• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
honestly i'd rather read kero nerd out over anime than have to read vomit-worthy **** about taylor swift

clubbadubba

Smash Master
@cobr, you mean vomit worthy as in you get those wonderful butterflies in your stomach like when you know something amazing is about to happen?

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
@cobr, you mean vomit worthy as in you get those wonderful butterflies in your stomach like when you know something amazing is about to happen?
the only butterflies t swift could ever give me is if she were about to swallow

if ya'll are open about liking her music i wonder what your GUILTY PLEASURES are

lord help us all

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
I don't find Taylor Swift attractive

I do like some of her songs though, Fearless on repeat all day baby

the only butterflies t swift could ever give me is if she were about to swallow

if ya'll are open about liking her music i wonder what your GUILTY PLEASURES are

lord help us all
Once you're open about that stuff it's hard to feel guilty about anything anymore

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I mean I've seen episodes of Pokemon, but I never followed it. Same with Yu-Gi-Oh.

I thought they were just cartoons though.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
My guilty pleasure is the same as yours, cobr. I like to play a 14 year old video game IN SERIOUS MODE.

@AtotheZ, fearless used to be my favorite song until the album Red came out, now I just don't even know.

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
we should have a side event at apex where the girlfriends duke it out

preferably with a mud wrestling contest.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
LoK seemed far too predictable and rushed, but I think that's because they were only promised one season. I really enjoyed it nonetheless and the action scenes were top-notch. I just can't help but feel that there was a lot of things taken out because of budget and they had to condense everything in a matter of 15 something episodes. The transition to Korra being an outsider and struggling with her bending abilities was far too rapid for me, and I really feel like there coulda been more but instead the story moves along far too quickly and introduces a ton of aspects. I mean, in the 2nd to last episode
Amon takes away Korra's bending but she can suddenly airbend? I don't get it and I think that's a slap to the face compared to Aang who had to LEARN **** like that. I would have love to see more exposition about her without bending and eventually learning to energybend, but no, it cops out and she gets all her bending back at the end.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Just beat Charles Barkley's Shut Up and Jam Gaiden, definitely worth checking out if you're into goofy rpgs based on the world of Space Jam

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
smrpg > paper mario

nba jam > barkley shut up and jam

i'll toast anyone in the orig btw

get at my hornets

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
The makers of CBSUAJG are making the sequel right now, should be out by the end of the year

there were so many parts where I laughed out loud too, can't wait for the next one. might play it through again when this semester is over as well.

and NBA Jam is my slam, my brother and I always make sure to play that when he comes home

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i have played chrono trigger snes as well as chrono trigger ds, and yeah, they were fun

i still dont get the almost religious way in which some people worship the game though

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
i have played chrono trigger snes as well as chrono trigger ds, and yeah, they were fun

i still dont get the almost religious way in which some people worship the game though
actually, same here. Similar feel to me for the Mother Series as well. Like they are really good games, but not the best RPGs of all time.

Anyone else has played what was left Crimson Echoes. I know Frogles has. Pretty fun (outside of the boss's HP's being ridiculously high as it was not properly balanced, still fun)

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium

Agreed, I think when it comes to the RPG genre in particular, people equate Nostalgia strongly into their overall opinion of a game. Im sure I'm guilty of it with games like FFVII, xenogears, marioRPG, Shining the Holy Arc, Chrono Cross etc., but having only played chrono trigger and FFVI in the last five years, I just didn't get what all the hoopla was about, and was honestly disappointed because I expected my mind to be blown given the hype over these games.

Call it blasphemy, but Chrono Cross>Chrono Trigger IMO. Especially the soundtracks.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Nostalgia is a pretty big thing when it comes to most video games I think. A lot of the games I play these days are either somewhat familiar to older games I've played, sequels to older games I've played, or older games I've played. Don't get me wrong, I have played games I never thought I would get into and really enjoy them, but that nostalgia factor usually plays a pretty big role whether I notice it or not.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
i think gsc>rby mostly cuz of cloning and my discovery of EVs without going online at all

also in rby growl lowers the offenders speed as well as other ****ed up weird **** that stat moves ACTUALLY do

learning online about EVs years later when FR/LG came out...i was then tainted by competition beyond my brother/stadium2 baby cup via smogon etc

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
I couldn't play earthbound cause of the battle system. It is how i imagine D&D is probably played.

Top Bottom