• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

malva00

Smash Master
my mom just called me from mexico, and said she wants me to download game 6 of the nba finals so she can watch it when she gets home

pretty weird >__>

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
The apple doesn't fall from far from the tree. =p

What does LeBron and a silent cellphone have in common?
No ring.

I have a million of these.

B Link

Smash Lord
New poll on gamefaqs:
Do your parents or significant other control your gaming time?

10% say they live alone :O Self-sufficient gamers = win

Battlecow

Play to Win
yeah, but the ness can always recover again.

I once pimp-kicked Fynal's yoshi to its death. No lie. Ask him.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Cool then. I still think he could've recovered.

I think you can edgeguard Jiggs and Yoshi fr rlz with that move.

Also after a shieldbreak, pimpkick->they tech back towards you->SJP is the best thing ever.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I just remembered how cool it was and I was like "O I wonder if you can do dat in melee" so I posted in the melee Jigglypuff thread (even tho melee is fake).

and then I was like "Huh I don't think I've ever even seen it in 64 I should see that."

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't even think a legit rest->rest combo is possible in Smash 64, and definitely not in Melee.

I think you're underestimating the time it takes to respawn.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Maybe on dreamland where the wind immediately blows jiggs off a platform and wakes her up?

I dunno, rest to rest doesn't seem very possible to me. Not even in the dreamland wind scenario.

DMoogle

A$
Maybe on dreamland where the wind immediately blows jiggs off a platform and wakes her up?
The wind doesn't wake Jiggly up. It's kind of funny that you didn't know that. If a Jiggly missed a rest, just push her off a cliff for an easy kill.

The only way to do it would be with an item or stage hazard to interrupt the rest for a quicker recovery time, but even then I'm not sure how it could be done.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Yah you're right. I guess I'm thinking about how the wind always blows people off platforms after I break their shields and it wakes them up.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Wut guyz

do you not remember

this was the talk of the town like a few months ago

Antdgar had a vid or something I'm pretty sure

you rest them from a high % in the bottom right corner of hyrule, then fall to your death, then respawn and rest 'em again.

The Star King

Smash Hero
If by "talk of the town", you mean random people speculating it might be possible, then yeah. I'm pretty sure there wasn't ever actually a video. Notice how nobody seems to remember where this video is?

:phone:

Battlecow

Play to Win
No one speculated. A bunch of people said they'd seen it. I just can't remember who.

I'll do it and maybe record as soon as I get someone to set it up with me.

The Star King

Smash Hero
You can't remember for a reason.

I would have remembered if I had seen it.

I hope I'm wrong and it actually exists, though.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Always the cynic, SK. Welp, if anyone was a wizard with the search function, they could maybe find those old posts...

Nyways I'll do it soon unless it has to be TAS (which it might).

Peek~

Smash Lord
I think I remember seeing this double rest video.

Wasnt it on Yoshis Island?

I dont know, it was a long time ago but it all sounds familiar

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I'm quite sure it was on Hyrule, but not at all positive.

Bleargh, it will turn up one day.

Peek~

Smash Lord
I think it was on Yoshi Island

Combo on the far cloud -> Rest(sends them back to center, you respawn) -> 2nd rest?

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I seem to recall what Battlecow said, the Jiggs combod the opponent to the bottom corner of Hyrule next to the blast lines, rested (knockback sending opponent diagonally towards the top platform), Jiggs respawned then rested again.

You may be right though, it was so long ago and your idea is more than plausible.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Lol @ you guys. I remember the rest->rest being DISCUSSED, for sure, and you guys imagining something so amazing is probably what put into your memories.

Something so amazing happened, and not ONE person remembers where it is, who uploaded it, or favorited it, or ANYTHING? You guys are unsure which stage it's on, for heaven's sake. And no, ciaza, it won't turn up.

Don't mean to be even more of a JERK than usual, but I don't really want you guys searching for something you imagined lol

SSBPete

Smash Lord
I agree with Star King, I don't believe it ever happened, but I think it would be easier on MK rather then say, Hyrule. Consider Jiggs' combo was on a character with super high % and drilled down to the very bottom of the trench on MK. Jiggs could rest and send them bouncing off the walls back up to the spawn point and Jiggs could then rest again.

Top Bottom