• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

-LzR-

Smash Hero
No I mean you have to fastfall soon enough to make it useful but you still have to perform the uair soon after that but without pressing it too hard or you'll jump. I'm used to my Cstick you know.

Sangoku

Smash Master
You didn't get what I said. You don't have to press lightly. If you press up, the range value will go from 0 up to, say 100. From 0 to 20, nothing happens, from 20 to 53 you're in the tilting position, above that you jump. So if you lightly press, you need to stop within that range (20-53), otherwise you'll jump. But what I'm saying is that while you're going up with your stick, you don't need to stop between 20 and 53, you can continue going up up to 100. You just need to press "a" while you're joystick is within the good range (20-53). That way you can simply mash the joystick up while "catching up" with a. And that is faster than light push (it's harder to quickly light push). Hope this wasn't too confusing. Do you play online btw?

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I want to host a online ssb tourney when summer starts with a cash prize (and I really will give out the prize unlike MATTS!). How many people would be interested? Only like $25 paypal but it's something.

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
I
Wait cobr are you definitely playing Friday night not sat?
I made friday date night plans with the GF, but i took off all weekend :)
If CMU comes down, maybe him, sensei, myself, and a buddy or two would be down to swing to Rutgers.
@steve- Either way if you wanna come down we can def play Saturday night and then gots BHB on Sunday in Brooklyn
I could host Saturday night. joe and Jerry are down to play too. We could house whoever.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I didn't say they were the most technical, just better lyricists than Earl, who you claimed to be the 3rd or 4th best. I disagreed, so I put more than 2 or 3 artists that are more technical. Funny as you're writing off Jay-Z, Nas, and Kanye. Sure, they each have their setbacks as artists but they've been around awhile for good reason. And you call Illmatic the crown jewel of hip hop, but say that this isn't technical?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI-DRbf_AZk

Jay-Z has done far better than Earl on Reasonable Doubt, American Gangster, and the Blueprint

Kanye has very strong lyrics on Late Registration and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

GZA not one of the most technical from the WTC? Have you listened to Liquid Swords?

Either way, I'm gonna give Doris a few spins when it releases.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFYvDcjThI8
Oh, the post you quoted was me saying that Earl's technicality alone made him worth a listen. If you are going to listen to Doris I don't need that anyways.

As for what I said about his lyricism in general... it's obviously really subjective. IDK I think he's better than almost everyone you mentioned but I can't, like, prove that. Earl's good.

I'd go to japan if they hosted a non-bull**** tournament

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
I want to host a online ssb tourney when summer starts with a cash prize (and I really will give out the prize unlike MATTS!). How many people would be interested? Only like $25 paypal but it's something.
I'd be down for a tourny with no rewards. Would like to see an online tourny reach japan size big someday. :(

Speaking of online tourny, anyone interested in a last minute TEAMS TOURNY for tomorrow(420BLAZEIT)? y/n pls maybe
If not then I'll just have to prepare something better later down. :v

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I'm down for Nova's, might not have time for Combo Blaze's but I guess I'm a maybe.

Oh and Nova, if you do the tourney, you gotta have HARD DEADLINES for games to be played. Give people like half a week to play a game.

M!nt

Smash Champion
I'll play both too!

I dunno who ill get to team with me though lol

Froski

Boss of Bosses
Seems your pushing forward with your idea. I was seriously gonna throw cash out there, nearly 2k really. Whenever this actually comes in to play, let me know. I'll take care of prizes. Better happen before the summer ends though. Not gonna be around that much after that.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Seems your pushing forward with your idea. I was seriously gonna throw cash out there, nearly 2k really. Whenever this actually comes in to play, let me know. I'll take care of prizes. Better happen before the summer ends though. Not gonna be around that much after that.
B-b-but... Where are you going? :(

And if you're actually offering up 2k, we gotta advertise that ****. Some random people will start playing online just for the chance to get the money.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I was gonna give people a week to play matches but half a week may work better.

Thanks man. I'll definitely start it before the end of summer, I was thinking early June. I could host it earlier but I know people have school and exams and stuff right now.

Froski

Boss of Bosses
B-b-but... Where are you going? :(
...urk....marriage........

I was gonna give people a week to play matches.

Thanks man. I'll definitely start it before the end of summer, I was thinking early June.

No problem

We can discuss more later

Donate 2k to offline tourneys if you're serious, Froski. I'm not comfortable with lag spikes costing people big $.
I was already discussing an online tournament way before. Plus I do remember stating something about ridiculous DI (super macros/rapid fire) and cheats.......a lot of stuff to consider.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Mmm, gonna have to do the tourny some other week since I'll be going to Komo's this saturday. Oh well least I can prepare better now. We gotta get them tournys going men!

The Star King

Smash Hero
^I actually think that sounds cool even though I'm obviously less likely to win anything that way

Host a beast SMASH 64 ONLY console national tournament

Battlecow

Play to Win
Console > online

but in all honesty dude it's your money I'll be incredibly super grateful for anything

It's just for 2 grand

I think a big console tourney sponsored by you would be more rewarding

¨°PÞ-§°¨ Bane

Smash Apprentice
maybe putting in 2k for the singles/teams pots at APEX 2014 will bring some more people out

either way thanks dude thats super sick. if i participate in whatever it ends up going into ill try to play my best to get some entertaining matches

Barbs Jr

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys,

Been lurking for about 2 months now, decided to make an account and introduce myself since you guys seem cool. I like how pretty much all of the top NA players post here pretty regularly. Pretty cool since I had watched Isai, superboom, ballin4life, sheermadness etc videos on youtube before I came here, definitely didn't expect them all to be on one forum.

About me- I'm taking a year off between high school and college to work. Heading off to brown in september. In my freetime I like to jam to backing tracks or with buds (I play guitar), and favorite bands are RHCP and john butler trio. My buddies from high school have been playing a lot of smash at dartmouth, got owned by their nooby tactics during a vacation in mexico with all of us smashing in our downtime, and I decided to get good. I take getting good at things pretty seriously- so far I've read the entire ask a question thread, as well as all of the character specific threads (star king vs battlecow shenanigans aside, these were very helpful). As of now I've got almost all the techniques down, can SHDL and z cancel consistently, just started getting consistent with a few 0-deaths with falcon on DL. Going forward I'm gonna be playing online when I can, trying to improve my spacing with falcon and my spacing/comboing with fox.

Anyone got tips to improve my falcon game or clever ways to use pivots let me know. Looking forward to playing with you higher tiers once i get to that level.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I like your name Barbs. Falcon tips, just run up and usmash. Seriously, people are rarely ready for that.

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
Welcome Barbs.

I'm obviously pretty new here so let me ask: is smash getting bigger and bigger every year or is this just a fluctuation. It feels like every tourny I hear about has more entrants than last years. It's weird that smash is a growing community after 14 years.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
online always goes through the yearly cycle. More people always play in the summer, and otherwise it can be hit or miss. I'm gonna host the league again this summer, hopefully people join up and online will be legit

Top Bottom