit" IMO. People's sugar intakes are way too high, and they don't even realize it.

I'm just gonna start living on a multivitamins and protein shakes (with water obv xD )

ballin4life

Smash Hero
fruit is awesome cuz it got dem antioxidants that prevent cancer. especially berries. gotta counteract all those carcinogens right?

lol beer diet. sounds horrible also gotta get dat BROtein in yo diet

Top Bottom