• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
yo so i totally forgot that i told you guys i was heroic weasel

for the record

that was a joke lol

i am not heroic weasel and have never been heroic weasel

yeah

seya

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
hm i'll look into
yo

i was actually gonna ask you guys

now that school's pretty much over, i've got some free time

what's the next show i should watch?

i was thinking game of thrones because everyone seems to be obsessed with that lately

then again

everyone was obsessed with breaking bad and breaking bad ****ing sucked

anyway

im open to all genres really

do you guys have any suggestions?

-kero

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
you should be reading books

edit: and watching the booth at the end, and playing the wolf among us

Last edited:

Marthy

Smash Cadet
NNID
marth_lowell
3DS FC
0173-2031-9695
Switch FC
SW 1197 9118 8506
i dont make music. if you mean me recommending it, i am not good at it. besides, i dont even know what you like

i had written "recommendating it". wow so bad

what's up with this marthy avatar, marth looks like a wimpy teenager.
Um what? Its from Smash 4. He looks more adorable.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Allisbrawl said they were considering bringing back the ssb64 ladder they had awhile ago. Would anyone be interested in it or do you think the Japanese ranking system is better?

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Well Allisbrawl had a chat room where you could click on someones name and challenge them. You would play the match then both players would report the score and the ladder would update automatically. Here's what it looks like:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
elo would be good to include

i feel like clubba answered this already but i think it needs a date thing incorporated into it.

let's say it's october and ec and wc each have three tournaments leading up to apex in january. the wc guys don't submit the brackets, but the ec guys do, and then apex happens, and clubba updates it accordingly. if the wc guys send the brackets post apex, wouldn't the ratings get screwed up a bit? to ensure accuracy, wouldn't they have to be input before apex, so wouldn't everything have to be undone to the point then ran again?

i'm a fan of tracking wins and losses online for historical purposes but most people don't like that. and there's always the problem of people thinking others will perceive them as incredible if they boost their way up to 500 wins and 2 losses or something.

Shears

Smash Master
Well Allisbrawl had a chat room where you could click on someones name and challenge them. You would play the match then both players would report the score and the ladder would update automatically. Here's what it looks like:

You can effectively do that from the site now, I know its not the prettiest but I'm not working on it full time like AIB is. You can click on someones name and send them a challenge and messages, that person can accept or decline your challenge and send messages back. Once you have finished the match, both players report the result and the rankings are updated automatically. I'll add a chat room to the site along with other features I have received feedback on probably this weekend. Unless anyone else is proficient in the ASP.NET framework and its languages (I'm using VB.NET), then the progress and development of the site hangs on my free time and willingness to get the job done instead of getting drunk and tindering. PM me if you're willing to help (front end or back end), PM me if you have ideas or suggestions. Thanks for the idea Nova, I'll make sure to get something like this working soon.

So everyone knows, because I think the first impression was the site was basically a structured version of the Japanese rankings, this isn't a site for Japanese rankings, its a lobby for all matches whether they be online, offline, tournament, friendly, ranked, unranked, etc. Meaning, it will use the Japanese ranking structure and can be used to report Japanese ranking matches, but is not exclusive to it and is instead a comprehensive site for all things related to playing SSB64. Every match ever played I want uploaded, every youtube video I want attached to each match, every smasher I want to have an account created, whether they were ranked matches, tournament matches, or shooting the **** with a friend, I want it on the site. I want anyone, anywhere to be able to go on, find someone to play with, and have an indexed database of every smasher, every character every smasher used, every match every smasher played with every character they used, and every video of every match every smasher played with every character they used. You want to see every video and result of every match boom played you can click on his profile and be able to see them all, then click on the characters hes used and see each match with that character. The site isn't completely at this point yet but it will be soon. Nothing is impossible, everything can be done. As long as communists don't try to oppress our freedom and take away our individuality, then the american dream to go out and make and do whatever we want will happen and you can expect this site to take over the world.

Last edited:

Vale

Smash Ace
I found out today that music box covers of songs are actually things.
I've gotten nothing done except for doubling the amount of songs in my YouTube music playlist.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Oh look you quoted right for once.

Does everybody like my signature? It's probably the best signature on this website imo tbh.

and it doesn't even show up ; __ ;

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
that's weak as ****

but i guess saves a bit on memory or w/e if you have gigantic irritating signatures with pictures or large gifs

Top Bottom