• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
I started playing D&D with some friends bi-weekly, and all I do is sit their and daydream about how I could be using that valuable non-girlfriend time to play smash.. I don't want to hurt their feeling but I may have to quit. just not into it I suppose..

Battlecow

Play to Win
I played DnD a lot before college devoured my time, free and otherwise, completely (3.5, of course; I don't think anyone still plays 4 but it's worth noting that that's not a real game)

It's always been crazy fun for me, back in high school I'd play 12-14 hours at a time and then spend the rest of the week thinking and talking with my friends about nothing but what was going to happen the next time.

Youth is capable of mustering that kind of devotion at the drop of a hat, though. Who knows.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Not tryna brag or anything but i called that amon and tarlok were bros and sons of yakone 5 episodes into the series. like sup. no big deal.
Please. I called the bartender at the Hog's Head being Dumbledore's brother. PWNED

inb4 everyone saw that coming

ATLA was pretty good
battlecow confirmed for anime

Well, I suppose it's because it's western. If it was from Japan it'd be garbage trash of course according to Battlecow.

I know for a fact that pokémon red/blue/yellow were objectively superior to the rest. Right Star King?
ಠ_ಠ

I don't like pokemon, but I watch werster's livestream cuz his rages are too good
Is it just me or are you never very positive about any media we ever talk about lol

I've seen werster's runs

Battlecow

Play to Win
Unless there's some experimental and radically different show I've never seen, Avatar shares no more with any existing anime than it does with many western cartoons.

Good ****in call @ Aberforth

The Star King

Smash Hero
IDK dude, I guess the premise of benders is sort of unique but the plot is, at its core, a pretty vanilla hero-saves-the-world story (inb4 flames from fans - I'm NOT saying that's a bad thing).

It's not like anime has trouble pulling that off something that basic (inb4). It's the most common type of story out there. I seriously think you would say ATLA is horrible if it was exactly the same but from Japan lol

Battlecow

Play to Win
I didn't say it was original in terms of plot; it's anything but. I just don't see it as connected in any way except for maybe art a little bit to anime.

Apparently Bo Burnham plays a lot of 64. Kirby main, and he acknowledged that it made him a ****.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Casual 64 comes up on reddit a lot and since it used to be my go-to timesink I'd always respond with real talk and there was always someone who'd recognize in some form. Google or whatever. Upvotes make people act smart sometimes.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
[–]mmmbop- 3 points3 hours ago

As a fellow Kirby player, it happens to us all. One day a lightswitch just turns on and you realize you're "that guy." It's sobering, but only for a moment. Just try playing with someone else. One time. Then, and only then, you come to the equally revealing realization that you don't care if you're "that guy" or not.
I wonder how true this is with some people here

Also:
[–]evmax318 -2 points8 hours ago

...which is why the Nintendo 64 was the superior platform.
[–]NonaSuomi 0 points8 hours ago

What, because of a plethora of unbalanced characters and stages?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
avatar was animated by koreans, lots of anime is animated by koreans

while pokemon black/white 2 are probably the 'best' objectively, the wow factor from rby to gs (and even gs to crystal) was just unparalleled (except the wow factor of playing pokemon snap on release)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I still think the 2nd generation was the best by a long shot. It's all about the nostalgia though.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
So I just tried Kailera kb play for the first time in forever, felt kind of boring compared to offline... The kb itself felt disconnected as well.

I think I have been converted to the controller race, wat

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
So I just tried Kailera kb play for the first time in forever, felt kind of boring compared to offline... The kb itself felt disconnected as well.

ill sell you my boom adapter i got in 2010 if you want, haven't used it at all since i got my RAFFNET

B Link

Smash Lord
ಠ_ಠ

Is it just me or are you never very positive about any media we ever talk about lol

I've seen werster's runs
n00b, I'm very positive about Taylor Swift

Dude the recently failed Gold run was GOLD. That was the most entertainment I've gotten from a livestream in a while.

And I know the face wasn't directed at me but I quoted it because it works well anyway.

Koronoobeki said:

ONCE YOU GO TROLL YOU NEVER RE-ROLL

Olikus

Smash Champion
I'll never understand how people over the age of 13 still like pokemon
In smash 64 there are 2 playable pokemon caracthers. 1 pokemon stage. And pokeballs which contain several different pokemons. And moltres fly in The background on saffron city some times. So if your over 13 years old. Well then I guess you dont understand yourself!

The Star King

Smash Hero
Lol guys check this out.

If that's not the cutest thing you've ever seen than IDK what to tell you.
You said that about the baby giraffe picture. IDK if I can trust you anymore.

In smash 64 there are 2 playable pokemon caracthers. 1 pokemon stage. And pokeballs which contain several different pokemons. And moltres fly in The background on saffron city some times. So if your over 13 years old. Well then I guess you dont understand yourself!
Dude I didn't know Moltres flies in the background.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
*facepalm

Sedda

Smash Champion
I guess it's just a preference thing. There's already been someone calling it nonsensical for people over the age of 13, someone who said that white/black 2 are probably the best, and someone who says that it got worse starting at hg/ss. I still like them all. I carried that ss/hg "tamagotchi" thingy like a ****ing nerd.

Top Bottom