• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Kero could win vs LD if the bracket works out like that, I mean he doesn't drop edgeguards as much, :troll:

In all seriousness, why is he so hard to edgeguard compared to 90% of other Fox

Shears

Smash Master
Kero could win vs LD if the bracket works out like that, I mean he doesn't drop edgeguards as much, :troll:

In all seriousness, why is he so hard to edgeguard compared to 90% of other Fox
He's unedgeguardable. Watch him vs dexter, banze, wizzrobe, he avoids so many "simple" edgeguards. Its mostly because he is so precise at aiming his upb and has such a good understanding about how fox falls and exactly where he can get to at any spot on DL that he knows how far back he can pull to get you to miss, how high/vertical he can go to still get back, and can react so quickly to any read you make that using foxes great fall special he can avoid the approach you have. He's really good at sweetspotting and riding up the side of DL and avoiding any punish. The biggest problem is he exploits everything fox has to recover better than other foxes and so he gets in your head. Things that work against other foxes he negates and counters it back into a stock against you so the next time you're in an edgeguard situation you hesitate on going for what didn't work before and instead the decision you make he's already accounted for and then that doesn't work either. Its like rock paper scissors where you pick first and he picks second. You go high, he goes low or middle. You go middle, he goes high or low. You go low, he goes high or middle. You tried fsmashing the stage, it didn't work and you get punished and lose a stock because of it. Do you try fsmash again and risk losing another stock only to see him avoid it again? You try nairing or uairing or bairing him off stage and his aerial beats yours, he gets back, and turns the stock around. Do you try running off and edgeguarding again only to see him get back and take your stock? Do you wait for him to land or finish upb and hit him then? He finishes his upb outside of your reach so then you have to catch him falling but he can read and move away from any side you pick to cover.

Here's how you edgeguard LD: Ban fox.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Honestly full power online LD is decisively #3 in NA behind Boom and Isai in my mind. He would definitely beat Kero.

But who knows if full power LD is even possible on console so the point is moot.

Shears

Smash Master
Honestly full power online LD is decisively #3 in NA behind Boom and Isai in my mind. He would definitely beat Kero.

But who knows if full power LD is even possible on console so the point is moot.
We will know at smashcon. Oh and if you watched Apex you would see how good LD did without comboing.

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
Kero has a chance but if LD plays his best I definitely think he'll win.

He's not unedgeguardable though Shears just sux lol

Can't wait to go to Xanadu and beat LD :p I eat fox's
I was beating you with my controller Fox at Apex so I doubt it.

Guess I'm in a trashtalking mood today.

Last edited:

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
So I just tried to turn on my console and head into Vs Mode to see time played on all the characters. When I click on Vs Record though, the music begins to lag and play at like half rate or slower, and the screen just stays frozen selecting Vs Record. Has anybody else experienced this before? I can access every thing in the game (as far as I know, might need to test some things) except the vs record.

Shears

Smash Master
So I just tried to turn on my console and head into Vs Mode to see time played on all the characters. When I click on Vs Record though, the music begins to lag and play at like half rate or slower, and the screen just stays frozen selecting Vs Record. Has anybody else experienced this before? I can access every thing in the game (as far as I know, might need to test some things) except the vs record.
Maybe one of your characters has a games played number that exceeds the highest value that can be represented by the bits used for those numbers so it hangs loading the value from memory into a register.

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
Maybe one of your characters has a games played number that exceeds the highest value that can be represented by the bits used for those numbers so it hangs loading the value from memory into a register.
My initial thought was that one of the numbers might be too high which was bugging it so that would make sense. Has anybody had experience with this happening to them before? Though unlikely, does anyone if there's a way to fix it other than resetting the cart and having to win the characters/stages again?

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Kero has a chance but if LD plays his best I definitely think he'll win.

He's not unedgeguardable though Shears just sux lol

I was beating you with my controller Fox at Apex so I doubt it.

Guess I'm in a trashtalking mood today.
Well I've only played competitive for 1 year (luigi: 5-6 months) and I've already gotten extremely good, another 5 good months and I'll destroy your fox :p
Btw my luigi skills has gotten way better since apex, I actually took games off Z's fox, that has to be something right?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Well I've only played competitive for 1 year (luigi: 5-6 months) and I've already gotten extremely good, another 5 good months and I'll destroy your fox :p
Btw my luigi skills has gotten way better since apex, I actually took games off Z's fox, that has to be something right?
Kero 2: Luigi Boogaloo

Last edited:

r2salz

Smash Cadet
Yo I see you're in the DC area. You should come up to Xanadu sometime, its less than an hour away. Or check out the NOVA smash group.
Ok cool thanks, I'll check it out.

Yo I see you're in the DC area. You should come up to Xanadu sometime, its less than an hour away. Or check out the NOVA smash group.
I see you have Smash @ Xanandu & Smash @ Clarendon. Both have weekly's. There's an excellent Smash presence in the area! Do they host SSB 64 too or is it just like someone might bring it.

Last edited by a moderator:

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
If online ld is best ld, he should change the adapter so there is a frame delay. i personally play best on 2 frame delay because lmaoooo fake smash.

Shears

Smash Master

Morin0

Smash Lord
LD was telling me at Apex how the adapter messes up his inputs/up b's. Something about how the adapter doesn't account for all the angles than emulator. If he tries to input a certain angle on emulator, it does that angle. If he tries that same input while on the adapter, it goes approximately on that angle. (e.g., if you go want to go completely right, it goes slightly below right.) And you know with LD approximate is not good enough.

Last edited:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
LD was telling me at Apex how the adapter messes up his inputs/up b's. Something about how the adapter doesn't account for all the angles than emulator. If he tries to input a certain angle on emulator, it does that angle. If he tries that same input while on the adapter, it goes approximately on that angle. (e.g., if you go want to go completely right, it goes slightly below right.) And you know with LD approximate is not good enough.
LD > TAS

Olikus

Smash Champion
He's unedgeguardable. Watch him vs dexter, banze, wizzrobe, he avoids so many "simple" edgeguards. Its mostly because he is so precise at aiming his upb and has such a good understanding about how fox falls and exactly where he can get to at any spot on DL that he knows how far back he can pull to get you to miss, how high/vertical he can go to still get back, and can react so quickly to any read you make that using foxes great fall special he can avoid the approach you have. He's really good at sweetspotting and riding up the side of DL and avoiding any punish. The biggest problem is he exploits everything fox has to recover better than other foxes and so he gets in your head. Things that work against other foxes he negates and counters it back into a stock against you so the next time you're in an edgeguard situation you hesitate on going for what didn't work before and instead the decision you make he's already accounted for and then that doesn't work either. Its like rock paper scissors where you pick first and he picks second. You go high, he goes low or middle. You go middle, he goes high or low. You go low, he goes high or middle. You tried fsmashing the stage, it didn't work and you get punished and lose a stock because of it. Do you try fsmash again and risk losing another stock only to see him avoid it again? You try nairing or uairing or bairing him off stage and his aerial beats yours, he gets back, and turns the stock around. Do you try running off and edgeguarding again only to see him get back and take your stock? Do you wait for him to land or finish upb and hit him then? He finishes his upb outside of your reach so then you have to catch him falling but he can read and move away from any side you pick to cover.

Here's how you edgeguard LD: Ban fox.
needs more _____________________ space bro

Last edited:

Kahnu

Banned via Warnings
i wonder if caneut realized hes been playing this game since 2006 and ****s on people who have played it for 11 year and still sucks

what

dont worry cashew im MADLY inlove with you

Last edited:

The Star King

Smash Hero
Other way around. LD claimed the adapter sensed too many angles and he was used to less freedom on the angles. For example, he would push approximately right, on emulator it would go right, but on console adapter he would end up going slightly down.

All according to LD, not sure if it's actually true, but I did see him accidentally do a slightly down sideways upb a few times at Apex.

Shears

Smash Master
Other way around. LD claimed the adapter sensed too many angles and he was used to less freedom on the angles. For example, he would push approximately right, on emulator it would go right, but on console adapter he would end up going slightly down.

All according to LD, not sure if it's actually true, but I did see him accidentally do a slightly down sideways upb a few times at Apex.
Yeah thats what he claims, and knowing LD I believe him. Theres a reason he had almost 0 combos as fox at Apex.

Top Bottom