• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Thanks sheer.
I just bought 5 of them. Seems like a pretty decent investment.
The Hori pads are great when they're in good shape, but I want to play online more often and preserve those.
Jimmy Joe have you tried the replacement sticks yet? Curious what other people think about them.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Boom's canada, Jaime's mexico. Every game/sport does it like that. You don't say "Oh, I'm moving out to the east coast," you say "I'm moving to canada." Speaks to the typically low intelligence of EC residents that I have to explain this.

A$'s retired and SK lost to you lol

y'all got no one

except like nintendude and probably other people I'm forgetting but **** them

whereas midwest is a cornucopia of bosses, hidden and otherwise

And toronto is just as close to the midwest as boom is to new york or whatever, but we don't claim YBOMBB and crew.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Agreed, EC can't claim a canadian lol.

But MW can't claim Frogles either. He's never been to a console tourney as far as we know. In addition, I don't think he's ever played anyone from smashboards/kaillera on console.

firo

Smash Ace
Since when is boom EC?

In no standardized conception of regions does the eastern coast of canada count as part of the "East Coast"

I got everyone in your dum region except sensei, the rest of the CU crew has everyone but maybe kero/volt, and with Frogles and Firo AKA the hidden tiger hidden dragon MW stomps major face
I'm only going to be MW for another month. Then I'll be EC for two weeks. Then I'll be WC for three months. Then I'll be EC for a couple weeks, then back to MW for the (most likely last) year, then WHO KNOWS

8-bitBishop

Smash Cadet
Nah.....nah.....you guys got it all wrong. It's all about Utah. We've got the best Smashers around. True story, I know this guy who claims to have beaten the computer on level 9! And once, when I was playin' my friend, he pulled off like 50 percent of his z cancels. Not to mention I know this kid who can float all the way under dreamland with Kirby and recover! Crazy stuff goin' on around this neck a' the woods. : - D

clubbadubba

Smash Master
crew battle at next apex, EC vs midwest. USA players only. everyone throws in $20.

7-10 players per team depending on how many people show up.

also bcow, lets do 2 money matches. 1 tourney set, and 1 12 char battle

Sensei

Smash Lord
Nah bros, boom resides on the eastern coast of North America, therefore he is ours. Anyway, even without boom, we would still **** due to the collective talent and concentration of amazing and handsome players on the eastern AMERICAN seaboard. Maybe if Juney or Tiger come back, you guys might stand a chance LOL

The Star King

Smash Hero
Agreed, EC can't claim a canadian lol.

But MW can't claim Frogles either. He's never been to a console tourney as far as we know. In addition, I don't think he's ever played anyone from smashboards/kaillera on console.
Yeah, I was scratching my head about that

Because like

Battlecow was making it sound like console

And he pretty much confirmed it by bringing up me losing to clubba

But then he brought up Frogles

and I was like

n**** what

Frogles doesn't exist in console-land

He's never gonna participate in a console crew battle

Seems like Battlecow's just trying to make the situation as favorable as possible for himself

He's right about Boomfan tho c'mon guys you're doing the same thing. lol humans

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i heard frogles isn't even a real person.

I've always considered smash regions to be associated with server areas, so i've never really split up canada and mexico from the usa in my mind. I think of players regions more of where they live than what country lines separate them. Like Sensei said though, EC would easily wreck midwest without boom. In all fairness though, EC coast is more of a supercluster than a region. Its too big, and not a fair fight. Really gotta split EC into 3 regions to give midwest a chance at any of them (tristate, DMV, south)

TANK64

Smash Lord
FL too good.

On a related note, I hooked up my Smash today and lost to a level 9. True story.

Come at me bros.

Damn, I can't talk in edits anymore >__>

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm so biased lol frog defs doesn't belong

but let's be real we all know what a region is and EC is EC US

Firo you count because the PRESENT is what matters

clubba I'll MM you but **** a 12 character battle I don't roll that way. Some frivolous **** right there.

Crew battle is something I'm always down for

clubbadubba

Smash Master
12 char + tourney match or nothing. If we do just a tourney match I'll feel obligated to train just one character, and I get bored of that too fast. How about we just place an extra side bet on the EC vs midwest crew battle :)

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Southeast could beat MW in a crew battle. Especially once I teach Wizzy everything I know.

Plus it would only take like of week of practice with me for moogle to be borderline A tier again. He would be S tier if he never stopped playing consistently.

EDIT: Southeast melee moogle for all you noobs who think I'm talking about A$.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
A$ is borderline A right now, without even playing in the past who knows how many months. A$ for best 64 moogle

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Meh melee moogle hasn't played consistently since like 2007. Yet he out placed all of MW, except battlecattle (who he prolly shoulda beat), last FC.

And he was like top 5 in North America from 2002-2006/2007. Sorry but melee moogle da best due to his historical significance in the ssb64 community.

DC-NERD

Smash Cadet
^Good luck? I don't need luck, leave that to the superstitious...buddy!:cool:

Im pretty sure i can easily get peeps to play this game at my college campus.
Bring yourself and your cousin back to denver punk! I never laughed that hard playing smash before.

Also guys..what about the people in the dirty south? Are they just...non-existent? lol

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Meh melee moogle hasn't played consistently since like 2007. Yet he out placed all of MW, except battlecattle (who he prolly shoulda beat), last FC.

And he was like top 5 in North America from 2002-2006/2007. Sorry but melee moogle da best due to his historical significance in the ssb64 community.
Sheer we should set up a money match between the two of them that they would have no interest in playing and probably wouldn't even try in.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'm down. And you're right it'll be all about us.

I'll train my moogle better than you'll train yours.

EDIT: No idea when or if Wizzy is going to Colorado. But Da Bear will get what's coming to him when he does.

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
"East Coast" shouldn't be a crew.

There is New England, Tri-State, Beltway crap, and Florida + other south ****.

Madrush I might be going to Colorado this month so i'll PM you if i am going

Froski

Boss of Bosses
Dunno DC I don't really like being stuck in traffic (like last time)

Get Jessica to give me a ride...and i might......just might.:yeahboi:

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I think people really mean Atlantic North when referring to EC. Obviously the entire geographic EC would be pretty unfair as a crew. Doesn't matter though cause is Atlantic North is still the best region. Since MD/VA is considered Atlantic North it's really not even close.

Sorry MW but it's true. It's really the MD/VA addition that makes it unfair. Even with noob ass SK on controller and rusty ole A$ they have 4 players who could all compete with any of MW's best players. And that's not even including NJ/NY.

Oh and I didn't even mention Loto, MattNF, or E-Kel for southeast. Combine that we me, moogle, wizzy, and TANKLIN I think we could take MW too.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Not so fast cmu. I think keyboard adapters would have to be approved by a community vote before they're legal in console tourneys. A lot of people are strongly against the idea. And they do indeed give kb players a clear cut advantage over controller players in certain aspects of the game.

I'd vote against it. Especially if unseeded aliases are banned due to "an unfair advantage".

Wouldn't be a huge deal for me though. Certainly wouldn't effect whether or not I go to Apex.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
it wouldn't be THAT big of a deal if kb's were allowed, i'd just burn down the venue is all

Battlecow

Play to Win
I think KB's should be allowed

it's not like a sacred right though, obviously there could be such a thing as a controller that should be banned

I just don't think the standard unmodified keyboard is that controller

Clubba why the **** would I 12CB you I don't even play two thirds of the cast lol

Moogle's the ****in man and as such I'm sure he'd be the first to admit that he was a long long way from being able to beat me at FC

if he practiced online/practiced with better people/practiced more maybe it'd be a different story

but then, we all have an alternate universe version of us that can win the tournament

SheerMadness

Smash Master
battlecattle I don't know how you can possibly be so against aliases due to the "unfair advantage" they provide but then be for keyboards.

You crazy *******.

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
Not so fast cmu. I think keyboard adapters would have to be approved by a community vote before they're legal in console tourneys. A lot of people are strongly against the idea. And they do indeed give kb players a clear cut advantage over controller players in certain aspects of the game.

I'd vote against it. Especially if unseeded aliases are banned due to "an unfair advantage".

Wouldn't be a huge deal for me though. Certainly wouldn't effect whether or not I go to Apex.
Keyboards were legal at the last Apex. End of discussion.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
No, not end of discussion. Just because you want to see keyboards legal doesn't mean a majority of the community does. Your individual opinion has no greater influence than anyone elses in this community.

Keyboard legality was never discussed prior to last Apex, because pretty much everyone knew it wasn't viable option yet. This year it will be discussed.

Just like my individual opinion on aliases is no greater than anyone elses. If the community chooses to ban aliases for Apex there's really nothing I can do.

EDIT: Been mad bored today and been posting way too much on here lol.

Top Bottom