• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i'm still rooting for the pacers to win it all, just as redemption from the bull**** miami pulled last year

but you live in maryland. if you save me one, i'll find a good porter for you and we can trade at zenith

madcuzgav sounds better than gladcuzgav

also tumblr is my spot for all of my writing. unfortunately, some people will post that kind of annoying **** and frustrate me

sangoku: i will report my own post IF AND ONLY IF you remove the first infraction, so we keep things balanced. if everyone raged at me over my one liners, it would be chaos. pretty sure knitephox found it funny, though. and maybe anyone who read him saying that before.

Shears

Smash Master
i'm still rooting for the pacers to win it all, just as redemption from the bull**** miami pulled last year

but you live in maryland. if you save me one, i'll find a good porter for you and we can trade at zenith

madcuzgav sounds better than gladcuzgav

also tumblr is my spot for all of my writing. unfortunately, some people will post that kind of annoying **** and frustrate me

sangoku: i will report my own post IF AND ONLY IF you remove the first infraction, so we keep things balanced. if everyone raged at me over my one liners, it would be chaos. pretty sure knitephox found it funny, though. and maybe anyone who read him saying that before.
I'll bring a six pack to zenith.

kys

Smash Ace
What is up with the Pacers? I can't remember a team imploding like they have the last couple of months. It's crazy how they were the NBA's best for a majority of the season, and now might lose to an under .500 8 seed. It's ridiculous.

This is the Heat's easiest road to the Finals since the big-3 era. If they get upset in the East along the way, the finals are going to be a 4-0 sweep by whatever West team makes it out of that bloodbath.

Officiating has been noticeably terrible. Did anyone see Mo Williams step out of bounds on the "save" that allowed Portland to tie that game with a 3? Awful miss. Or Monta Ellis clearly getting fouled going to the rim to tie the game against the Spurs last night?

Besides that, the games have been really good. I can't remember the last time I watched so many first round games.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
Officiating has been noticeably terrible. Did anyone see Mo Williams step out of bounds on the "save" that allowed Portland to tie that game with a 3?
this made me so angry

i mean i'm rooting for portland, but i hate the rules for that reason

iirc there was a foul called, and as a result, they went to the monitor. they then OBVIOUSLY saw that he was out of bounds. why not overturn whatever call they made, rule it an out of bounds, and keep going?

same thing when two refs don't blow a whistle, but the third does, the guy who has a bad angle.

yOLORIN

Smash Apprentice
Playoffs have been amazing so far, watched more basketball in past 2 weeks than i have all season. But yeah it's so sad how bad the east is, i really wish they would change the playoff format and group all 16 teams together.

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
I have a hard time believing people play with keyboard too lol I've never put grease on my n64 controller and it's been working good for a while.

Have any of you seen this lol! ka-ka-ka-kawaii! I didn't know Avril Lavigne was an anime.
This made me so mad I spilled my banana juice all over again

Last edited:

kys

Smash Ace
this made me so angry

i mean i'm rooting for portland, but i hate the rules for that reason

iirc there was a foul called, and as a result, they went to the monitor. they then OBVIOUSLY saw that he was out of bounds. why not overturn whatever call they made, rule it an out of bounds, and keep going?

same thing when two refs don't blow a whistle, but the third does, the guy who has a bad angle.
Totally agree. Why not make full use of the technology and replay at their disposal? I do like the under 2 minute rule so the games don't slow down, but that's about all I like about instant replay in the NBA.

The NBA needs to address guys like Manu and Harden doing that ridiculous hand flail after THEY initiate contact. It's not technically a flop, but it's some underhanded ****. I hate how players play to the refs. I know it's smart, but it's a disgusting mentality. Leave that **** to soccer and Europe.

Shears

Smash Master
Totally agree. Why not make full use of the technology and replay at their disposal? I do like the under 2 minute rule so the games don't slow down, but that's about all I like about instant replay in the NBA.

The NBA needs to address guys like Manu and Harden doing that ridiculous hand flail after THEY initiate contact. It's not technically a flop, but it's some underhanded ****. I hate how players play to the refs. I know it's smart, but it's a disgusting mentality. Leave that **** to soccer and Europe.
I ****ing hate Harden because of that **** he pulls! He just puts his head down and runs and jumps dangerously into defenders and throws his hands out like a maniac to make it seem like its a shot so he gets to the foul line but really traveled and flopped instead but since hes an all-star the refs never call it. Hes reckless and its such bull****.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Cobr, I can 'get' where you're coming from, assuming a few things, but you really should just take the path of being the bigger man here. You don't need to go out of the way to ridicule someone for the sake of everyone else, especially when it isn't really doing anyone else any favours.

Also infractions are conveniently linked to posts (usually), but infractions for a spree of behaviour can really be placed anywhere, no need to be pedantic about where the 'warning' is shown.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i'm not personally offended by anything anyone ever says to me, so i have no need to ever take the high road. i really don't care who says what, it's just words and i know i'll still chill with anyone, despite us having an argument or me not being a fan of them. it's just how i roll.

that being said, i'm still going to call people on bull****.

"you're being an asshole."
"no, i'm being honest. it's not my fault they always have to be the same thing."

but it's the PRINCIPLE OF IT! gawsh

further: drinking and watching the warriors game. there's a high chance i'm going to come back periodically and spew loads of nonsense to everyone. so be prepared.

Last edited:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
you're on the internet, there are no principles

im not sure if the sports talk is better than the obvious gr8 b8 m8, at least the latter didnt make me scroll past automatically

@ Shaya Shaya why is there nothing tues-wed and why are night shifts the devil

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
LOL, if you think me posting some news story then having cobr angrily lash out at me for no reason as if I was the one shooting people makes sense, then you are just as insane as him...I never pretend I didn't say those things but they have nothing to do with a fedex getting shot up. How can he be the "bigger man" when he's the one who started this mess?

Last edited by a moderator:

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
any anime fans can tell me about this?

http://kuro****suji.wikia.com/wiki/Ciel_Phantomhive

The censored part is "S H I T"

In 1-2 years I intend on flying Jousuke and whoever the best player in Peru is (Gerson?) to New Hampshire for a tournament. There will be a protocol to prevent cameras/cell phones at the venue. There will be 2 - 3 tournaments, with rulesets to be determined: Apex ruleset, Japan ruleset, Peru ruleset, Brazil ruleset, etc

Anyone not from NA is welcome

I would want these people from NA to be there:
Isai
Superboomfan
Bane
The best mains for each character (12 people)

The top 4 people (as decided from the other tournaments) will have two 12-character battle tournaments: (J) rules and Isai rules.

Last edited:

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
popping in on the tumblr conversation here from earlier

they're all a bunch of irrational minors with too much time spent on the internet glorifying their own matters to care about something that needs to be fixed or changed but do nothing in the process to help said movement resorting to bully tactics

they're the actual problem they are claiming they're fighting against, you cannot call for equality and fairness for everyone then turn the cheek and slander someone for their immutable traits or sexual preference or whatever else

i also think they're also kinda creepy with how much they romanticize everyone who doesn't fall in the category of white or *deep sigh* "cis", just because you're trans or gay or whatever does not make you any more (or even less) of a person than someone who isn't

also the idea of 'fandoms' is the most stupid idea and i refuse to partake in them because of them are unjustifiably ****ing obnoxious and shove their favorite thing in our faces even if we have no interest in it whatsoever and if you so manage to say one bad thing about their perfect form of media entertainment then you are scum and deserve to die lol

they have no grasp on the real world and are a bunch of idealists without any drive to actually put said ideas to and instead herald in their comfort zone that is tumblr with a big white flag donned on them saying 'im being a big help give me more followers'

ok im done

Last edited:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
kuro****suji, or black butler, is yaoi bait

if you dont know what yaoi is, i do not suggest you look it up

and you went and looked it up, didn't you

sucks to be you

Vale

Smash Ace
kuro****suji, or black butler, is yaoi bait
oh hey, i actually recognize the english name. all the overt anime kids at my school cosplay a bunch and this is one of the shows they talk about the most.

on a semi-related note: come to think of it, i think they are why i'm not a fan of anime as a whole. i've tried getting suggestions from them before and the shows were among the worst things i've watched. i have a short list of things to watch the pilot of over the summer based on previous discussions from here/other forums.

well, not everyone
Fair enough. They have irrational adults as well.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
yeah i saw something about this some time ago

wow, the dates are in the month/day/year format. not japanese enough for me

Last edited:

Marthy

Smash Cadet
NNID
marth_lowell
3DS FC
0173-2031-9695
Switch FC
SW 1197 9118 8506
:mario:Well, I gave up on the Ike Japanese voice thing. It wont work for me. -sigh- Anyway, how are all of you today? I just ate corn dogs, they were delicious. So I just got Ike's Lord outfit. Its gorgeous! But I listened to Red's new song. "Run and Escape" I love it! Still wish someone would make a skin for Marthy's FE1 outfit. I want to see those sexy legs.:luigi:

Marthy

Smash Cadet
NNID
marth_lowell
3DS FC
0173-2031-9695
Switch FC
SW 1197 9118 8506
Its a awesome track if you like their kind of music.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Yo gimme musicccccccccc.
i dont make music. if you mean me recommending it, i am not good at it. besides, i dont even know what you like

i had written "recommendating it". wow so bad

what's up with this marthy avatar, marth looks like a wimpy teenager.

Last edited:

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
i dont make music. if you mean me recommending it, i am not good at it. besides, i dont even know what you like

i had written "recommendating it". wow so bad

what's up with this marthy avatar, marth looks like a wimpy teenager.
Well I've likes so far Wellington Sears and the Ami Nu Ku Tuu. So maybe we might have teh same tastes? Cans you pls add meh on skype or somethin so you can recommend meh music? <3

Skrlx

Smash Champion
any anime fans can tell me about this?

http://kuro****suji.wikia.com/wiki/Ciel_Phantomhive

The censored part is "S H I T"

In 1-2 years I intend on flying Jousuke and whoever the best player in Peru is (Gerson?) to New Hampshire for a tournament. There will be a protocol to prevent cameras/cell phones at the venue. There will be 2 - 3 tournaments, with rulesets to be determined: Apex ruleset, Japan ruleset, Peru ruleset, Brazil ruleset, etc

Anyone not from NA is welcome

I would want these people from NA to be there:
Isai
Superboomfan
Bane
The best mains for each character (12 people)

The top 4 people (as decided from the other tournaments) will have two 12-character battle tournaments: (J) rules and Isai rules.
Awesome. Karajan, you are my senpai. I can only hope that you notice me one of these days. Embarrass

Top Bottom