• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
look we all know there's that awkward beginning of the relationship phase where girls don't want you to think they are skanks

kys

Smash Ace
I'm usually an online regular and host COOL ASS GAMES where everyone but laggers are welcome. But this semester has been a butt**** so I apologize for not being on as much.

But I really do think online smash is slowly dying, even though it's been a few months since I've been on. It used to be pretty easy to get a good 1v1 and there would be 3-4 solid 2v2s going. Now it seems like the same people all the time, regardless of the time of year. And malva doesn't stream anymore bc he has a girlfriend. Weaksauce. Go check that list of old smashers MATTS! put up and you'll realize the online presence we've lost.

Girls, like destiny, are a fickle *****. Find one that isn't and hold on for dear life. This is good advice, MINT.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
shotgun weddings might be throwing off the curve there

virgins are a bit trickier than 2nd date material though. Unless of course you're dropping smooth lines like battlecow.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah I was gonna say. Yeah, people quit, but I wonder how many new players have come in 2009. There aren't really less players than there was in 2009 if you ask me.

Barbs Jr

Smash Apprentice
I went through most threads and emailed myself cool pieces of info. Got to the point where I have about 10 pages of combos and tips for the cast from various knowledgable people on these boards, so Im going to compile it into a googledocs page and post the link if anyone's interested. Would definitely help aspiring players who have read the stickies and gotten the hang of the advanced techs but don't know where to go next

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
It definitely seems like there's less players now online but maybe its just the quality of players since most of the people are new. Also, now whenever someone host a tourney, there's only like 8 people who sign up or play compared to back then when you could fill up a 16 player bracket easily.

B-Town

Smash Apprentice
Definitely an influx of noobs instead of more good players, but the ones who don't quit will get there. I think it's because of the videos of Apex 2012, 2013 being posted on youtube with commentary and such making more people come play online as opposed to previous . That's how I got into competitive smash.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Online seems perfectly healthy to me. The only real noticeable decline was after brawl came out. And that didn't last TOO long because brawl sucks.

It seems to me there's a noticeable influx of new players on smashboards the past couple of months. Far more than usual.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Online is far from healthy in Europe. I remember when I started playing in 2010, there were so many different players with such a wide level range.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Europe has a pretty bad ssb64 scene in general though. Even at your online peak you were still behind Japan, North America, and South America.

Not sure why. Maybe because PAL ssb64 sucks.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
I blame the accession of Apple across America, If I had a PC I would probably play online.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
lol guys

i just made my schedule for next semester

except for this education class i have to take at 5 on tuesdays, i'm done with classes at 11 on MWF and 10 on TTH

HOW ****ING SWEET IS THAT

it's like everyday is a weekend :rotfl:

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I guess I'm just feeling nostalgic and want all the old players to come back, lol. People move on with their lives but I really miss some of them :crying:

.SHIZSEI.

Smash Cadet
I guess I'm just feeling nostalgic and want all the old players to come back, lol. People move on with their lives but I really miss some of them :crying:
Maybe i should play again for bit. The season is done and im bored now, ready to celebrate my freedom from basket ball with some smash.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Hopefully I can still play after college ends in 2 weeks. Well I'd prefer to find a job but oh well.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i hate that korra is set in like some 1920's alternate universe ****. Last airbender was way better.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Avatar is an awesome show. Korra isn't as good yet but that I'm optimistic for the future seasons. I feel like Avatar didn't get amazing until seasons 2 and 3 when they realized the audience wasn't just a bunch of kids and they fleshed out the characters a lot more.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
As a whole, I think ATLA is deffinteily a better show. However, i think that the avarage epiode of LOK was a LOT better than the average episode of ATLA.

ATLA had a few great episodes in book 1, but like Nintendude said, it didn't start getting REALLY good until mid book 2.

On another note, if you don't already know, LOK wasn't supposed to get a book 2 at first. Mike and Bryan didn't get permission to make more episodes until after book 1 had already ended. So the season finale was actually supposed to be the series finale.

Having said that, I have faith that Mike and Bryan will be able to produce more good episodes, but to be honest i think they should have just kept the original ending and declined the opportunity to make more episodes. I'll admit that it was pretty rushed and there were a lot of things I didn't like about it, but it did a good job at actually ending the story.

The only way I don't see book 2 having an awkward start is if they date it a few years in the future.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I also found the ending to be fine..I mean it felt like a deus ex machina but so did the original one (maybe the new one even more due to gaining spoilers air bending right after losing all her other powes, wait what. spoilers

Both series are fine. It was probably really difficult to follow up on the original.
probably similar to Nintendo following up on ssb64

Pro-bending was fun to watch though Hopefully it comes back next season

Barbs Jr

Smash Apprentice
I also found the ending to be fine..I mean it felt like a deus ex machina but so did the original one (maybe the new one even more due to gaining spoilers air bending right after losing all her other powes, wait what. spoilers

Both series are fine. It was probably really difficult to follow up on the original.
probably similar to Nintendo following up on ssb64

Pro-bending was fun to watch though Hopefully it comes back next season
I thought probending was the worst.

Loved the last airbender. Korra pissed me off, seemed like it had no direction, the love story was weird and predictable, and it felt like the whole Amon is a blood bender was some crappy thing they thought of last minute to tie the show together at the end. I still watched every episode and enjoyed it to an extent, but it definitely pissed me off.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
I actually liked LoK quite a bit. I hear that they are going to keep the same format, where every season will have a conclusion, without an overarcing villain.

Amon, IMO, was a much better and more complex villain than the firelord, and I'm interested to see who they will cook up next.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
I thought probending was the worst.

Loved the last airbender. Korra pissed me off, seemed like it had no direction, the love story was weird and predictable, and it felt like the whole Amon is a blood bender was some crappy thing they thought of last minute to tie the show together at the end. I still watched every episode and enjoyed it to an extent, but it definitely pissed me off.

Dude you're crazy. Probending was sick. And they were hinting at Amon being a bloodbender the entire series.

The love story was kind of weird and predictable i'll give you that.

Not tryna brag or anything but i called that amon and tarlok were bros and sons of yakone 5 episodes into the series. like sup. no big deal.

Barbs Jr

Smash Apprentice
Dude you're crazy. Probending was sick. And they were hinting at Amon being a bloodbender the entire series.

The love story was kind of weird and predictable i'll give you that.

Not tryna brag or anything but i called that amon and tarlok were bros and sons of yakone 5 episodes into the series. like sup. no big deal.
How'd you know?

I didn't see any hints. Then again I wasn't really reading into it.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
How'd you know?

I didn't see any hints. Then again I wasn't really reading into it.

Hm well i'm not going to write like a full length detailed explanation because that would take way too long lol. But i'll try to sum up the main points.

In the second vision Korra has we see Yakone bloodbend. They don't come out and say he is blood bending until like the 11th or 12th episode or something, but if you analyze the vision carefully you can safely make that assumption. If you look at Sokka and Toph they are making the exact same resistance-like expressions that every victim of bloodbending has made since ATLA. No other attack/ability that we've seen results in that resistance-like expression.

I noticed that every time Korra had one of her visions about Yakone it was either in the presence of or before/after an encounter with Amon or Tarlok. I realized then that there was some sort of strong connection between Yakone, Tarlock and Amon.

I noticed that nearly every time Tarlock appeared in an episode there just happened to be a full moon that night. Ever since we found out about blood bending in ATLA the full moon has symbolized blood bending. I assumed that they were foreshadowing that Tarlock was a bloodbender. I also realized that Tarlock looks a lot like Yakone. Both Yakone and Tarlock seemed to dislike the avatar. They actually have a LOT in common. Taking all of these things into account, I assumed that Tarlock was Yakone's son.

I knew that Amon still had to be related to Yakone and/or Tarlock somehow. At first i thought that Amon and Tarlock were the same person because they have a lot in common. However, I immediately ruled that out. It is true that Amon and Tarlock have several things in common, but they have far more differenced. They had two entirely different visions of "peace" for republic city that totally conflicted with one another. At this point I just had to assume Amon was Tarlock's brother. There are a lot of small things you can point out that suggested that they were brothers but there was really no hard evidence yet.

Then you see Tarlock bloodbend. Tarlock bloodbening is really the thing that fits everything together. Firstly, the fact that Yakone and Tarlock had the ability to blood bend without a full moon was no coincidence. This confirmed my theory that they father and son.

Secondly, as you know, throughout the series Korra has several visions of Yakone blood bending. These visions were Aang's way of warning her about something. We can assume that that "something" is a blood bender due to the fact that every single vision she has focuses on blood bending. Aang clearly isn't warning her about Yakone. Yakone is dead. She continues to have her visions even after Tarlock revealed himself as a blood bender, so obviously Aang wasn't warning her about him either. The only logical explanation for her visions is that Aang was trying to warn her that Amon was the blood bender she needs to be worried about. It was then that i could safely assume that Tarlock and Amon were brothers and that Yakone was their father.

As you know, Korra totally failed to see this warning and payed the price lol.

Like i said, there are a LOT of smaller things that back up all these points. But i have no desire to make this post any longer than it already is. You can pm me if you want me to explain some of the smaller things. I love Avatar. :laugh:

Top Bottom