• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Pretty sure I have a far better grasp of melee skill than yourself anikom.

I'll go ahead and attribute that to having played competitively since 2005/2006.

And having 3 top 25 players in the world live within 40 minutes of me. All of whom made the pro bracket at MLG.

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
Karajan is a blind 64 lover. He liks J better so that people can't escape is up tilts too easily =d

I'm sorry, but I gotta admit that watching Melee is generally more fun. Playing 64 is a lot more fun for me, but I'd rather watch Armada vs Hungrybox than Kirby vs Jiggs in 64

Last edited:

anikom15

Smash Apprentice
Pretty sure I have a far better grasp of melee skill than yourself anikom.

I'll go ahead and contribute that to having played competitively since 2005/2006.

And having 3 top 25 players in the world live within 40 minutes of me. All of whom made the pro bracket at MLG.
Probably, though I was talking to Herb. It's okay to just like one game more than another. I like 64 more because I like it more.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Compared to 64, melee feels clunkier (lag on Lcancelled aerials, crouch cancelling), slippery (wavedashing, tripping off of platforms), and the combos feels sloppier due to DI. I also really don't like the gamecube controller and it's crappy face button layout and terrible shoulder buttons. I also agree with everything karajan said about melee.

Herb dude, It kind of sounds like you're just bad at Melee....
I've won more local melee tournaments than any kind of 64 tournament. What's your point?

Shears

Smash Master
I like 64 more because I like it more.
Just because is not an answer. You like 64 more because it is a game of purity, cleansed of all the filth that melee and brawl has. It is the first, the alpha of the smash games, and as brawl and melee are dying to PM, 64 is beginning to flourish because it is also the omega of the smash games. Its aged, like a good scotch, and isn't consumed by the masses but appreciated by those that are cultured enough to acquire its taste. You don't like 64 more because you like it more, you like 64 more because you have to like it more, because liking it any less would be selling yourself short of perfection.

anikom15

Smash Apprentice
Just because is not an answer. You like 64 more because it is a game of purity, cleansed of all the filth that melee and brawl has. It is the first, the alpha of the smash games, and as brawl and melee are dying to PM, 64 is beginning to flourish because it is also the omega of the smash games. Its aged, like a good scotch, and isn't consumed by the masses but appreciated by those that are cultured enough to acquire its taste. You don't like 64 more because you like it more, you like 64 more because you have to like it more, because liking it any less would be selling yourself short of perfection.
I don't like 64 anymore.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I enjoy playing all of the smash games. 64 because cmon its 64. Melee and PM because it gives me a chance to play a game I don't know a whole lot about so its a lot more experimenting which is fun. Brawl because I played it before I got good at 64 and haven't played it since, so all I remember was playing like a noob (a high end noob, but still a noob) with friends and having a good time.

I can watch all the games except brawl

I've heard the term Crouch Canceling thrown around with SSB64. Does this have anything to do with Melee CC or is this a totally different thing or is there no such thing at all?
There is crouch canceling in 64, same exact idea, only it is not nearly as pronounced. I think in 64 its half the knockback (?) and you are rarely punished for hitting someone who CC's (though they may escape a combo), whereas in melee its pretty easy to take a hit while CC and then hit them back.

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
So I was at Firefly this past weekend, from Thursday until we left early Sunday morning (two girls in the trailer were sick and wanted to go home, otherwise we would've come home this morning.) Was anybody else there?

Despite having two sick girls who needed to go back for rest fairly often (resulting in us missing a lot more that I would have seen) I got to see (in no particular order): Foo Fighters, Imagine Dragons, Pretty Lights, Arctic Monkeys, Young the Giant, Cage the Elephant, Grouplove, Twenty One Pilots, Smallpools, Bleachers, Aer, and Kongos.

Coming into it, I was really hoping to see Arctic Monkeys but they put on a poor showing as the lead singer seemed to be pretty drunk, and the show was overall disappointing. I was surprised at Twenty One Pilots and how awesome their live performance was. In addition to that, some of the other good performances that I enjoyed a lot: Pretty Lights, Young the Giant, Cage the Elephant, and Kongos.

Last edited:

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
how sick is pretty lights live though

. 3hr set from 230 to 530 when I went to roo
It was actually pretty damn sick. I've never really listened to them before, but their live performance has gotten me interested. It was from like 12:15am until 1:45am, and was one of the few shows where it actually got me dancing with that girl I told you about. I guess technically she's my girlfriend by the way, so that's going well.

In other news, I am sunburnt to all hell especially on my face. It's all peeling off and makes my skin look dirty.

Also, we were able to hear the end of Foo Fighters from our trailer about two miles away. That's how loud their music was, and how far the walk was from the festival to our trailer.

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Okay, so I'm wanting to pull up a classic game from the 64 and SNES to do this summer. One from each system is what I want to do (maybe just one if I don't have enough time for both since I leave for college mid-late August)

Super Mario 64
Yoshi's Story
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong 64
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Yoshi's Island
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

...wait that's about nearly all of them I can think of off the top of my head. Anyone wanna help? So far, I'm on DKC and OoT

mixa

Banned via Warnings
MLG attendee said:
[...] Not too long afterwards, an official of some sort prohibits people from playing [friendlies] on the set-ups and has everybody vacate the immediate area
[...]
Based on what I observed, and later heard while talking to one of the security workers, it seemed to be fire code-related.
melee and 64 suffer from a common enemy

#1unit XDD

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Warning Received
My ****in ******!!!!'!!!!!!

Tto what yo my boys

Tell u what

Bigg i don't give M vs k

Man ****

Just tryna be king

All i know is lion liking is the ****

You guys think you know lion king

Nah

My ***** knows lion king like you don't even know ill **** your your mom

Yo

Real talk tho

I can't wait to be long

I'm
Standing spot light

I just can't wait to be king

Yo

**** tlj all

Peace I'm out

Cashbah boos

Last edited by a moderator:

Shears

Smash Master
Yo this Brazilian girl I've been seeing for the past few weeks went to Firefly and she loved it. If you met her there that would be crazy awesome. I would've gone had I not gone to Bonnaroo. I'm jealous you saw foo fighters though. If anyone here hasn't been to a musical festival you need to go to one, they're amazing.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
going to see primus tomorrow in ny state

was supposed to have gone with puff daddy

i'm thinking of going early as hell and hanging around town, anyone know if there's **** to do in port chester NY?

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Wow, are you like, doing the hard moderator work (thinking) for me Herbert?
You must have missed the actual point of that thread

But its OK, I see you are a brawl back roomer

So yeah, let the 64 people do the thinking lol. Or make your own damn USB to nintendo 64/gc/wii/wiiU adapter.

Last edited:

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
Yo this Brazilian girl I've been seeing for the past few weeks went to Firefly and she loved it. If you met her there that would be crazy awesome. I would've gone had I not gone to Bonnaroo. I'm jealous you saw foo fighters though. If anyone here hasn't been to a musical festival you need to go to one, they're amazing.
Unfortunately didn't meet any Brazilian girls that I remember. I did love it, other than the bull**** about having to dump your water before you go into the venue (they offer free water refills, but there were always lines.)

Shears

Smash Master
Unfortunately didn't meet any Brazilian girls that I remember. I did love it, other than the bull**** about having to dump your water before you go into the venue (they offer free water refills, but there were always lines.)
They said they would do that at Bonnaroo but they didn't. Next time, just put a shirt on and then stuff the bottle in your waistband on your back right above your ass. Works every time everywhere. Your ass acts as a shelf so it doesn't slide down like it may if you stuff it in the front and you walk in facing them so they can't see your back and the bottle sticking out, because honestly, none of you are fooling anyone with a big bulge in the front.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
They said they would do that at Bonnaroo but they didn't. Next time, just put a shirt on and then stuff the bottle in your waistband on your back right above your ***. Works every time everywhere. Your *** acts as a shelf so it doesn't slide down like it may if you stuff it in the front and you walk in facing them so they can't see your back and the bottle sticking out, because honestly, none of you are fooling anyone with a big bulge in the front.
My friend walked in front of me into the centeroo and the guy checking bags made him dump his water. I walked behind him to the same guy with two fat water bottles in my hand and he let me go through.

and that's part of the reason why one of his nicknames is Bad Luck Nate

breakthrough

Smash Journeyman
They said they would do that at Bonnaroo but they didn't. Next time, just put a shirt on and then stuff the bottle in your waistband on your back right above your ***. Works every time everywhere. Your *** acts as a shelf so it doesn't slide down like it may if you stuff it in the front and you walk in facing them so they can't see your back and the bottle sticking out, because honestly, none of you are fooling anyone with a big bulge in the front.
Wasn't really worth the effort, I wanted to remember the majority of the bands that I saw so I only drank at the trailer. It was just annoying when we were already late to a band's show and we had to wait in line for water before we could go because it was too hot and we needed to stay hydrated.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
what the actual ****

i don't even

idk nvm

tourney in ct today

who's down?

i'm driving

javi confirmed and jj is a maybe

rob is a ***** and is going to some lame ass concert

what a queer

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
what the actual ****

i don't even

idk nvm

tourney in ct today

who's down?

i'm driving

javi confirmed and jj is a maybe

rob is a ***** and is going to some lame *** concert

what a queer
So I went to a rave in Worchester the other day, there was a DJ there who brought a N64. We ended up playing and he was pretty decent for a casual. Apparently he played at some Connecticut tournament with you and stranded and stuff? Plays yoshi/fox. I'll find him on facebook for you

I'm sorry, but I gotta admit that watching Melee is generally more fun.
I'll be sure to keep my superboomfan vs tacna videos private then

Last edited:
Top Bottom