• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Ontario ain't hittin up zenith

sry guys

Sangoku

Smash Master
Skype is seriously the worst ****ing program I've ever seen. This piece of **** never works. I tried older version, same problem, I tried even older version, not compatible. **** it, I don't understand why everybody uses this...

Sangoku

Smash Master
Windows 8. It keeps on freezing and when I kill the process, there is always a process called skype and I can't kill it. My only option is to reboot, it's driving me nuts.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
THIS NEW ONTARIO SCENE LOOKING FLAKY

nah but try for apex fasho yeah?
It was too short notice for a brand new scene, but I'm going to try and rally up the troops for apex. We got 22 brawl guys to go last year, hopefully I can pull similar numbers for 64

Sangoku

Smash Master
If you were able to tell me how to solve this, I would admit pubicly that I am the problem and everything else is fine. It is indeed often the case with a computer, but this time I genuinely think the problem is the program or the OS.

Or in fact, even if you told me how to get around this, it wouldn't mean I was the problem. If the program doesn't work as it's supposed to and the user isn't capable of finding a way to fix it, it doesn't mean the user was the problem.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Thanks.

I'm using the desktop version. When I log in it would sometimes:
-work normally
-freeze
-load received messages, but the little number and orange points don't disappear after I read the messages

In the latter two cases I won't be able to receive more message or to send message. I also can't quit the program normally. If I go to the task manager, I can kill the process called Skype and the window will disappear. However there will still be a process called Skype and I can't kill it. If I try to kill it under the process tab, nothing happens. If I go to the details tab, it tells me access denied. So I went to the program properties and gave the user full control. I tried to kill it again without success, still access denied. The problem with this remaining process is that if I ignore it and try to open a new instance of Skype, it won't connect, telling me I'm already logged in somewhere.
Oddly, even if I uninstall the program (which seems to work without error), the Skype process is still here.
My only solution at this point is to reboot.

I then tried using the modern version, but it doesn't allow me to use an account with an username independantly of a microsoft account, so I uninstalled it.

I've seen a few posts about this (like this one or this one), but no solution seems reliable.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
I've actually encountered this with my skype+microsoft account where I couldn't make current messages go away and other various problems. You might've had your account hijacked. What I ended up doing is changing my password for my microsoft account since my skype is combined with my microsoft account.

MY problem went away when I did this.

Sangoku

Smash Master
not being in admin account on windows ZZZZZZZZZZZZ some mod huh
Well I thought I was and still, I don't think that's the problem since giving full control didn't work.

I'll try changing my password then, thanks.

@ Sangoku Sangoku what character do you main?
I don't know, I don't really have main sadly. I would say Falcon, Fox, or Yoshi. Why?

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I'm beginning to SUCK at this game. I'm not playing enough and I can't play with consistent frame delay. Some stuff is easier to do on 5 frames while other things like multi shining is easier on lower frames. **** like that.

;__;

mixa

Banned via Warnings
aa, why do we see so many heartfelt hugs after sets in real fighting games but not in smash?

after an intense set, m2k / armada / etc will just make a salty face while the fgc people are all like let's hug bro *misty eyes*

The Star King

Smash Hero
yeah but the FGC also has more drama/saltiness from what I hear

I feel like this is the sort of post that might invoke Fireblaster's wrath though as he tells me how wrong I am. Don't hurt me!

wait why are you asking aa

I'd hug someone after a set if they wanted, wut

Last edited:

mixa

Banned via Warnings
bcuz i like aa's posts about real fighting games

on that note, tokido went on record to say that smash *gasp* is a fighting game

he didn't specifiy, so it's safe to assume he meant melee only

XD

Top Bottom