• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
i dunno i think people are a bit too defensive i mean would you want me to say "bad game owned noob jajaja" instead? i usually compliment them at the end with "fun games" or "nice X" or "let's play again sometime"

M!nt

Smash Champion
I usually just say ggs at the end, but I feel weird just being silent the entire game, so sometimes ill say gg. I don't care if someone says it back though lol.

madrush21

Smash Journeyman
This is from Alex Strife's shout outs after apex: "First and foremost thank you guys for letting me host this. I know people were on the fence and some did not go but I hope NOW they everyone will show up for another one of these ( yea kinda confirming Apex 2014 but we still have to check our losses ). It was a honor to watch all the great play from everyone."

Also from Alex Strife:
"i only cap at apex due to time/venue constraints ( though next year we are looking at not having or starting at 128 )"

These hints are good evidence Apex 2014 will happen

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
3ds is like a toned down gamecube, it could be melee if only they chose to remove **** like trophies or event matches

i'm really hoping for ssb64+ more characters buut...

it will prolly will be a garbagy game based on the development teams of Tekken Tag Tournament 2(brawl of tekken series) + brawl

i mite get it if there's combos

Olikus

Smash Champion
Speaking of smash 4. Is it true that WiiU cant use gamecube controllers? So when playing smash 4 The players will look down on their controller screen while they fight? LOL

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure there's a "classic" style Wii U controller. I think it looked similar to the 360 controller except swap the right analog stick with the buttons.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I doubt that the 3DS game will be a remake of 64 and I think I remember hearing confirmation that it'll be a new game. Could be wrong though.

EDIT: Wikipedia and other sites really make it sound like a new game. "For the 3DS version, Sakurai wants it to be more of an 'individual' and 'customizable' experience where, hypothetically, the player could take a customized character and upload it to the Wii U version." That definitely doesn't sound like a remake.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
So if I go to Apex next year I'm gonna enter under an alias again. But not tell anyone (including the TO's) this time.

Would definitely be some controversial **** I'm sure. But exciting at the same time.

Who would rage if they saw me at Apex but my gamer tag was nowhere to be found in the entrants?

Battlecow

Play to Win
I would rage

I would actually recommend that you be kicked out of the tournament for ****ing up everyone's bracket to get attention.

Some incredibly self-centered **** to do that. What if everyone tried it? Who cares if it makes the tournament worse--Sheermadness gets more people to talk about him.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
apex 2014 sounds nice, hopefully i can go unless i am working. Hopefully there will be pools this time

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I know you would rage battlecattle. You raged last time, when I went out of my way to tell the TO's who I was, so seeding wouldn't be ****ed. And everyone called you out for caring about insignificant ****.

If I could enter under an alias, and be seeded properly without the TO's forcing me to reveal myself, I would just tell the TO's and they could seed me fairly. But clearly that won't happen.

So I'll do what I want. Luckily I don't give a **** what people like battlecattle think about me lol.

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
I don't see what the problem is. When I'm in tournament mode, I go in with the mindset that I'm going to beat everyone, no matter the opponent.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'm actually gonna make a thread/poll and nip this in the but now. If a majority of the community strongly disagrees with alias' then I'll submit to the greater good of the community.

Also if we discuss this now it'll be out of everyone's mind by the time Apex comes around. :colorful:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
I don't see what the problem is. When I'm in tournament mode, I go in with the mindset that I'm going to beat everyone, no matter the opponent.
that's you.

i mean by the time it's 2nd/3rd round things KIND OF even out, but for that first round - it's kind of unfair for someone to be like 'okay, i'm not seeded, but neither is my opponent, this will be a somewhat even match...' and then he gets yoshi'd on. homie's day is ruined- and probably the rest of his tournament. but i dunno. i'm always that solitary guy hoping for randomized brackets and saffron city being made legal, that sorta thing.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I know you would rage battlecattle. You raged last time, when I went out of my way to tell the TO's who I was, so seeding wouldn't be ****ed. And everyone called you out for caring about insignificant ****.

If I could enter under an alias, and be seeded properly without the TO's forcing me to reveal myself, I would just tell the TO's and they could seed me fairly. But clearly that won't happen.

So I'll do what I want. Luckily I don't give a **** what people like battlecattle think about me lol.
Come on man. First of all, try to keep an even keel here.

Second of all, if anyone who tries to make tournaments fair is "caring too much" about "insignificant ****," and we just sort of take the attitude that, hey, tournaments aren't the place to sweat things like seeding or rules, we're never gonna have competitive tourneys. Some (great) people would like that (han, knitephox, yourself) but I can also name a (I would say larger) number of equally great people who would not.

Han, I love you like a brother, but come on. You really think it's not a problem because everyone should be shooting for first place and if they're not they've already failed? Some people (I don't include myself on this list, but some people) can't beat sheer, and do care about whether they end up at 9th place or 33rd.

If we sacrifice fairness to appear cool because we don't care, we might as well turn the whole thing into friendlies. That's not a bad thing for everyone, but those of us who do like tournaments are going to be harmed.

Olikus

Smash Champion
if good people go under aliases the whole meaning of seeding would disappear. ofc its matter.

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
Someone go on galaxy and tell matts to pm me so we can play some console at my place in nj with the smashvann

malva00

Smash Master
my girlfriend can now dash, run and stop at edges, taunt cancel, fast fall, z-cancel, short jump and techroll. she needs to learn how to attack and avoid attacks now with Pikachu

can't wait to team with her at APEX 2014 :rotfl:

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
my girlfriend can now dash, run and stop at edges, taunt cancel, fast fall, z-cancel, short jump and techroll. she needs to learn how to attack and avoid attacks now with Pikachu

Looks like Nintendude just got dumped via smashboards post.. That's worse then a text message. Also Isai where can I sign up for your smash training course, or is it just a perk of dating you?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.

you're one hell of a guy

Top Bottom