• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Sedda

Smash Champion
i felt like this last arc has been a bit slow. it's like some of the episodes have been devoted to them telling you how smart the episodes are. least favorite arc so far, but the other ones have been great.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
what's this about stranded quitting like a little punk *****?

he's not old enough for that ****

also if ruoka really wants to come but isn't on the list what is keeping him from coming? money?

Last edited:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
wuts wrong with your brother dude? And don't worry I've only been gone from smashboards. Been hosting smash at my place weekly with star king, the legendary justin and his groupies, and this guy lunp. Well kinda weekly cuz half the time they all bail :(

Star king won't even return my texts these past couple of weeks. In fact, if this section could make it a thing to tell star king to return clubba's texts that would be great.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Melee at MLG summary:

Ads - leffen lands a bair on m2k- another ad- m2k counterpicks fd - ad between stocks- m2k wins

these ads have ads. So anti-hype

mixa

Banned via Warnings
the aspect ratio is wrong
the schedule's times are useless
they forgot the timer on a m2k set
we've seen 2 short sets in 90 minutes
audio is weird
handwarmers on stream despite the huge wait between sets
commentators are crap

good times when the problem was lack of player cam

Last edited:

Sedda

Smash Champion
it's supposed to be worth watching right now because they're running through the stacked bracket of people who qualified, so im guessing this is how mlg rolls? lol

sunday is gonna suck

- edit: they scheduled the armada vs hbox set to only last 20 minutes LOL

Last edited:

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
So I just got back from Bonnaroo. Amazing weekend, did some things I never thought were possible. I've got a lot of threads to read and will get back to making the rankings site a lot better.

Also, @ KeroKeroppi KeroKeroppi sucks because I typed his name in a text once I think during Apex and my phone saved it as a word and now every time I try and swype "keep" it autocorrects it to "kero", wtf?!
I went to Bonnaroo too!!!

Shears

Smash Master
I went to Bonnaroo too!!!
Dude I stood like 15ft from Elton John and got one of Nigel Olssons two drumsticks thrown to the crowd at the end of the show. I lost my mind at silent disco too. Literally went to Mars and then walked across the surface of the sun.

And Kanye was terrible, you couldn't pay me to go see Kanye again. He almost ruined my trip on the Mars express

Last edited:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
In like 70 days I'll be one of 2 people who have ever played both Jousuke and Gerson on console. Exciting.

Someday I want to see those two play each other (EU version, saffron city, bumpers on high)

Chaostatic

Smash Apprentice
What's your least favorite move (to play against, if that makes sense)??

I really don't like Falcon's up smash. It's too damn good!

Kirby's Bair is a pain in the ass too.

Oh and Puff's grab too. **** that attack lol.

Last edited:

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Yeah Kanye's performance was pretty spotty, he was much better when Jay Z kept him in check on their joint tour

The silent disco was amazing, but I think I was pretty close to a seizure the first time I went, with all the flashing lights, only a couple hours of sleep, and a little too much alcohol

Elton John was beautiful. Him and Neutral Milk Hotel were my favorite performances, the Flaming Lips not too far behind.

Sedda

Smash Champion
For anyone who cares, I released this yesterday:

sedda.bandcamp.com

You can download it for free by typing a 0 on "Buy Now." Check it out and tell me what you think! (seriously, I need feedback)

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
watching mlg, what i find to be really hilarious about melee...commentators are saying things like, "it looks like the metagame is developing and heading towards this technical state, with shield dropping and weak aerials...and was that a pivot utilt?!"

and i'm sitting here just like, we have all that...why are they lagging behind so much?

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
watching mlg, what i find to be really hilarious about melee...commentators are saying things like, "it looks like the metagame is developing and heading towards this technical state, with shield dropping and weak aerials...and was that a pivot utilt?!"

and i'm sitting here just like, we have all that...why are they lagging behind so much?
Pivots and shield drops in melee are stupidly hard for no reason

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i know, i literally could not drop from platforms when i tried playing. but i imagine a lot of things are stupidly hard and have been incorporated with ease. it just makes me think they're behind on the times haha

Top Bottom