• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I bet he won't. He likes to keep his real life and his fake life separate

Maybe you're real enough to him though since you've met

clubbadubba

Smash Master
oh yes. He is bigger than DK on a 60" TV, his beard is at least as thick as the hair on your forehead, and the percentage of his body covered by tattoos is not less than the percentage of light that is emitted by black holes.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
How awesome would it be if Star King really was the manliest looking mofo in the ssb64 community...

p.s. I've never seen him. But all I can visualize is the overprotected asian kid he portrays himself as on here.

8-bitBishop

Smash Cadet
Just played in and won a smash tourney held by the UVA gaming club today. $70 first place prize! When I got there, it was all laggy tv's :( . But then the guy said they were getting CRT tv's :) and they had a giant lag-free projector! Well done UVA gaming.

Tourney summary:

Was initially 3 stock, no items, single game, "don't pick a dumb stage." 2 three stocks to get into winners semi's, showed off some standard falcon combos and everyone was like ooooooooo ****. Winners semi's I played a pika that knew what he was doing (he could zcancel and some decent uair combos). I went fox on hyrule, was winning 3 to 1, then tried to get fancy and almost blew the game lol. WF got switched to 5 stock best of 3 because everyone left wanted to. Winners finals I played a decent falcon that could combo, so of course I went falcon dittos to give the crowd a show. Was a bit to close for my liking so I broke out the jiggly.... 5 stock and everyone's like wtf puff sucks how he do that? Grand finals played the pika that almost beat my fox. Went luigi cuz **** it he had to beat me twice. 5 stocked him first game. He went kirby, I went puff, 4 stocked him, tough very close to a 5 stock. Players weren't bad, a good number of them were zcanceling and stuff. Don't think anyone was quite as good as those 2 VT players, but the median player at this one was probably better.
Man that sounded way fun. I only wish there was enough interest in Utah to hold tournaments : - ( . I would have liked to have been there just to watch it.
I gotta figure out how to get more people interested in SSB64.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Man that sounded way fun. I only wish there was enough interest in Utah to hold tournaments : - ( . I would have liked to have been there just to watch it.
I gotta figure out how to get more people interested in SSB64.
Are you in college? If so you should find the school's gaming club (which i'm sure exists) and push them to do something with 64. A LOT of people played smash 64 as kids and will play it just for nostalgia's sake. Then you gotta get a few of those guys to play often and get better.

8-bitBishop

Smash Cadet
That's great advice, thanks you. I am not in college though. Maybe I'll try posting some ads on craigslist and KSL in hopes of finding some interest over here.
Hopefully I can find some people that I can re-introduce this amazing game to.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
So, MD/VA actually has a scene now. Thanks to a Melee connection I discovered a group of people (I think like 7-8 people) literally like 2 miles from me that are semi-casual trying to turn competitive. I hope they stick with it.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Look at Nintendude out there hitting the streets recruiting new ssb64 players.

What the hell are you the rest of you lazy bums doing for this community?

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
I'm teaching all my buddies who play casual advanced techs, making them try out training mode, and bringing them to east coast tourneys.
We're just to old(busy) to dedicate ourselves like Kero Bros. Crew, but they are getting better.
My one buddy plays a decent Yoshi for never having watched a video. I want him to play you at some point sheer to open his eyes.

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
Hey were is the setting to stop the curse word filters? When I sign in, i want to see when people actually say **** instead of a stupid bunch of asterisks. Otherwise I have no way to tell if they say **** or ****.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i'm going to TRY to get a friend to invest time into it like he did for mortal kombat. we'll see how it goes.

in other news, i'm single again. the last month of my college career might be the most ignorant and deviant month of my life.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Good stuff cobr, girls are for noobs.

Oh and you're all probably doing more than me for the community. I just wanted to talk **** and make everyone feel inferior to Nintendude.

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
Look at Nintendude out there hitting the streets recruiting new ssb64 players.

What the hell are you the rest of you lazy bums doing for this community?
If you guys are serious you should register on neogaf, become members and we can make this thread on there.

Froski

Boss of Bosses
^Good luck? I don't need luck, leave that to the superstitious...buddy!:cool:

Im pretty sure i can easily get peeps to play this game at my college campus.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Since when is boom EC?

In no standardized conception of regions does the eastern coast of canada count as part of the "East Coast"

I got everyone in your dum region except sensei, the rest of the CU crew has everyone but maybe kero/volt, and with Frogles and Firo AKA the hidden tiger hidden dragon MW stomps major face

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Since when is boom EC?

In no standardized conception of regions does the eastern coast of canada count as part of the "East Coast"

I got everyone in your dum region except sensei, the rest of the CU crew has everyone but maybe kero/volt, and with Frogles and Firo AKA the hidden tiger hidden dragon MW stomps major face
wait wait, i know you didn't just imply you beat everyone on EC except for sensei.

Played A$ today, ************ still has it despite not playing since... the last time i played him. EC has more beast retired smashers than midwest has active ones. wut

boom is EC. jaime is WC. don't be jealous that the midwest has ****ty borders.

Top Bottom