• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

M!nt

Smash Champion
^wow spam much?
I don't think there is one happening soon. You'll just have to look through the tournament board, or make one yourself.

DMoogle

A$
>Eager to spend his birthday at a day-long circlejerk an atheism rally

>Requires a profit of $65 or more to attend a 64 tourney

Grrrr, I'd harbor feelings of ill-will towards you if you didn't have the same birthday as my sister. Wait, are you my sister? That would explain so little...
It should be a fun and unique experience. There are always opportunities that can be made to play smash. Besides, this rally is in D.C., like 1/2 an hour from my parents' house. And I'm not going alone; a lot of people in my school's freethinkers group are going.

I might be your sister.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?Is there a tournament for super smash bro 64?? In california?

TANK64

Smash Lord
wait are you flying up or driving? Cuz if your driving you should make an EC tour that involves me
My bro I was flying to see said he was coming down for spring break so I just canceled, but def need to do a US tour soon.

Also, you avatar is so PRO btw. + 1 Rep.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
guy QQs because he isn't the best in the world at something

high expectations much?

also 13 year olds tend to suck at games even if they practice all the time, because they are dumb. so if you can't beat them you suck. and for most games to become decent (e.g. better than 90% of the people online) all you have to do is go online and look up the strats that really good people use and copy them (obviously there is some practice involved here but usually not a ridiculous amount). obviously this guy never did that for any game or else he would have found smashboards etc.

massive lol at the guy in the comments talking about how he and his friends are the best at 64 though. of course he says "it's all about ness baby" too. LMAO

Battlecow

Play to Win
13 year olds can be good at games. Chillindude from melee. Also the 3rd best player at my school (out of like 20 guys incl. me and fynal) is like 12-14ish

It takes serious practice time to be any good at something because the tips generally take a little basic knowledge to implement. Example: The guy you give smash advice to is probably not going to win any games against experienced noobs for at least a week or so.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
yeah i never said 13 year old couldn't be good. it's just that most of them suck (although tbh most people of all ages suck. i just think 13 year olds tend to be worse cuz they don't usually play smart).

i agree with the latter part. obviously it takes practice to be good - i'm just saying that if you are smart about it you don't have to play 24/7 (like the article implies) to be better than 90% of the people online.

M!nt

Smash Champion
"I would come out on top for everyone but Samus and Luigi. But f*** Samus and Luigi."
I'm dying, It's funny how he writes that the only people that can beat him are nerds that practice 24/7, when by the looks of it a casual kaillera player could.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Nobody knows where he lives? I hate how every noobs think they're the best at that game... Unfortunately it rarely happens to me, otherwise I'm always more than glad to **** their ***, even if I'm a big noob too.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Does anyone have that code that makes it so 1p can unpause everyone?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
sounds really tempting, actually

any way to commentate while streaming? that would be a fun way to eat up time

switched to smash blue because vibrant is being ********

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Random note for today, seems to be a SSB64 player's 7th anniversary on this site, happy anniversary to Valoem

TANK64

Smash Lord
Valoem for best commentator! and happy anniversary <3 , wtf 7 years is a long time o__O

Also, got my Hori today, super weird (and small). On the screen I'm doing fine, but I feel like I have no control lol.

Listening to Zeds Dead- Coffee Break mix on repeat. Perfect for relaxing and surfing the web :)

Olikus

Smash Champion
im always sleepy these days

and if im going to stream its basically gonna be a toss-up between me sounding sleepy and getting more viewers, or having no viewers and not being sleepy (and probably nobody to play, blah)
well at least your new avatar is pretty cool.

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Nobody knows where he lives? I hate how every noobs think they're the best at that game...

I'm da bess...

at Sonic Advance 2. ;Da

SmashShark said:
I loved beating the crap out of people at Smash Brothers who thought they were good because they could consistently beat their circle of friends. I’d pretend I was on their skill level, then challenge them to a money match. From that point forward it was a mere matter of Waveshining them to tears. Oh, those precious tears and how they sustained me in college.
Sounds like Battlecow. lol
Some funny comments in that link.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
ok so

i have 9 recorded matches with live commentary (matches themselves were ok)

but the itunes audio (persona 4 game music) i had playing was about four times as loud as i thought it was gonna be, and hence my voice is only barely audible

i sent the audio through some low pass filters so it's slightly easier to hear, but it's still a bit meh...should i bother uploading them?

SSBPete

Smash Lord
ok so

i have 9 recorded matches with live commentary (matches themselves were ok)

but the itunes audio (persona 4 game music) i had playing was about four times as loud as i thought it was gonna be, and hence my voice is only barely audible

i sent the audio through some low pass filters so it's slightly easier to hear, but it's still a bit meh...should i bother uploading them?
if its really that bad just remove the sound and re-commentate what you said

Battlecow

Play to Win
Honestly I wouldn't watch 'em if they didn't have your beautiful voice clearly audible, cheesy.

PUMPED for tacna vids.

M!nt

Smash Champion
I hate pikachu. I hate him soooooo much.
he is now my least favorite pokeman.

Top Bottom