• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Battlecow

Play to Win
against falcon it works from around d60% up until like 80% with a full hop

I believe chan's numbers are in the ballpark for c-hop

keep in mind that people often don't jump out optimally, so it might seem to "work" even when it doesn't.

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
Two things:
1) My roommates main mario and pika. Does f-throw > f-punch work on them (what %)?

2) Just realized my IRL friends don't DI which means I'm about to pick up jiggly. Please post your favorite, realistic (don't be a hipster) dair combos.

P.S. A new smash cadet has just joined the legion

Channighan

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, cuz Samus is technically "heavy"? But lol fall speed. IIRC.

But yeah it USUALLY works with Fox, Falcon, DK, Yoshi is iffy, Link, and Ness?

I need to play this game more and more people need to play Ness.

:phone:

Battlecow

Play to Win
Two things:
1) My roommates main mario and pika. Does f-throw > f-punch work on them (what %)?

2) Just realized my IRL friends don't DI which means I'm about to pick up jiggly. Please post your favorite, realistic (don't be a hipster) dair combos.

dair-rest and that's it

god damn I miss the days when a straight-up dair->rest connected

ooh if they don't DI at all and they're like falcon or something you can fthrow->sh dair->utilt->rest

M!nt

Smash Champion
man I hate yoshi uptilt -> dair

might be the only thing in this game that makes me mad

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, cuz Samus is technically "heavy"? But lol fall speed. IIRC.

But yeah it USUALLY works with Fox, Falcon, DK, Yoshi is iffy, Link, and Ness?

I need to play this game more and more people need to play Ness.

I'm not positive if it connects with ness, but either way it's really hard for ness/yoshi to dodge it regardless just because of their escape options and the way their jump functions.

so yeah

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wTxu98f1_c

This guy attempts it vs. boom so it's confirmed
even though it missed

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
dair-rest and that's it

god damn I miss the days when a straight-up dair->rest connected

ooh if they don't DI at all and they're like falcon or something you can fthrow->sh dair->utilt->rest
Honestly I miss dair > rest a lot for some reason. It's embarrassing I know but I have better luck just throwing in a quick utilt and then resting. Am I doing something wrong? (lol obviously)

But can they Z-Cancel?
Nah. Last I checked we only thought Link's dair needed to be z-cancelled. I kind of doubt they are even super into that at this point.

Don't need z-cancel when you have ness yo-yo spam. Right?

Channighan

Smash Ace
Honestly I miss dair > rest a lot for some reason. It's embarrassing I know but I have better luck just throwing in a quick utilt and then resting. Am I doing something wrong? (lol obviously)

Nah. Last I checked we only thought Link's dair needed to be z-cancelled. I kind of doubt they are even super into that at this point.

Don't need z-cancel when you have ness yo-yo spam. Right?

You're probably just timing it wrong, but it is easier to just throw in a utilt then rest/uair.

Ness is ***. (Unless you really know wtf you're doing).

clubbadubba

Smash Master
puff on falcon is all about the fthrow utilt utilt REGRAB fthrow into anything you want because they are now dead

The Star King

Smash Hero
^Why? That's a real combo.

Too bad Tom asked for dair combos. And that's my combo.

:troll:

Nope utilt rest is just more reliable. Adds % too, so I would do utilt rest even vs people who don't DI.

Battlecow

Play to Win
man I hate yoshi uptilt -> dair

might be the only thing in this game that makes me mad
I'm fairly sure that it does not "work" work on pika or ness. I've seen it attempted often and occasionally it connects but in every such instance they jump into it or don't jump out. If it does work, it's within a much tighter array of circumstances than it's used in.

I never see it used on DK. Does it work?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
It works on heavy characters. Link, Falcon, DK, Yoshi, Fox.

I use it on Killer sometimes. Cause his ******** DI makes up air combos useless, which pisses me off so I just go super gay on him lol.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Nah he can DI out of anything. But one uptilt into dair still racks up a significant amount of damage on him.

Anything to get damage on him since his stupid DI doesn't allow me to combo him. Ugh I hate playing Killer.

rpotts

Smash Lord
Two things:

1) You might be able to land fthrow -> double jump FP on those chars if your friends aren't great at jumping/upbing out. I don't think it actually connects but it's pretty close and will likely work if you do it well enough/they don't react accordingly. I'd try it around 40-45 on Pika, maybe up to 50 on Mario. Make sure to fthrow -> dash -> full hop -> double jump quickly, with maybe a short pause of just a few frames between the two jumps to get some extra height.

2) Fthrow -> FH uair -> FF uair -> SH dair -> utilt -> reverse pound x2 -> rest.

:troll:

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
i know ****ing keyboards right? lets ban them from console tourney's preemptively
Now that I've seen how easy/interesting it is to make, even though I'm not a kb player I feel like making one....

in a year or 2 on sk/killer's budget :troll:

EDIT: I wonder if buffering with such a controller would work or blowup a console

SheerMadness

Smash Master
If you try to up air Killer under dreamland's top platform he will DI up and onto the top platform every time. So get that crap out of here SK.

And I play on dreamland 99% of the time.

B Link

Smash Lord
^Ricky you seemed good when I played you on 7-9 frames or whatever, but I can barely play at 4+ frames so I dunno what to conclude

RickySSB

Smash Ace
I can't explain that, I play so fluently even in 10 frames lol
I use to play always on 5 frames.

swanized

Smash Cadet
Why do you like Smash N64

Honest question here,

I play melee mainly and barely touched smash on N64 so I was wondering, why do you guys like playing The N64 version over melee? What makes it better to you guys?

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Honest question here,

I play melee mainly and barely touched smash on N64 so I was wondering, why do you guys like playing The N64 version over melee? What makes it better to you guys?
Melee has like no combos. Also it seems like a lot of Melee comes down to tech skill. There's a fairly high tech skill barrier to cross before you can even be decent.

I've never played melee really but that's the impression I get from people on the boards / youtube videos.

Top Bottom