• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

asianaussie

Smash Hero
aa, why do we see so many heartfelt hugs after sets in real fighting games but not in smash?

after an intense set, m2k / armada / etc will just make a salty face while the fgc people are all like let's hug bro *misty eyes*
i think m2k is a pretty bad example, he's obviously gotten better over the years but i dont think the LUV flowed through him much up until recently

idk i just feel more emotion emanating from FGC crowds, maybe it's just because there are so many more majors and more chances to chill with people outside games and get TIGHT

people travel frequently in the FGC for things, i can rattle off ten people in marvel or SF4 who travel all the time without much thought, whereas in melee i can only really think of m2k as a frequent flyer for more than just the major majors (but im not in the melee scene so whatever)

disclaimer: this might come off as racist but a lot of the hugs i see in the FGC are initiated by hispanic or black americans, maybe that's got something to do with it (killer hugging ruoka kinda triggered this edit lol)

yeah but the FGC also has more drama/saltiness from what I hear

I feel like this is the sort of post that might invoke Fireblaster's wrath though as he tells me how wrong I am. Don't hurt me!
why would this invoke wrath? most of the controversial salt is from top players with reputations as jerks, the rest is just normal salt at not winning, and that's usually dyed in respect for whoever you just lost to (there are many exceptions, even some recent ones)

im kinda meandering at this point but bigger communities naturally generate more salt anyway

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
Writing Team
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I picked an awkward time to walk in here

Sedda

Smash Champion
I feel so bad for M2K.

He played so ****ing horrible, except for that one sexy ass combo (you know which one). I just want to see the man's Marth spank everyone else. Whyyy MEW2KING. WHY MUST YOU BREAK MY HEART

Ceasar

Banned via Warnings
I think it would be interesting if M2K became more involved in the 64 scene. He could potentially become an elite player if he puts in serious effort to improve. He may even get to witness and grow fond of the friendly atmosphere of the 64 community.

...Or, would that be a bad thing?

Sedda

Smash Champion
I think it would be interesting if M2K became more involved in the 64 scene. He could potentially become an elite player if he puts in serious effort to improve. He may even get to witness and grow fond of the friendly atmosphere of the 64 community.

...Or, would that be a bad thing?
I think it would be great if he was more involved and actually wanted to learn, but it's not gonna happen. He lives in socal now, plus Smash 4 is right around the corner so he's going to be playing that all the time

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
hey hey hey!

guess whos back

back again

keros back

tell your mom

whAAAT???

sup

im in miami right now and im ****ing dying to play ssb

i was watching some z vids recently and was like wow i love this game

jesus i can't wait to get home and train

zenith is gonna be so sick guys

youre all gonna get ****ed

guys

its a ROBR world out there

listen

so you know what that means

anyway

im like 99% sure i have skin cancer

so theres that

well i gtg

later girl scouts

Last edited:

VVilde

Smash Cadet
* Joins: TTFU - SpecialiZed
* Joins: BOMBS4DAYS
<BOMBS4DAYS> he left cuz I was too good didnt he...
<TTFU- Wilde> "hold on gotta get controller"
* Joins: Chitopunk
<TTFU - SpecialiZed> lol did ybombb say that
<TTFU- Wilde> im predicting he will say that
* Joins: [-FU-] YBOMBB
* Parts: Chitopunk
<BOMBS4DAYS> :O
<TTFU - SpecialiZed> thought so
<[-FU-] YBOMBB> one sec
<BOMBS4DAYS> ROFL
<TTFU - SpecialiZed> no way
<[-FU-] YBOMBB> gota get cotller
<TTFU - SpecialiZed> no ****in way
<TTFU- Wilde> thank you
<TTFU - SpecialiZed> ahahahahhaha
<BOMBS4DAYS> lol sooo psychic
<BOMBS4DAYS> we dont have a chance now
<TTFU - SpecialiZed> ahahahha im dying
<BOMBS4DAYS> he'll just
<BOMBS4DAYS> predict our moves
<[-FU-] YBOMBB> zeds told me to say that
<BOMBS4DAYS> lol
<[-FU-] YBOMBB> in pm
<TTFU - SpecialiZed> ah u mean bombs4days did
<[-FU-] YBOMBB> low level
<BOMBS4DAYS> debunked
<BOMBS4DAYS> lol
<Server> <TTFU - SpecialiZed> (7323): i didnt tell him ****

Sedda

Smash Champion
smash skill is inversely proportional to how bad your posts are on smashboards

examples:
-Mango
-Bane's "A case against hyrule"

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
Guys I need your help on what to do,
So I play smash 64 on console with my bro and I noticed I'm not doing as good as online, I use a 360 remote for online cause I don't have an adapter to use n64 remote, and the n64 joy stick is slightly wearing off (sometimes when I try to make a quick dash, he walks) and it's incredibly annoying. Should I bring bring my 360 remote and hope people have adapters for it? (Something about using 360 with original console feels strongly wrong to me) or should I repair my joystick a couple days before a tournament? This has lately brung me down a bit

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
you very likely won't find an adapter unless you go to a major, or a toronto tourney. so grease your stick (assuming it's still tight).

Skrlx

Smash Champion
What the hell? Someone else besides Komo calls controllers a "remote" ?

Top Bottom