• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Does anyone here use ps2/ps3/ps4 controller? What deadzone and controller plugin do you use?

Last edited:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Sup dudes? KeroKeroppi here!

So everybody knows that I go to tournaments fairly often and that most of the time some of my matches get recorded there. I also record matches with the other Koroshiyo member a bit, and now I'm even doing this new First Try Fridays thing (Check out week 2 HERE). The point is, new KeroKeroppi videos are being put out pretty often.

If any of you watch any of my videos and notice something I need to improve on, if you pick up on any bad habits I have, or have any advice for me at all, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Constructive criticism is highly encouraged. I'm really trying to improve as a player and want to hear what you guys have to say. I don't care how good or bad you think you are, any advice at all is very appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!

-Kero the Great

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings

So everybody knows that I go to tournaments fairly often and that most of the time some of my matches get recorded there. I also record matches with the other Koroshiyo member a bit, and now I'm even doing this new First Try Fridays thing (Check out week 2 HERE). The point is, new KeroKeroppi videos are being put out pretty often.

If any of you watch any of my videos and notice something I need to improve on, if you pick up on any bad habits I have, or have any advice for me at all, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Constructive criticism is highly encouraged. I'm really trying to improve as a player and want to hear what you guys have to say. I don't care how good or bad you think you are, any advice at all is very appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!

-Kero the Great

Play Fox more, best advice I can give

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Does anyone here use ps2/ps3/ps4 controller? What deadzone and controller plugin do you use?
what adapter do you use NOVA, it would matter

PS3 is not same as PS2, there is WAY more sensitivity aka u need different settings for each

i used PS2 for first few months of playing online (late 2010) and at random times with different adapters since then

on PS2 BOOM ADAPTER i would use 6deadzone/80range with a NEW/NEWER joystick. if it was a USED joystick i would UP the deadzone and keep range, there are NO magic numbers for this stuff

on PS2 with the DUAL PORT ADAPTER i would use 4/75

on PS2 with THIS PS2 ---> PS3 usb adapter i would use 5/80

i have no experience with any other PS2 adapters or overly used LOOSE joysticks

on PS3 controller WIRED or BLUETOOTH i would use 10/75, on a NEW controller 12/75 on my most used PS3 controller (SOCOM/UNCHARTED/LOTS OF RESIDENT EVIL 5 Mercenaries aka no 2d platformers [the best dpad ever made is right there for that lol])

i have 0 experience with ps4 controllers (yet)

good luck

O **** i forgot about telling which plugin i use, it's Version2 1.83 N-Rage

reference: http://members.chello.at/n-rage/dinput8/ <----N-Rage's webpage {click on downloads)

Last edited:

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Thanks for responding. I have the dual port adapter. I been trying to move away from dpad but joysticks feel so strange. I use 100 range and 25 deadzone right now and its hard to fast fall and dash dance.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
both of those numbers are TOO DAMN HIGH, i would try 10/80 and screw around from there

IF you have a worn stick

Last edited:

Vale

Smash Ace

-Kero the Great
I'm probably not the best to give advice, especially on DK, so I'll ask some questions instead.

• At the start of the game. You end up getting yourself killed after connecting with an attack. Were you trying to go under the platform to avoid the counter, or land on the platform to try and follow it up?
  • Blue DK seemed to be mixing up charging the punch with movement much more often. However, neither player ever reached and used a fully charged punch. Is there a reason that you both opted to throw out aerials instead of charge during the time between stocks?
  • At around the 1:30 mark, you attempt to use your own up-b to hit the other one out of his recovery. Was this just incorrect spacing/timing, or is there not a way to hit through him at that recovery angle? You switched to f-smash after that, which seemed to be a better option.
  • From 1:30 to 1:45, you go into shield a few times, including once after hitting him with an attack, rather than following up. You also get punished for shielding at the 4 minute mark. Considering the strength of DK's grab game, what options were you trying to avoid in each situation?
  • At 1:50 and 2:35, you use down-b while he is approaching you from above and at an angle. Is the hitbox on this move particularly high? What makes it a better anti-air option over something like utilt or repositioning?

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
I'm probably not the best to give advice, especially on DK, so I'll ask some questions instead.
Lol OK :)

• At the start of the game. You end up getting yourself killed after connecting with an attack. Were you trying to go under the platform to avoid the counter, or land on the platform to try and follow it up?
I tried landing on the platform so that i could follow up. I only try to use back air if i can immediately z cancel it or if the opponent as high damage.

• Blue DK seemed to be mixing up charging the punch with movement much more often. However, neither player ever reached and used a fully charged punch. Is there a reason that you both opted to throw out aerials instead of charge during the time between stocks?
Hopping around with DK is WAY more fun than charging the punch lol.

• At around the 1:30 mark, you attempt to use your own up-b to hit the other one out of his recovery. Was this just incorrect spacing/timing, or is there not a way to hit through him at that recovery angle? You switched to f-smash after that, which seemed to be a better option.
Incorrect spacing AND timing lol. I did it a tad bit early, and although it's hard to tell, I actually jumped and then up b'd as opposed to simply doing the up b directly off the ground. I was a TINY bit too high, so that through it off a bit too.

• From 1:30 to 1:45, you go into shield a few times, including once after hitting him with an attack, rather than following up. You also get punished for shielding at the 4 minute mark. Considering the strength of DK's grab game, what options were you trying to avoid in each situation?
1:30 to 1:45- technical erros
4:00 - I anticipated that he would throw out an aerial, and being that I was at the very end of the platform, if I put up my shield and it was hit by any one of his attacks, i would be pressured off the platform and given a chance to punish.

• At 1:50 and 2:35, you use down-b while he is approaching you from above and at an angle. Is the hitbox on this move particularly high? What makes it a better anti-air option over something like utilt or repositioning?
1:50 - I inputted the down b when he was still on the top platform, I was anticipating him to fast fall arial off the platform, in which case he would have been hit by the down b's huge hitbox.

2:35 - Uh lol idk why i did that. I watched that like 8 times and really have no idea what i was thinking LOL.

I hope my answers satisfied your expectations. :p

THE_MAAFIA

Smash Ace
@ KeroKeroppi KeroKeroppi I watched you vs fire blaster (The sunday tournament) and spotted a big flaw in my opinion, when you tried to do the same jiggly combo +3 times (I think it was the Dair to up tilt) but yoshi always got out of it, my advice is I think you should adapt to the match/player quicker and memorize things that work and don't work :)

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
D-air to up tilt doesn't work well vs. Yoshi's who can DI. It allows for quick DJCCs which is followed by well death

M!nt

Smash Champion
64 and 360 are both pretty good imo

I don't see how anyone plays with a PS2 controller, let alone using the dpad.

NovaSmash

3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
64 and 360 are both pretty good imo

I don't see how anyone plays with a PS2 controller, let alone using the dpad.
What's so hard to believe about using a ps2 controller? Dpad is like keyboard in some ways. Me and a player named AFT both use dpad. Better than having to keep greasing an n64 controller cuz the joystick sucks.

Last edited:

M!nt

Smash Champion
I have a hard time believing people play with keyboard too lol I've never put grease on my n64 controller and it's been working good for a while.

Have any of you seen this lol! ka-ka-ka-kawaii! I didn't know Avril Lavigne was an anime.

Last edited:

M!nt

Smash Champion
I actually kind of like it lol.

Except for how she sounds like kesha when she ends her sentences. Not that I don't like kesha tho just sounds weird for her.

Last edited:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Gentle men gentle men../

Greetings from the underground

Gouys, i can't **** explain how dirty i did tonight in pong

****ing undefeated all night with boy night

Literally rolled up to the party, stayed on the table all ****ing night

Fuxkinf

You guys can't imagine the **** i was doing

Me and my boy Brett though

Fuxking unbeleivqble

Yo

Yo Yo yo

SEDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAA

My ****ing boy!!!!!!!

Idk what your op was

But I think it was about art

Before I went to Oneonta, I got accepted to FIT and was originally going to go there

I was gonna major in animation

I wanted to make my own animated tv show:)

I still kind of do

What

Either way

Sedda

Whatever your op was

Yeah

I'm a ****ing beast at art

Anyway

Gotta bounce

Bounce bounce come on bounce

Everybody in the club with a half ounce

Not weed i meant coke, dumb ass, sit down

Yo

Aeriosuly tho,

Gotta go

Peace l

-ktg

Sedda

Smash Champion
Vale, I feel really tempted to change mine over to your masterpiece, but I wont haha

Kero, can you PM me some of your art, please? It's important (kinda)

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Boys boys boys…

I'm here to enlighten you on the ways of super smash bros.

LISTEN

everything you know about smash

i mean

EVERYTHING

forget

yeah

****ing foget

you think you know smash?

no

you don't

being a successful player at ssb can be simply describe in the following singular statement…

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF

dude

that's all it take

****ing believe yourself

it doesn't matter what skill level your at, it doesn't matter what other people tell you

if you train hard and believe that you have the ability to prevail, anything is possible

this idea that some people are naturally talented and others aren't is complete and TOTAL 100% bull****

i believe that every single person

literally

E#VERY SINGLE GOD DAMN PERSON

has the potential to be the best player in the world

you

who ever you are reading this

i believe in you

if you put your mind to it, you wills succeed

almost everything in live comes down to one thing: attidude

with a postie attitude anything is possible

if you want to be the best player in t he world

then **** what everyone else says

serisly, **** them

this game is not about having natural talent or being born with a special ability

it's about one thing

and that thing is the ability to believe in yourself

with confidence, anything is possible

one day, I'm going to be the best player in the world

i will do things right

i will let everybody know that they have exactly what it takes to surpass me

if i can reach one person

literlaly, even a single person, i will be satisfied,

who ever you are reaing this, literally whoever the **** you are

i don't care how good or bad you are

know that you have the potential to be GREAT and that i will always believe in you

if we all had the confidence to pursue our dreams can you imagine what we'd accomplish?

break away from the is bul**** tradition

BE YOUR OWN PLAYER

you have what it takes!

be the best!

beleinve in yoursef and make a difference

you have what it takes :)

Last edited:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
you mean Chic's 'Good Times' you ****ing uncultured islander

and joey i can tell you stories for days about my pong exploits

sangria pong, off the ceiling, shutouts, death cups, habitual **** on an every-thursday-basis

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
Boys boys boys…

I'm here to enlighten you on the ways of super smash bros.

LISTEN

everything you know about smash

i mean

EVERYTHING

forget

yeah

****ing foget

you think you know smash?

no

you don't

being a successful player at ssb can be simply describe in the following singular statement…

BELIEVE IN YOURSELF

dude

that's all it take

****ing believe yourself

it doesn't matter what skill level your at, it doesn't matter what other people tell you

if you train hard and believe that you have the ability to prevail, anything is possible

this idea that some people are naturally talented and others aren't is complete and TOTAL 100% bull****

i believe that every single person

literally

E#VERY SINGLE GOD DAMN PERSON

has the potential to be the best player in the world

you

who ever you are reading this

i believe in you

if you put your mind to it, you wills succeed

almost everything in live comes down to one thing: attidude

with a postie attitude anything is possible

if you want to be the best player in t he world

then **** what everyone else says

serisly, **** them

this game is not about having natural talent or being born with a special ability

it's about one thing

and that thing is the ability to believe in yourself

with confidence, anything is possible

one day, I'm going to be the best player in the world

i will do things right

i will let everybody know that they have exactly what it takes to surpass me

if i can reach one person

literlaly, even a single person, i will be satisfied,

who ever you are reaing this, literally whoever the **** you are

i don't care how good or bad you are

know that you have the potential to be GREAT and that i will always believe in you

if we all had the confidence to pursue our dreams can you imagine what we'd accomplish?

break away from the is bul**** tradition

BE YOUR OWN PLAYER

you have what it takes!

be the best!

beleinve in yoursef and make a difference

you have what it takes :)

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
yo

yoooooooo

i ****ing love key and peele!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they're so good yo

but sereisly

why is peele so god damn tall in this vid

yo

he has to be standing on something or something man idk

thats what I'm thinking

you?
u must be mistaken, thats charlie sanders the star player of the Rhinos. he's really tall

but ya man its one of my favorite shows!

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
Guy, I'm late to the pong talk but
I know you guys are competitive and my friends having a pong tournament next month. you guys can settle it there if you want. First prize is a fleshlight

Top Bottom