• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Olikus

Smash Champion
yep for once I had a descent question. My best one since my famous pokemon radio question for soulsilver.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
sw96 for poster of the year?

Somebody should make a combo video of all the standard combo's. Nothing flashy, just practical combo's that every good player should be able to pull off in a game. I know I would benefit from it. I'd make it myself but I suck

clubbadubba

Smash Master
someone, i think megavolt, mentioned that you can "di" falcon's up-b. That made me wonder, can you di grabbing the ledge when recovering? We've all had that no ****ing way did he/I grab the edge moment, could that be why?

malva00

Smash Master
dang Jousuke has much better 5 frame charge shot samus ditto defense than me

when he's charging on the ground and facing me, seems like he's ready for any attack

Olikus

Smash Champion
could someone link to the smash facebook group? since it got removen to teh social group I cant find it :p

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
hey guys,
im going to a video game club party at my school and one of the games they will playing is ssb.
I played 64 for a long time before i got my gcube and i want to school some people with DK.
i am proficient with most ats like sh, ff zcancel using b to turn around cancelling down b by holding back ect
what should i practice. it is most likely they will want to play with items. items+DK= no stock

SSBPete

Smash Lord
Somebody should make a combo video of all the standard combo's. Nothing flashy, just practical combo's that every good player should be able to pull off in a game. I know I would benefit from it. I'd make it myself but I suck
i'll do it when i get some spare time :)

p.s. i've always thought it would be a good idea, i just didnt think anyone else did so i never ended up doing it

asianaussie

Smash Hero
BnB combo movies exist for basically all fighters, traditional and otherwise, except smash

probably because there's a lot to take into account in terms of weight and damage

but it'd be good to get one out, get people to give advice as to what basic combos should be added

Peek~

Smash Lord
Also incase you dont know Bread and Butter is not the term for smash64, its bread and BEEF now.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
royal rumble 6/10 for me

big show dropping bryan seemed to be a botch, punk - ziggler was good as always as one would expect, but the actual royal rumble match to me paled in comparison to last year's; lots of cameo appearances but not really any magical moments, and bleargh sheamus

clubbadubba

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQGBZzmHqFg

might fit your request for a combo video of basic combos
not bad, certainly along the lines of what I was asking for. A few of the combo's didn't connect though, and a LOT of them are drill heavy, aka let me DI out of this real easy. Pete if you do make one, I think avoiding easily DI'able combo's would be important. Also you would be awesome if you made one!

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Guess I wasn't around back then, but was decent DI not common back then? I imagine the 30 frame Excellent connection wasn't good for DI either

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i've decided that the league of legends community are the same group people who enjoy burning small animals and complain endlessly about what i reluctantly call 'first world problems'

they can go die in a sewer, im done with that game

M!nt

Smash Champion
It's still a pretty fun game, haven't played it in a while, but just don't get involved with the community and play with people you know.

RickySSB

Smash Ace
It's confusing, when i'm gonna retire myself, I found some friends to play SmashBros.
And record some battles.

Confusing.... Is the fate?

M!nt

Smash Champion
Playing this game that far into the future seems weird. Awesome way to retire though.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
Pete if you do make one, I think avoiding easily DI'able combo's would be important. Also you would be awesome if you made one!
might fit your request for a combo video of basic combos
i'm thinking more of a tutorial feel to it

what i had in mind was each character, done seperately, with all the basic combos that good players should learn/know in order to 0-death easily.

for example if i started with falcon, i would do an upsmash to uair chain on a heavy and a grab to uair chain, both with with up-b finishes, dair finishes and falcon punch finishers. the combos would get progressively harder (but not difficult to a decent players standard) and finish with a basic tent combo.
i would then proceed to show combos on lighter characters too and continue with this method until i've used all the characters.

obviously characters such as samus would get less attention

yay or nay?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i think you should also add some other little newbie tips in, like how samus can grab the edge when she is clearly far below it, or how samus' d-air has a significant hitbox both in front and behind her

yea, i just want samus to have more content lol

SSBPete

Smash Lord
you dont know samus dair hitbox **** until you get a spike with it whilst sh spamming it on the top of the tent

@aa, i think this should be entirely based on combos, i could always do another vid like that afterwards

clubbadubba

Smash Master
sounds perfect pete. And yea limit it to combos or you're gonna kill yourself making it. Why do people "retire" from video games? Just don't play for a while, no need to say you won't ever play again

Top Bottom