• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Kirbstomper

Smash Apprentice
You quoting my post is a binding agreement to join my clan.

Still Studs and King Kirby Clan
1. Kirbstomper
2. Shears

Edit: damn it shears I just got what you did there

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
Last edited by a moderator:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Inb4 "He's the Barry Bonds of cricket"
Some guy who played cricket like 100 years ago and was extremely broken. I think we almost have a paragraph dedicated to him in the constitution or something (he's at least on a bank note, $100 bill? ).
Something something multiple centuries (i.e. runs, which I guess an entire homerun is 2 cricketish runs) on multiple occasions on an international platform.

I think it's probably mostly some propaganda to get people to play a sport designed to dislocate your shoulder with a ball strong enough to kill people.

Last edited:

Olikus

Smash Champion
Alert! Jam is in Oslo today. some serious smashing is about to happen with the british boy, me and my salmon warriors. Stay tuned kids.

Last edited:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
I believe the morning sun
Always gonna shine again, and,
I believe a pot of gold
Waits at every rainbow's end, oh
I believe in roses kissed with dew,
Why shouldn't I believe the same in you?

I believe in make believe,
Fairy tales and lucky charms and,
I believe in promises,
Spoken as you cross your heart, oh,
I believe in skies forever blue,

You may say I'm a fool,
Feelin' the way that I do
You can call me Pollyanna,
Say I'm crazy as a loon,
I believe in silver linings
And that's why I believe in you!

I believe there'll come a day,
Maybe it will be tomorrow.
When the blue bird flies away,
All we have to do is follow.
I believe a dream can still come true,

You may say I'm a fool,
Feelin' the way that I do,
I believe in friends and laughter
And the wonders love can do,
I believe in songs and magic

You may say I'm a fool,
Feelin' this way about you,
There's not much I can do,
I'm gonna be this way my life through
'Cause I still believe in miracles,
I swear I've seen a few.
And the time will surely come
When you can see my point of view.
I believe in second chances,

Olikus

Smash Champion
Oslo update! Jam is as good as in the folktales. Lots of damage went down in salmon town. We will come back stronger. Good night.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I still don't know who Don Bradman is
So in Cricket the big stat is "batting average" which is how many points you score while you're batting. If you had an average of ~50 you'd just about be a top 10 cricket player in the world right now. The second highest batting average of all time in international cricket matches is ~63. Bradman averaged 99.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
@ Kahnu Kahnu

When you try and connect and assimilate with a community that is so tightknit with such a small yet dedicated playerbase, it's hard to find yourself in situations where you feel like you aren't being ridiculed constantly because you aren't up to snuff. This could be a more intricate way to say 'elitist' but I really wouldn't call it that. I think that there are some big heads in every community and 64 is no different but I also find that a lot of people just want to play smash, and that's all it should ever come down to. I mean, people probably don't recognize me or wonder why I post here but I've watched the community kick in it's death bed for quite some time but also felt like not getting involved because I really do feel that, despite SmashCon, Smash64 isn't exactly the hottest e-sport to play. That isn't to say that I don't love the game and I don't enjoy playing it, I just feel it's not worth getting bothered about it, win or lose. You'll find people will come to respect you, in almost every gaming community, when you stop making up excuses like the community not liking you and show your worth in other ways, whether it be good manners or good play.

That being said, @Fireblaster you're still the huge asshole who I've come to known in your PPS days and I laughed when you called me a '****ing ****ty alt'

Last edited:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
his batting average was actually like 99.95

this is an utterly absurd achievement (i don't think you get how ****ing stupid this is, this is pretty much incomparable to anything else in sport), and this makes the fact he was like 1 run off the square hundred even more depressing

i dont even watch cricket

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
England were out for 200, but Australia slumped to 3/39, losing the third wicket from the last ball of the day. Listed to bat at number five, Bradman would start his innings the next day. That evening, Bradman declined an invitation to dinner from Neville Cardus, telling the journalist that he wanted an early night because the team needed him to make a double century the next day. Cardus pointed out that his previous innings on the ground was 334, and the law of averages was against another such score. Bradman told Cardus, "I don't believe in the law of averages"

Capos

Smash Apprentice
I did some reading about this Bradman guy and he makes Jordan, Ruth, Gretsky, and Brady all look like a *****.
In Babe Ruth's first season with the Yankees (i.e. the first season he wasn't a part time or full time pitcher), he hit more home runs than 14 of the 16 teams in MLB. In his second he broke the career home run record.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
so is super smash con actually happening? i havent wanted to buy my greyhound tickets because they havent announced anything. registration was supposed to start this month, right?

Shears

Smash Master
so is super smash con actually happening? i havent wanted to buy my greyhound tickets because they havent announced anything. registration was supposed to start this month, right?
Yes its happening. Buy the ticket and worse case scenario you play smash with all of us in Baltimore and we have a smash fest at the brodys.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Mother Music is just too beautiful, I love it.
The Mother - My feels matchup is 100-0 In Mother's favor
Some one be my chaperon to this feels trip :')

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god, guys. Just had the greatest thing ever happen. I've been teaching a friend of mine to play 64. She picked Ness out of all the characters to use, "because he's cute". So over the course of about an hour, I taught her the basics (simple movement, recovery, z-cancelling, etc...). We did two more hour long sessions last week, but after those she didn't really bring it up, so I assumed she was done with it. Then today, she tagged along when I met up with some of the guys in my group, and asked to play. So I let her of course, thinking she was just trying to have some fun. Well, apparently she was practicing on her own, because in her first match against someone other than me, she broke a shield with DJC D-airs, got a sweet 0-Death combo, and ended up convincingly 3 stocking this dude. Then she looked at me and asked "How'd I do?" Something gives me the feeling that the guy she beat won't be back any time soon.

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
You guys ever have those days where your tech skill/ play is just not what it was yesterday? I'm feeling kinda down cause I lost to hipsters jiggs (uhg so many screw ups in the beginning) and then lost to his pika, my hands felt like they where slower or something, I couldn't even z cancel consistently

Top Bottom