• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Battlecow

Play to Win
Why do your nephew and niece take up so much time? Are you caring for them or something?

I have like a zillion of those lol and I still find time to play.

malva00

Smash Master
mayflash adapter came today. works with nrage, but I dunno what settings I need to get consistent, perfect full stick jumps

nothing beats my adaptoid with jabo input XD perfect without any calibration

malva00

Smash Master
looks like the arequipa tourney bracket was best of 5, according to the youtube profile

maybe when ABAD said "best of 3" to me he meant you gotta win 3 XD

firo

Smash Ace
Anybody else catch Nintendo's conference (or Sony/Microsoft)? Thought it went well, thinking of the possibilities for Wii U is cool, but I probably won't snag one...I might be done with home consoles for now especially with a PC although Nintendo's first party titles are really the games I enjoy the most. Excited for the 3DS stuff, smash, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart, and Kid Icarus looks awesome.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Sounds good. I'm expecting it to be ssb with more characters and stages. I'm sure I'll be disappointed.

Okay now we have to try to guess the name of the game.

"Super Smash Brothers Altercation"?

malva00

Smash Master
I just made an msn group for north america

add group875862@groupsim.com to your msn and it'll show up on your list like a buddy if you answer the secret question correctly (Kirby; case sensitive!)

do we need a topic for this? if it was up to me i'd just let it float around lol

we have 12 members so far

Battlecow

Play to Win
looks like the arequipa tourney bracket was best of 5, according to the youtube profile

maybe when ABAD said "best of 3" to me he meant you gotta win 3 XD
Nah, look at the finals in that one video- there were three people in it, two of whom were eliminated. So the best of those three- IDK how they decided, hopefully not an FFA- won.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I just made an msn group for north america

add group875862@groupsim.com to your msn and it'll show up on your list like a buddy if you answer the secret question correctly (Kirby; case sensitive!)

do we need a topic for this? if it was up to me i'd just let it float around lol

we have 12 members so far
You can't do this on the browser msn? Or am I phailing?

The Star King

Smash Hero
If Sakurai is in charge, then yeah.

Although, I think Iwata said once that if he had to make a Smash without Sakurai, it would be modeled after Melee. I think.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I think they'll take to heart all the people complaining about the no hit-stun in brawl so they'll increase that up to more melee standards.

The Star King

Smash Hero
IIRC there was some interview where Sakurai said Brawl isn't floaty ENOUGH... WTF. I really hope Sakurai won't be in charge of this.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Goddamn it Sakurai. Well lets look at it like this, if the Wii U is supposedly meant to be the new strongest console, it means they're looking to re-capture the hardcore market. Following that it would make sense if they didn't try to re-hash Brawl which was aimed at casual gamers.

What the hell does floaty mean when you talk about the overall game anyway? >.>

cheeseball341

Smash Journeyman
Floaty is sorta due to the gravity being wierd. I don't know the specifics.

And since smash is on 3ds and wii u, get hype for some TOUCH SCREEN SMASH. Which I think will be pre cool.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Hopefully it's not some kind of NEW MELEE EWWWWWW yuck melee

Maybe it'll be something new and beautiful. But TBH we have a great game here, let's not get our hopes up and just play this one.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty much the greatest melee Samus in the world so I wouldn't mind seeing the new game be like melee. I think it's a bit too far out for them to suddenly regress and make the game like SSB64, but anything with more hitstun and tech skill gap would be nice.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yo guys

So the Tacna people have been talking ****, saying they're gonna beat Isai when he goes down there

And Alan claims that they can't but HE WILL.

Are we gonna let that slide? Let's go on their youtube pages and make some statements. Anyone speak spanish?

TANK64

Smash Lord
Reeeeeeeeeeeallly looking forward to the new smash, but not getting my hopes up. Also, I'm pretty hype in general for a pretty HD Nintendo console (...I like Mario/Nintendo games).

Alllllsooooo:

What's more cruel:

Childhood

Adolescence

or being an Adult?

opinions?

Top Bottom