• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

RickySSB

Smash Ace
I was watching some Isai's Videos and...... gosh if he made one single mistake (everybody does), the viewers practically murder him.
They dont know the sentence "give him a break"

Channighan

Smash Ace
I was watching some Isai's Videos and...... gosh if he made one single mistake (everybody does), the viewers practically murder him.
And there's always those people..

"Gerson plays gay"
"Isai never loses"
"This Superboom*** person just got lucky".

I'm just sitting here like, get off his ****, it's possible for him to lose. <_<

:phone:

Peek~

Smash Lord
Why are you reading youtube comments in the first place?

Do humans not disgust you enough already?

malva00

Smash Master
(1:17:42 PM) Isai Alvarado: so were those swedish players fake?
(1:18:28 PM) antd: no
(1:18:33 PM) Isai Alvarado: lol
(1:19:44 PM) antd: at least not by me
(1:20:13 PM) Isai Alvarado: so you're saying they were fake?
(1:21:24 PM) antd: i met a group of guys in sweden some years back that were very good. i dont think they would've faked their own videos, but it is possible they did
(1:21:44 PM) Isai Alvarado: possible as in anything is possible?
(1:21:49 PM) Isai Alvarado: or something else hints at it?
(1:22:15 PM) antd: as in anything is possible
antd is typing...

it's official.

after knowing a bunch of people play in Peru, no one should be surprised that people play anywhere, unless it's some weird place. also no one should be surprised if they don't play anyone after Alancitu didn't want to record with me. anything can happen.

The Star King

Smash Hero
(1:21:24 PM) antd: i met a group of guys in sweden some years back that were very good. i dont think they would've faked their own videos, but it is possible they did
antd is typing...

it's official.

after knowing a bunch of people play in Peru, no one should be surprised that people play anywhere, unless it's some weird place. also no one should be surprised if they don't play anyone after Alancitu didn't want to record with me. anything can happen.
Eagerly awaiting Battlecow's reaction :troll:

SSBPete

Smash Lord
antd is typing...

it's official.

MYTH BUSTED

I've been waiting a long time for this day

It seems like the only places that play smash are the Americas, Australia, Japan and a few places in Europe. I havnt heard of any smashers from the UK, which surprises me the most.

:phone:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i have seen some UK people post here, just not recently

also, australia doesn't play smash, the hell you smokin?

having my first cup of coffee ever, wish me luck

asianaussie

Smash Hero
simultaneously the best, worst, funniest, most irritating, most beloved, most hated, most active, least involved posters

<3 australia

this coffee is ****ing terrible

asianaussie

Smash Hero
barring this ****-in-a-cup, pretty ok

just submitted all of 4 assignments, only one left, thinking of heading interstate for uni break

ski trip too, so if you asked me in three weeks, life would actually be pretty godlike

TANK64

Smash Lord
I still don't believe those Swedish dudes were authentic. Not that it matters lol; they can't even play on console, so their existence is objectively pointless anyways.

coffee is not legit. used to drink like 6 cups (ok 3 double espresso shots actually) + a 5 hour energy every day to get through work.

5 hour energy is legit tho
rofl this lecture

'Coffee decreases calcium absorption and continual consumption may predispose to osteoporosis'

relevant stuff, **** coffee forever
Umm, you guys are DUMB AS ****! **** YOU! YOU ****ING PIECE OF **** **** SUCKING TOOLS! I HATE YOU PIGS. PIECES OF ****!

Also, I still think Falcon's Ftilt laser dodge is the future of smash.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I don't see how a bunch of players being good at Smash 64 on console in Sweden compares in "strangeness" with Peru. It's not like Sweden is in the middle of nowhere like Tacna. Sweden has a huge gaming culture and has the best SSBM scene in Europe.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I wish we could gather all of this talent across the globe and create a bigger scene

why everyone gotta be so secretive :c

M!nt

Smash Champion
I think im gonna try to become a Yoshi and Pikachu main

They're just so much funer than the other characters

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah I think I should give up on Pikachu and just main Fox or maybe even Yoshi

But I change my mind every day on who should I main lol

Olikus

Smash Champion
ofc the swedish smasher are TAS. Just because antdgar say he didnt tas them? what a horrible evidence concider that its he who most likely tas them lol.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Do any of you guys realize how much time and energy would have to go into TASing 40-50 full matches?

Top TASers like Ricky and Tambor have both mentioned how difficult and time-consuming it is to TAS a match between two "human"-controlled characters and even then they're just 3-stock matches. There are also several half-finished TASs on YouTube now because the authors didn't have enough time or creativity to finish them.

Not claiming these are real or fake, but I am saying that the TASer who supposedly did this would have had to pour many months, if not years, into making these, as well as creating defining play characteristics and habits for each player to make them unique and human-like. That right there is not easy and it's not like some top TASer could just decide, all willynilly-like, to simply bang out 50 matches between three different unique players and not break a sweat.

Something like this takes serious dedication, more than most of us have the time and effort for, and there is really no point in stringing the Smash community along like this, especially if there isn't some payoff or "LOL I TROLLED U". Although, maybe there is something planned for the future. WHO KNOWS. If so, then this would qualify as one of the biggest and most ambitious trolls I have ever seen.

Sounds like I'm arguing against the TAS here, but it's hard to overlook the sheer number of matches and what it took to create them. If it was 5-10, I'd be more suspicious, but I am not sure it's possible for one person to do all these. To what end?

However, I am very suspicious of the gameplay, as some things seems a little too scripted. Still beautifully masked, if it is TAS.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
They aren't you're average TAS though, where you see TONS of crazy ****, so maybe they aren't nearly as time consuming to make. The main reason I think they are TAS, or at least they are not high level players, is that there is hardly any spacing going on. When 2 high level players go at it, the majority of the match is spent spacing. Whereas the majority of these matches is spent comboing. And the combo's are great, except some of them get messed up in stupid places, like fox just missing an upsmash by a lot at the end of this combo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXCzQoc-6FE#t=1m07s

not to mention they often do standing tech when it would be silly to do so, and it is always perfectly read by the other player who makes no attempt to have the other options covered. The two areas the players in these videos excel at are comboing and DIing, the marks of TAS. The idea that players would be this good at in-game comboing and seem to not have good spacing is tough to swallow. Also people in Europe haven't heard of them.... so yea.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
not to mention they often do standing tech when it would be silly to do so, and it is always perfectly read by the other player who makes no attempt to have the other options covered. The two areas the players in these videos excel at are comboing and DIing, the marks of TAS. The idea that players would be this good at in-game comboing and seem to not have good spacing is tough to swallow. Also people in Europe haven't heard of them.... so yea.
Remember, the plausibility lies in that this is one of those "clusters" thegreginator talked about in his thread. It's entirely possible that these guys developed those skills highly on their own, but neglecting others (intentionally or unintentionally). Once you learn z-cancelling, combos just come with practice and better understanding of each characters' moves. Just because they can combo well doesn't mean it's TAS. They've just been beating up on each other for years.

As for DI, I hardly see ANY DI, except ledge DI. It is very plausible that one day, one of them was trying to get back onto the ledge and mashed frantically toward the stage, and bounced off the wall. Or maybe it was an accident. Something like this happening without the player fully understanding why is much more likely in the ledge scenario than a regular combo because of the drastic change in what's happening onscreen. You don't see them escaping combos at all, so I'm not sure what other DI you're seeing.

Spacing... remember, this is a cluster of three people. They've played each other for ages and have gotten used to predicting how the other will react. Or maybe they're just having fun in blindly charging in and comboing each other and not *****footing about? As for techs, that's something you learn to read when playing somebody repeatedly, and as much as it becomes habit to act a certain way, it becomes habit to read a certain way. Not entirely implausible for a small group. Teching in place multiple times is stupid, but you can chalk that up to panicked button mashing. Could be habit.

It is so goddamn hard to simultaneously control two characters and give them each a "mind" of their own, not to mention carrying over that "mind" to 20 other matches. You have to think of and plan out every second to make it look legit. That in itself is more challenging for 50 matches than the actual work of implementing it. I just can't believe somebody sat down and did this just for kicks.

Top Bottom