• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

ballin4life

Smash Hero
i'm looking back at my old youtube videos from 2 years ago and fondly remembering the time when I used to actually make combos and play people rather than just troll people on smashboards

SSBPete

Smash Lord
i'm looking back at my old youtube videos from 2 years ago and fondly remembering the time when I used to actually make combos and play people rather than just troll people on smashboards
i used to watch those combos religiously, while worshiping you
your combos were inspirational. i aspired to have a fraction of the skill you had
every day i would practice falcon uair chains and basic yoshi combos with the hope of one day being able to make combos like you could
i would watch your falcon combos over and over and practice them until my hands were sore and crippled just to replicate some of the style you had

i commented your videos saying how you were one of the 'greats' in the art of combos. you replied 'thanks but im not great'. so modest.

it took about a year of intense practice before i could almost match you, then all of a sudden you release the much anticipated 'fox on falcon' series
i almost cired of envy
i swore from that day onward i would surpass any apparent limit my skill had until i could produce a combo even greater

i practiced and practiced but i could never get close to the abilities you showed
i only had one choice...fox
i played fox incredibly poorly. i had enormous difficultly using the shdl technique, let alone shine jabs and other high level fox tools.
i started playing a lot more online, maining fox and even using fox in a console tournement
i could see the change happening before my eyes. he went from my unplayable character list (which included fox and ness at the time) to my fastest, most powerful and technically skilled character in a matter of months

i had exceeded my limitations once again and almost considered myself an equal to the great ballin. i just had to prove it.

i watched you and prince defile training mode with the 2nd ranked character. i analysed every movement, every step, every nuance until i could initiate a combo of my own

i engineered every point in my combo to excellence. i used reverse fairs instead of fairs, laser jabs instead of jabs and extra hits wherever possible
it took me months to establish a solid foundation for this combo but eventually i was succesful. unfortunately, one thing was missing...the ending

i repeatedly watched the tornado ending of your combo, ballin.
i knew mine had to match it
after processing every outcome of every finisher, i knew what had to be done

it came to me in a vision - the reverse tipped upsmash

it was time to start recording. it took me about a month of solid hard work but it paid off.
i got to the end of my combo multiple times, and hit the upsmash, but every time falcon would survive the blast zone.

i couldnt believe it, my combo came to a dead end.
i would never be like the great ballin, my biggest inspiration to use training mode

i stupidly repeated my fox on falcon over and over, day in day out with the bleak hope of success. i even began to count the amount of drill hits i used

something strange occured to me. if i used too many drills i would miss the upsmash, too few and falcon would survive. there was only one value left for me to try, i knew it would work, it had to, it was destiny.

i finally managed to get the amount of drills. my heart was pulsating rapidly, could this be it?!
tragically, i lost focus and uaired instead. this happened over and over. i miss timed the upsmash, i didnt dash or i used an airal attack instead.
i simply could not land this combo.
i was on the verge of giving up. the season was summer and every time i attempted the combo, i got frustrated and upset.

'this is it, if i cant land this combo now then i'm putting in the to-do-in-the-future pile' i thought to myself. that wasnt a good pile, many a good combo has not seen the light of day because of it.

i was exhausted and sweaty. my back was glued to my seat, if i couldnt accomplish this now, then i most certainly wouldnt for a very, very long time

i attempted it one last time. my movement was more fluid this time, my jumps, jabs and drills were all perfectly accurate. i had it this time, i could feel it!
the laser was flawless, the re-jab, even better. i was doing it, i was about to surpass the best!

i got to the final upsmash, i dashed at the exact right time and touched falcon with the tip of fox's toes. fox was at the very edge of hyrule, any futher and he wouldve fallen. if this didnt finish falcon then it was absolutely positive nothing could. i watched as falcon flew threw the air, it all happened in slow motion.

'arghhh' i heard falcon cry as i jumped out of my seat in pure excitement. i had done it, i had achieved immortality

it was the turning point in my smash career. from that point on i knew i could only ascend and maybe one day become the best

true story

now you're just a washed up n00b

Battlecow

Play to Win
Pete, ****ing inspiring man

ballin you should play smash again

I swore I'd defeat you next time I was in the bay area and it's no fun if you're washed up.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
That was inspiring pete. Post a link to the specific combo would ya?

So.. I was playing basketball in a league game, got lowbridged in the air, sent into a spin, and landed hard on my left hand dislocating the elbow :(

:phone:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
That was inspiring pete. Post a link to the specific combo would ya?

So.. I was playing basketball in a league game, got lowbridged in the air, sent into a spin, and landed hard on my left hand dislocating the elbow :(

:phone:
Oh man that blows. How long you out? Can you still smash cuz that would be a great way to spend your time

Sangoku

Smash Master
Smashboards shows me there are new posts in the 64 section, but when I come, I don't see any thread containing new posts. Has it ever happened to someone?

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
if you press back then the previous address has not been refreshed
and i also love smash. smash teaches you to interpret life differently and makes you humble(exceptions:narrcissists ie MaNg0, mental illness)

Battlecow

Play to Win
That happened to me the other day too, actually

check for locked threads, gotta read them too.

Edit: happening to me right now, lol.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
just now, google aimed ads at me....3 clicks later i found this site selling gameshark pro 3.0, 3.2, and 3.3 might be wanted by SOMEONE considering how low cost it is compared to ebay

http://www.lukiegames.com/_p_9803.html

lol just checked a few from ebay....some dont seem so legit, and more are posted than usual

o.O

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^ xD. Also just made up my mind that I'm just going to release my combos in my own vid. Since that community vid is, like, never coming out.

EDIT: How is this a callout? I guess I have to respond then hu, or else I'm "all-bark-no-bite." Also how come the new Youtube sucks and doesn't have the normal video response button :mad:

EDIT: Like seriously, unless there is already responses there is no "respond to this video" spot >____> even if they're turned on.

EDIT: Ok, googled it. You have to just click the comment part then it shows lol.

@KnitePhox. ROFLMFAO, yoooooo. I just got home, and there was a gameshark 3.2 in my mail. Forgot I was drinking then went online shopping last week. Just remember lmao. Also should have a hori mini on the way!

PWND!

ballin4life

Smash Hero
calling you out because you said you were gonna do a shine dsmash combo two years ago man!

like i said i'm pretty sure i have one written down somewhere. if i find it i'll post it.

TANK64

Smash Lord
^^lol Ricky

also that GameShark was 3.3 !!!! My taste for the best was still in tact ;)

PWND!!

Now time to look for that nice cheat file...

EDIT: Viewing 64 section: The G Mang. hahaha

tyhiggz

Smash Apprentice
I'm a couple days late on the response, but damn, pete, that is a fantastic story.
I feel like I owe you money for reading that.

Also, your yoshi is my hero.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Comment on ballin's vid:

you didn't know you could do this? i accidentally drill>dtilt>fsmash against the **** tent with kirby last night

Quest19882k2 il y a 2 ans
Lol looks like this guy didn't understand what happened.

M!nt

Smash Champion
I think he's making a joke, but what do I know, my internet trolling detector is basically useless.

Battlecow

Play to Win
>Eager to spend his birthday at a day-long circlejerk an atheism rally

>Requires a profit of $65 or more to attend a 64 tourney

Grrrr, I'd harbor feelings of ill-will towards you if you didn't have the same birthday as my sister. Wait, are you my sister? That would explain so little...

Top Bottom