• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Sangoku

Smash Master
No, it wasn't because (thanks to) you Star King. I watched a melee vid about how to hold your controller to multishine and it was playing in the background. That one you posted is also really good thanks =D.

edit: However it also looks really difficult on piano =(. That marasy guy is too good. I wish I had his skill haha.

Thino

Smash Master
the only Touhou I play was Immaterial and Missing Power and there was that one musc I like but unfortunately i forgot its name

The Star King

Smash Hero
No, it wasn't because (thanks to) you Star King. I watched a melee vid about how to hold your controller to multishine and it was playing in the background. That one you posted is also really good thanks =D.
That video is where I found it, too. LAWL

malva00

Smash Master
convo about Arequipa tourney

(4:51:58 PM) PedroMiguel: they want display more action
(4:52:07 PM) PedroMiguel: in hyrule
(4:52:24 PM) PedroMiguel: in fact, they never play in dreamland xD
(4:52:27 PM) Isai Alvarado: great!
(4:52:30 PM) Isai Alvarado: xD
(4:52:34 PM) PedroMiguel: hahahahaha

oh man this is going to be the most fun smash trip ever

HYRULE HEAVEN :awesome:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
You thought Native Faith was hard? Try Necrofantasia's chorus lol...I usually get music done by ear, so if I'm ever trying to play something, it ends up being generic melody on right hand with arbitrary notes/chords on left hand. I don't know your level so I can't really help :\

Most touhou music is pretty good and some people say it all sounds the same. The vast majority can be rearranged on piano, they just sound a bit weaker because ZUN likes to mix it up a lot. Recently I've been listening mainly to 12.3's combined OST because it's the only one I'm really playing.

There's...Mystic Oriental Love Consultation from, among other games, IaMP, which could probably be done easily as a soft arrange because it's a fairly simple melody, Plain Asia from Touhou 8 where you can just play chords on left hand and melody phrase on right, ignoring the rest if you want (this is a stylised arrange), and Evening Sky from SWR, of which there is already a good piano arrange.

Plenty more, those are the ones I happen to like and remember are *relatively* simple.

Also, if you're following up on ciaza's green-highlighted song, search 'Beloved Tomboyish Girl' or 'Adventure of the Lovestruck Tomboy' (arrange), because, as always, he was a noob and just posted it in romaji.

Sangoku

Smash Master
You thought Native Faith was hard? Try Necrofantasia's chorus lol...I usually get music done by ear, so if I'm ever trying to play something, it ends up being generic melody on right hand with arbitrary notes/chords on left hand. I don't know your level so I can't really help :\

Most touhou music is pretty good and some people say it all sounds the same. The vast majority can be rearranged on piano, they just sound a bit weaker because ZUN likes to mix it up a lot. Recently I've been listening mainly to 12.3's combined OST because it's the only one I'm really playing.

There's...Mystic Oriental Love Consultation from, among other games, IaMP, which could probably be done easily as a soft arrange because it's a fairly simple melody, Plain Asia from Touhou 8 where you can just play chords on left hand and melody phrase on right, ignoring the rest if you want (this is a stylised arrange), and Evening Sky from SWR, of which there is already a good piano arrange.

Plenty more, those are the ones I happen to like and remember are *relatively* simple.

Also, if you're following up on ciaza's green-highlighted song, search 'Beloved Tomboyish Girl' or 'Adventure of the Lovestruck Tomboy' (arrange), because, as always, he was a noob and just posted it in romaji.

Thanks for that complete answer ^^. My level in piano isn't good at all. I've learned for ~5 years, then stopped for another 5 years and now I'm thinking about getting back to this by myself (I hated the courses with teachers and stuff). If you want an example of one of the hardest thing I can play, there is this, and even that I don't play it perfectly. And I definitely don't have the talent to play by hear lol.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I don't have what you'd call 'talent' either, it's just trial and error to me. I think a lot of online sheet music, especially for arrangements, is rather difficult and stylised, with unnecessary flourishes and ridiculous 1.5 octave chords here and there. I don't try to compensate for non-piano parts when I play, and that's why I either get the sheet music and work with what I consider the primary melodies (not often) or just play by ear.

If you can't be bothered doing it by ear, try that first method I talked about...one hand at a time, work out which notes are the 'primary' melody, and fix secondary parts (ie. beats, bass, etc) to left hand, and slowly put them together.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I don't have what you'd call 'talent' either, it's just trial and error to me. I think a lot of online sheet music, especially for arrangements, is rather difficult and stylised, with unnecessary flourishes and ridiculous 1.5 octave chords here and there. I don't try to compensate for non-piano parts when I play, and that's why I either get the sheet music and work with what I consider the primary melodies (not often) or just play by ear.

If you can't be bothered doing it by ear, try that first method I talked about...one hand at a time, work out which notes are the 'primary' melody, and fix secondary parts (ie. beats, bass, etc) to left hand, and slowly put them together.
Hmm on the contrary I thought these arrangements made the music better on piano. By "talent" I meant finding the melodies just by trials. As I said I'm really not good and I wouldn't be able even to find the primary melody. And even if I did I wouldn't be able to find good secondary parts. By the way, how long do you think it would take to play native faith like the other guy did? I'm sure I would never be able to do it lol.

edit: just heard necrofantasia and it doesn't seam as hard as native faith =/

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
dem noobs need to get off GW and go back to galaxy

working fine people

The Star King

Smash Hero
Temp transfers to GW have happened in the past.

They do usually go away once everyone (even non-SWF smash64 players) realizes the smash64 home is up again.
It hasn't happened this time. Probably because Galaxy was down too long. At this rate, GW will become the permanent home of smashers :(:(:(:(:(

The Star King

Smash Hero
Huh. Hockey actually looks pretty entertaining. Unlike baseball or something dumb like that. Maybe I'll get into it.

Battlecow

Play to Win
We need to take serious actions to prevent a switch to GW.

Does anyone know the GW mods? Maybe we could convince them to put something up?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
If u guys want galaxy back, stop logging into gw. Seriously I saw posts the other day of ppl saying we should go to galaxy, and on a hunch checked gw, and guess who's there? The same who were saying they want galaxy back. It won't happen overnight (unless gw goes down). Just only go to galaxy, and wait for everyone to follow.

:phone:

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Huh. Hockey actually looks pretty entertaining. Unlike baseball or something dumb like that. Maybe I'll get into it.
Haha yes hockey is really fun to watch and play.

Most people like nice shots, break aways or shoot-outs but personally this stuff is what make it me cheer / cry out in disbelief the most

[yt]0vUGvA5Bn64[/yt]

The Star King

Smash Hero
@Battlecow You're not. In addition to the number one comment, there's a comment with 20 thumbs up (GameHackTuts554), 21 thumbs up (museturtlebrendon), 8 thumbs up (flyingspacepotatoes), 76 thumbs up (Fas6pa), 64 thumbs up (quillber), 45 thumbs up (1949outboard), 8 thumbs up (wellesradio), 79 thumbs up (theoriginialbyoch), 86 thumbs up (Freedomfortruth), 8 thumbs up (SlavetotheWindxx), 35 thumbs up (DimensionsofChange), 30 thumbs up (JagexBy), 12 thumbs up (opnarinn), 18 thumbs up (Dragforce69), 38 thumbs up (Useless2112), 10 thumbs up (Plaazo), 8 thumbs up (TurkeyJones91), and that's just the first page you get if you click "View all Comments". It's just that Youtube uses some dumb system where only fairly recent comments with a decent number of thumbs up is shown under "Highest Rated Comments" (the name of that section is a LIE).

Not only that, but it's not that hard to get a high rated comment on Youtube, as evidenced by all the people that beat you. Especially since most Youtube comments are horrendously stupid, so a half-decent comment seems great in comparison.

My purpose in life is to put Battlecow down.

:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

I see that look on your face, and I just want you to know that I DON'T have a crush on Battlecow.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Dunno whether that post gives +respect or -respect...

Let's go with +.

Hmm on the contrary I thought these arrangements made the music better on piano. By "talent" I meant finding the melodies just by trials. As I said I'm really not good and I wouldn't be able even to find the primary melody. And even if I did I wouldn't be able to find good secondary parts. By the way, how long do you think it would take to play native faith like the other guy did? I'm sure I would never be able to do it lol.

edit: just heard necrofantasia and it doesn't seam as hard as native faith =/
Try playing a version that attempts to compensate for alllll of the instruments :)

Also, you can do anything on piano with enough time, it's just muscle memory. I can close my eyes and play Pachelbel's Canon in D and three variations on it because I practised it that much (I'm oh-so-asian). You can just work from sheet music or youtube tutorials, if they exist (dunno for Native Faith lol).

Peek~

Smash Lord
Please do. I got into it this year and I love it. Are you watching the playoffs? because thats how I got started with it as well

Its amazing. You wont regret it

Battlecow

Play to Win
@Battlecow You're not. In addition to the number one comment, there's a comment with 20 thumbs up (GameHackTuts554), 21 thumbs up (museturtlebrendon), 8 thumbs up (flyingspacepotatoes), 76 thumbs up (Fas6pa), 64 thumbs up (quillber), 45 thumbs up (1949outboard), 8 thumbs up (wellesradio), 79 thumbs up (theoriginialbyoch), 86 thumbs up (Freedomfortruth), 8 thumbs up (SlavetotheWindxx), 35 thumbs up (DimensionsofChange), 30 thumbs up (JagexBy), 12 thumbs up (opnarinn), 18 thumbs up (Dragforce69), 38 thumbs up (Useless2112), 10 thumbs up (Plaazo), 8 thumbs up (TurkeyJones91), and that's just the first page you get if you click "View all Comments". It's just that Youtube uses some dumb system where only fairly recent comments with a decent number of thumbs up is shown under "Highest Rated Comments" (the name of that section is a LIE).

Not only that, but it's not that hard to get a high rated comment on Youtube, as evidenced by all the people that beat you. Especially since most Youtube comments are horrendously stupid, so a half-decent comment seems great in comparison.

My purpose in life is to put Battlecow down.

:troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

I see that look on your face, and I just want you to know that I DON'T have a crush on Battlecow.
OK then. You go ahead and get a highest rated comment on a video with more views than that one.

Or aren't you CLEVAR enough to match my sparkling wit?

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
must agree with starking on this one

there are a lot of instances where it LOOKS LIKE battlecow is rly good at something but AS IT TURNS OUT the people he thinks he's beating are actually better

So here are the results between Battlecow and Surri:

Surri > Battlecow in terms of doing better vs me

GOOD DAY.
:troll:

SSBPete

Smash Lord
Dunno whether that post gives +respect or -respect...

Let's go with +.

Try playing a version that attempts to compensate for alllll of the instruments :)

Also, you can do anything on piano with enough time, it's just muscle memory. I can close my eyes and play Pachelbel's Canon in D and three variations on it because I practised it that much (I'm oh-so-asian). You can just work from sheet music or youtube tutorials, if they exist (dunno for Native Faith lol).
I used to play piano but was never very good. I'm starting to get decent at guitar and currently learning Pachelbel's Canon. It's seriously the most amazing classical song ever.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
You know, i really miss playing at galaxy, i get 3 frames there, and as sheer has said it's dedicated to smashers without GW bull**** that occurs.

why are we still there in the first place? i miss playing on 3 framesssssss

#HBC | ѕoup

you do not realize the big difference between 4 frames and 3 frames, i played 3 frames almost my whole smash 'career' and i just can't do 4 frames to save my life.

#HBC | ѕoup

how do you feel about when you play lower/higher frames? ****s you up a bit don't it?

Top Bottom