• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
possibility of a rager at my place on friday. could do early afternoon smeesh -> free sliders -> easton ball -> rage -> pass out -> study for psych of art

Sensei

Smash Lord
Smashfest seems imminent for this Saturday in NYC starting jimmy joe, thegreginator, and yours truly.

I just bought a refurbished N64 controller and 3 replacement joysticks and a new white gamecube controller today. I'm so excited! I feel like a 12 year old girl waiting for the newest twilight book to arrive!

FourStar

Smash Ace
Smashfest seems imminent for this Saturday in NYC starting jimmy joe, thegreginator, and yours truly.

I just bought a refurbished N64 controller and 3 replacement joysticks and a new white gamecube controller today. I'm so excited! I feel like a 12 year old girl waiting for the newest twilight book to arrive!
LOL kick some ass dude. its so refreshing to watch you :D

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
First off, I now understand why you get such a bad rep around here. You're reading way too much into what I said.

Secondly, what? How did I assume you didn't like Melee combos? This is effectively what I said:

Han Solo: "Yeah, Morino, Melee is cool. Here are some examples of why I think Melee is cool."
Morino: "I hope you're trolling. Those are too obvious. I hate you. You're an assuming idiot."
Han Solo:

Thirdly, I didn't just say "techchases". I said "Darkrain techchases", the pride of the Midwest. If you thought Bizarro Flame stomping your ass was rough, gtfo.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
I don't find them funny, it's kinda sad. But if the editing is all pretentious and ****, then it's funny, because you imagine that the guy think that's all legit, and that his opponent's bad DI are fun to watch. MG&W doesn't help as a character, but y'know.

And I agree with asianaussie (until now I've always read your nickname as aussienaussie, wth)

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
just got grimy as **** from balling up the past four hours

there's a reason my middle name is Olajuwon

can we organize a basketball game featuring smashers?

shot ballin, i remember he said he played a lot.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
every one who plays smash plays bball apparently

you, me, ballin, battlecow, jimmyjoe just off the top of my head

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I've been playing basketball a lot lately trying to get back in shape. I think I would **** everyone in the smash community in a 1v1. My handles aren't great but I have a good outside shot and I'm unstoppable in the paint. I can also dunk (not right now cuz i'm out of shape). I'll upload some dunks this summer.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
oh **** i'd definitely pick jimmyjoe up, i can see him getting dirty down low and popping from outside

i ****ed my shoulder up a few years back and never got surgery because a) i have a tattoo in the spot they'd need to cut and didn't want it ruined and b) full range of motion while playing music is a must for me, and i've heard too many tales of stiffness/inability to play thereafter. i chose music over serious basketball, so now i can only play for fun and not use my left arm anymore haha.

i'm always impressed by smaller guys who can dunk. my buddy imo is like 5'9, 5'10 and can throw down. i used to be able to touch rim but now i'm lucky to get net :(

i know a few courts around rutgers. APEX SIDE TOURNAMENT?

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
#weouthere #getpreparedtogetputoncobra'shighlightreelforSWATCITY

nah but the courts at rutgers are dumb ****ty. like you better be used to playing in worse-than-hood conditions. the park down the street from the student center got two hoops, one is 9'9 one is 9'7. the ones behind the dorm i used to live in are like 9'10 but triple rimmed. the aforementioned park are both double.

i think we could take the melee community.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
well, im asian and i play tennis, so i count, right?

(i embarassed myself last time i played badminton with serious people, they have preposterous control over that shuttlecock)

Sedda

Smash Champion
I don't even know why I suggested that. I don't play basketball lol. 64 vs Melee soccer crew battle. Me + Tacna vs whoever they throw at us lol

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Tennis and Soccer are my steeze, but I'm a little rusty.

After high school I mostly focused on lifting, netflix, and sleeping

kys

Smash Ace
I would make reservations to come to Apex tomorrow if there was basketball crew battles.

I taught Steph Curry how to shoot and John Stockton how to run the pick n roll.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
steph curry my dude though

#onlywarriorsfaninNJ #timetobulkup

how many people would tune in to a stream of that crew battle

kys

Smash Ace
I'm not a Warriors fan, but I'll be damned if they're not the most fun team to watch. And I hate the Spurs. Watching Curry go for 22 in that 3rd quarter and then seeing that epic collapse made my heart hurt. 16 points in 4 minutes? C'mon

And that woman who was screeching after every good Spurs' play...dear god someone shoot her please.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
the warriors are younger and have more energy and are in that first-playoffs-in-a-MINUTE mode, but they can't get lazy like that tonight. curry needs to light it up even more and they all need to GET ON DEFENSE

like how do you give manu a ****ing acre to shoot, jesus christ

the spurs, though, i mean they've been around the block a dozen times, they're used to the pressure, and are too calm to let a young team rattle them. they lost to the thunder last year but that game 2 was definitive - they learned okc and dismantled them iirc. they've got the age disadvantage but they've got the experience.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Spurs have been my team since 2000. Which is ironic because I wanted the Knicks to beat them in the lockout 1999 finals. But I hated Kobe and Shaq so much when they became dominant I started to become a Spurs fan in hopes that they'd take the Lakers out. Plus I liked Tim Duncan.

Spurs are old as hell though. I thought their days were numbered 3-4 years ago. The last 2 years have been impressive as hell, Pop is an amazing coach. Hope Timmy wins a 5th.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
But I hated Kobe and Shaq so much when they became dominant
how come?

i mean i hate lebron but not because he's dominant. the manner in which he went about his trade to miami, his flopping tendencies, his crying to the refs, the arrogance he has with the team off the court - didn't they wear black to one of their last games as a funeral statement? and didn't he and wade make fun of dirk in the finals for being sick? just little things like that irk me about his character. but dude's a phenom.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I grew up in Orlando dude. Shaq ditched us for the L.A. money. Kinda impossible not to hate the Lakers right after that. Just never liked Kobe either. Too arrogant and whiney. But it was mainly Shaq cause he ****ed over the Magic.

Also I grew up playing bball too mother truckers. I could always grab the rim because I'm 6'2. But I could never really dunk because I'm white.

Battlecow

Play to Win
you love bein kobe when you make the lay-errrr

til you realize everybody in the world ****in hates the lakerrrrrs

clubbadubba

Smash Master
cobr, you're thinking of the knicks wearing all black, and it was kenyon martins idea.

don't shoot me but i like the lakers, after my #1 team the wizards of course.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
I grew up in Orlando dude. Shaq ditched us for the L.A. money. Kinda impossible not to hate the Lakers right after that. Just never liked Kobe either. Too arrogant and whiney. But it was mainly Shaq cause he ****ed over the Magic.

Also I grew up playing bball too mother truckers. I could always grab the rim because I'm 6'2. But I could never really dunk because I'm white.
and now dwight left as well. for the same team. woof.

also, clubba, oh.

kys

Smash Ace
The way Popovich has plugged in fresh faces to what the Spurs do has been really impressive the last couple of years. That system they run seems to make even the most insignificant players able to give a significant contribution. I think he's one of the top 5 coaches of all-time.

The reason Manu was still open was because the Warriors decided to switch everything. Jarrett Jack thought a pick was being set, but it wasn't, so when he went to go switch he left Manu wide open. I gotta think Pop anticipated this move and planned for it. Those attention to details make a huge difference.

Top Bottom