• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

asianaussie

Smash Hero
gjbu

also, stuff i recently enjoyed for actual reasons rather than kawaii desu uguu

gekkan shoujo nozaki-kun
bokura wa minna kawaisou
barakamon
mikakunin de shinkoukei

other good ****

space ****ing dandy
tengen toppa gurren lagann
log horizon
code geass
ping pong
no game no life

The Star King

Smash Hero
@ asianaussie asianaussie

youre just about the last anime god remaining in this dump (rip mixa/rip sangoku)

recommend me some good anime pls ty
since when did Sangoku watch enough anime to be an "anime god"

or is this a mixa = sangoku joke?

these dum __ = __ jokes is starting to make things confusing

Sedda

Smash Champion
since when did Sangoku watch enough anime to be an "anime god"

or is this a mixa = sangoku joke?

these dum __ = __ jokes is starting to make things confusing
Are you an anime god too? I wasnt aware.

Youre always too busy ******** about me talking about music with bloodpeach or rob so I COULDNT TELL

BananaBolts

I find you quite appealing
@ Sedda Sedda
Anime suggestions:
- Gintama
- Boku wa Tomodaci ga Sukunai
- Elfen Lied
- Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!
- Berserk
- Freezing, Freezing Vibration (ecchi but still has a semi-compelling story)
- Yu Yu Hakusho (older anime art style and a bit cheesy at times)
- Soul Eater
- Sket Dance
- Noragami
- Log Horizon

There's an anime on this list for just about everyone. Action, romance, slice of life, ecchi, comedy, harem. Everything short of yaoi/yuri.
This is a short list of anime that I can think of off of the top of my head (at least the ones that aren't totally mainstream)
Ask me about any of them if you have questions. They're all pretty good.
My absolute favorite on this list is "Gintama". ~215 episodes
My least favorite on this list is "Freezing".

I use this website: http://www.animefreak.tv/
- It isn't too bad about the ads but I installed adblock anyways

Last edited:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
gintama is very good, but it's a long haul
haganai is kinda awkward and has a lot of tropes a lot of new-ish anime watchers dislike, but it's good
elfen lied is eh, it's the 'edgy' mainstream series, in that people have heard about it... meh
watamote is just awkward... niche at best, completely unenjoyable at worst
berserk is great, but the manga is required reading
freezing is bad, read it if you have to have anything to do with it
yu yu hakusho is good i guess... kinda long and a bit all over the place
soul eater is EDGY AS **** TOPKEK but seriously it's just a run of the mill shounen with different art and EDGE
sket dance and noragami i cant comment on but ive heard good things
log horizon is good if you've ever played an MMO and still ok if you havent

cromartie highschool is a good one
hajime no ippo is really, really good if you dont mind a lot of **** jokes and drawn out fight scenes (not dbz-tier but still kinda long)

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
i remember there was a while where aa would bring me into the conversation every time anime was introduced

and i'd be like

aa

i don't ****ing watch anime

stop

Studstill

Smash Ace
Edit: I didn`t realize that was from back then, my bad.
Tournament tonight at 10 PM EST; the incredible Umbra will be doing more great commentary. Should have a full 16 bracket again, including Near, Kabal, LD, and more.

Last edited:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
ive watched avatar, it was good but not the sort of thing i would go kero mode for

season 2 is one of those things that's going to be in my backlog forever

BananaBolts

One of these days, I'm going to introduce my girlfriend to anime. She's promised to sit down and watch a few episodes if I watch a romantic movie with her. What anime do you recommend as an entry-level anime for women?

I'm trying to avoid shounen but I think she'll be ok with some fighting scenes. I don't want to subject her to an anime that makes too many Japanese cultural references because I'd spend too much time explaining them. I'm just looking for an anime with a compelling love story and solid, understandable humor. Your suggestions would be appreciated.

Sedda

Smash Champion
One of these days, I'm going to introduce my girlfriend to anime. She's promised to sit down and watch a few episodes if I watch a romantic movie with her. What anime do you recommend as an entry-level anime for women?

I'm trying to avoid shounen but I think she'll be ok with some fighting scenes. I don't want to subject her to an anime that makes too many Japanese cultural references because I'd spend too much time explaining them. I'm just looking for an anime with a compelling love story and solid, understandable humor. Your suggestions would be appreciated.
you should watch Candy Candy with her ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (i legit want to watch this series because my sister used to watch it when i was very young. dont remember if it was any good)

but in all seriousness, just remember that anime is just a medium. if she's only going to be interested in stuff with love stories, it won't really matter if theyre coming from anime or not. let her sit through one piece **** it

Last edited:

BananaBolts

you should watch Candy Candy with her ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (i legit want to watch this series because my sister used to watch it when i was very young. dont remember if it was any good)

but in all seriousness, just remember that anime is just a medium. if she's only going to be interested in stuff with love stories, it won't really matter if theyre coming from anime or not. let her sit through one piece **** it
That's great and all but I want her to watch anime with me, no matter the type. We've promised to make an effort to enjoy each other's interests. I just want an anime that will help her transition into a different medium. Eventually, I want her to be able to watch any type of anime with me and truly enjoy it. She has her independent taste in entertainment and I have mine but we're actively trying to bridge the gap. Besides, sharing the same form of entertainment gives us another subject in which we can relate.

asianaussie

Smash Hero

dont listen to shaya, panty & stocking isnt good entry-level anime because it's not really representative of anime, so liking it will not open the gate to finding further things

honestly speaking, you should try to sell anime through things that you don't already find in western stuff, but at the same time that's pretty hard to jump straight into... with that in mind, i would probably recommend daily lives of highschool boys, anohana or wagnaria

avatar the last airbender is also a good entry level anime

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
still a ****ty animated kids show,

go read a book you ADULT
yawn

i imagine mixa would post something really funny about the idea of cartoons being for kids only and books for adults only, but alas, mixa is long gone.

</3

AtotheZ

Smash Lord

just do some ez pz movie like summer wars or a miyazaki film

Top Bottom