• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Olikus

Smash Champion
we got another mod arcnatural.

lol

time for new mod election. its 4 mods but only 1 64 mod. lets switch them with 64 players.

Olikus

Smash Champion
and then suddenly blue yoshi dissapeared as a mod. Guess he drowned in the brawl boards.

The Star King

Smash Hero
2008 had DI

Drill combos were the best around 04-05, when we played on Good
We still played on good when I came around in January 2009. I think we switched to Exc around the summer of that year (it was whenever Egx died and Near made Galaxy64 - and switch to LAN was when Firo took over Galaxy).

It's confusing, when i'm gonna retire myself, I found some friends to play SmashBros.
And record some battles.

Confusing.... Is the fate?
Ah, yes, "fate" is trying to stop you from quitting. I think the message here is pretty clear.

were the boards that bad during the time of meowkitty? or craiig?
A better time period of time to observe was the short stretch where we had no mods

...it was pretty bad

I think it's funny how everyone was screaming for a mod back then. But when we have a mod people think we don't need one. Grass is always greener on the other side I guess.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
A better time period of time to observe was the short stretch where we had no mods

...it was pretty bad
meowkitty was the original absent mod. and craiig did basically nothing for a while there too. i don't remember a time when there were no mods at all (as opposed to just inactive mods)

basically IMO mods should be around just to ban people like hammerheart

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't remember exactly when but there definitely was a time with no mods. After Surri left? Blue Yoshi was hastily chosen because of the chaos. Sometime in 2009 I want to say.

Perhaps the presence of mods alone helps.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Make a combo isn't easy.
http://www.mediafire.com/?k7ge0k3ytr33vct
Check this one lol

Only Mupen64 users.
How do you view the .m64 file? I've used Mupen, but I've never encountered that kind of movie file. It's always been .rec and then I record the playback when I do combos and stuff.

Maybe it's a TAS thing that I don't understand...

EDIT: nvm figured it out. Needed the Mupen rerecording pack. Damn, I don't know **** about recording with Mupen. Should probably look into that...

RickySSB

Smash Ace
How do you view the .m64 file? I've used Mupen, but I've never encountered that kind of movie file. It's always been .rec and then I record the playback when I do combos and stuff.

Maybe it's a TAS thing that I don't understand...
Open it With Mupen64 re-recoding.
Isn't TAS thing.
If you see there is none Re-recodings in that combo. :glare:

The Star King

Smash Hero
The Mupen playback always desynchs for me. I have to use the kaillera playback instead for training mode stuff so I need to do them with a frame delay >_>

RickySSB

Smash Ace
I think I'll use that for my combos from now on. Sometimes the other Mupens desync in playback and that makes me so ANGRY.

No rerecords! :awesome:
:awesome:

The Mupen playback always desynchs for me. I have to use the kaillera playback instead for training mode stuff so I need to do them with a frame delay >_>
The most time when I record, it desynchs at the start, :mad:
but sometimes when I start to record, I press start twice and It never desync for me jojojo xD

RickySSB

Smash Ace
hahahaha i've tried using mupen a million times, i dont have the patience
The Patience is for TAS.
You just have to put Start Recoding then Stop Recoding.
After that you only have to Record the AVI. The difference with Fraps is the quality.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
that sounds really troublesome

well, ill help with planning if you need it, as will basically everyone in the respective character threads (everyone here can answer most questions about every character i guess)

RickySSB

Smash Ace
yeah thats what i mean, i dont have the patience to TAS, nor the understanding

can you upload the combo to youtube please?
After my "All Character Combo Video" I use TAS to check if my combo is a combo or not.
Is your opcion if you wanna do TAS, it can help you.

That combo is a bit generic xD but I'll try to upload it.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
i just need some help getting started with TAS, i'd love to use it to check

usually i dont upload combos i dont think connect, but its just guess work

RickySSB

Smash Ace
Thanks to some friends from Facebook Smash Group, I feel so much better.
Thanks Guys, are very tolerant and friendly.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Part of the reason the board isn't running rampant with idiocy is because of mods. :rolleyes:
I would apply again if this happened, might as well, got close the previous times/that would give me a really good reason outside of boredom to stay on the boards hourly.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I'm pretty sure this place without mods would be pretty chill still

M!nt

Smash Champion
wow they banned that guy. He was the coolest, most thought provoking poster on this board.

M!nt

Smash Champion
^ yes truly inspirational =]
====
oh **** I went 2 Gbs over my limit, I hope they don't notice :scared:

Top Bottom