• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Battlecow

Play to Win
yeah I haven't met a lot of yoshi mains either

but I have more experience with scrubs-who-play-constantly-and-think-they're-good than scrubs who don't even care and stopped playing when melee came out. Scrub-a-dub scrubs might like yoshi more than we give credit for.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Woah aa that's the prettiest Taylor Swift gif posted yet

Pete you gonna play FAKE SMASH? You could potentially make up for aa doing nothing.

Olikus

Smash Champion
we were a scrub gang on 4 who played everyday. 1 of us played allmost only kirby and a little link. 2 player played fox, and some pikachu and falcon. 3 player played equally link, donkey kong, kirby and pikachu. And I played ness, luigi, mario and pikachu.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
If my memory serves me right, the majority of the people I knew used use Mario, DK, Kirby, or Pikachu. Though I do not remember this game being talked about too much.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I have a friend claiming he's that good at the game (he first wants to unrust before playing me, he hasn't played in years) and he says he mains Yoshi. So I guess Yoshi can be popular among noobs. I told him I could probably beat him with one hand.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
a friend of mine challenged me to a smash 64 moneymatch

i told him he could pick the matchup

he said he would use kirby, and that i was to use link and we were to go to hyrule

:seuss:

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Anyone have any ****ing idea why my keyboard would continually make inputs like I held a joystick starting smash? I have no problems with it using nrage, only jabos..but of course nrage doesnt ****ing work online. I can actually PLAY with this keyboard but it'd be nice for it to work without it acting like I held a joystick. I'm not doing anything other than when I regularly play on keys.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
a friend of mine challenged me to a smash 64 moneymatch

i told him he could pick the matchup

he said he would use kirby, and that i was to use link and we were to go to hyrule

:seuss:
SIMCL (swiveling in my chair laughing). This is mother ****ing hilarious. What are the odds?

Also, playing one handed is awesome. I'm pretty good at it actually, I can beat a few of my friends who can actually z cancel and combo. Dash attack/nair/jab/shield grab all day. Mario is pretty good, puff too.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Anyone have any ****ing idea why my keyboard would continually make inputs like I held a joystick starting smash? I have no problems with it using nrage, only jabos..but of course nrage doesnt ****ing work online. I can actually PLAY with this keyboard but it'd be nice for it to work without it acting like I held a joystick. I'm not doing anything other than when I regularly play on keys.
stop playing on keyboard, noob

TANK64

Smash Lord
big news. I'm going to usa for nearly a month at the end of this year.
I'm going from the 27th of December to the 20th of January.
I'm spending some time in new York and want to spend a few days in new jersey when apex is on. when is apex next year so I can finalize dates? And is it possible for anyone to house me and a mate for a day or 2?
after apex ill be flying to los Angeles, renting a car and road tripping around that area fo about 2 weeks then coming home. if there are any smashers in that area id be happy to make the trip for some friendlies. wouldn't mind a tour guide either :)
I'm going to be in New York in December.
...Not even joking.

(djkflsa;jfk!!xDDD)

pre-empting tank
+ 1 Cheeseball

Woah aa that's the prettiest Taylor Swift gif posted yet.
Uhh, already posted that one...

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
haha cats. i have four cats
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Awf45u6zrP0

i was gonna see awolnation in atlantic city but my girlfriend and i are in a rough patch sooooo....guess that isn't happening....but damn i love playing that on bass, it's an ill line

but i mean nothing really beats some les http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qay5OSw-tQU
which i want to attempt to play and sing because let's face it biddies love it

but i only have two beers left and i will be drinking that and playing smash and tetris and age of empires and not jamming because my amp is at rutgers and not at home. guys save me from spring break

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
I'm pretty sure if I ever got mad at you for mentioning black people its because you were being racist not just simply saying "black people". Stop trying to make me look bad.

banze

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqXhHNZKiCI

just watched this. Man that hype. Did anything similar happen at apex for 64? If not its gonna happen on the next big 64 tourney with ooc players. So cool.
Oh, we really tried to arrange that a lot but unfortunately we didnt manage to get it done.
I was really hopping to do something like this ooc crew !

next time maybe ;]

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Those joysticks have their pros and cons.

The bigger deadzone does take a bit of adjusting to. Might have to change how much you tilt your stick for tilts and short hop up airs. Walking at different speeds isn't as easy either. Overall not a huge issue though, at least it hasn't been for me.

It does seem incredibly durable. And the joystick is tighter than any you'll ever feel. Might even be too stiff for some people.

Personally I think they're perfect sticks for online play. You can just use them and save your good sticks for console tourneys. I'm not sure if switching back and forth would affect your gameplay due to deadzone differences but I'm assuming it wouldn't be a big deal.

If you have issues with wearing out your good sticks way too fast with online play (like I do), I'd definitely buy some. Unless you're incredibly sensitive to small deadzone differences.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Thanks sheer.
I just bought 5 of them. Seems like a pretty decent investment.
The Hori pads are great when they're in good shape, but I want to play online more often and preserve those.

Top Bottom