• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't think I'll come around much if there's no livestream chat :S

Probably nobody cares, though.

B Link

Smash Lord
I personally don't like the chat (because its distracting and I can't focus on the match unless I make it full screen. And even when I do -make it full screen- eventually I'll have to minimize it again and see the chat resulting in distraction revisited)

firo

Smash Ace
does anyone know if something like this would be good to stream console ssb on my comp and play on my TV at the same time? I wanna do this when boom comes

http://www.amazon.com/AV-400-Composite-Distribution-Amplifiers/dp/B000BLJE8W/ref=pd_cp_e_0
You don't even need this. All you need is this three of these:
http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Audio-Video-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B0021O9KCM/ref=pd_sim_e_4

and one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-179...?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1307079456&sr=1-19

Then you have two copies of the cables and you can do with them what you will. I used this method (converted the second copy to s-video to my pc) to record from console a while ago. You'll need either a TV-tuner on your pc with inputs or some sort of usb converter.

malva00

Smash Master
You don't even need this. All you need is this three of these:
http://www.amazon.com/HDE-Audio-Video-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B0021O9KCM/ref=pd_sim_e_4

and one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-179...?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1307079456&sr=1-19

Then you have two copies of the cables and you can do with them what you will. I used this method (converted the second copy to s-video to my pc) to record from console a while ago. You'll need either a TV-tuner on your pc with inputs or some sort of usb converter.
so this will have less delay than the big ones?

this guy i know says

(11:00:03 PM) osidefxo: least delay would be with a powered splitter
(11:00:10 PM) osidefxo: that amps the signal before it sends it out

firo

Smash Ace
I didn't notice any delay. The signal has enough power to be split and still come out fine. If anything I would think that adding something that amps the signal before sending it out would add delay since it is an extra step, but I'm no expert.

Sangoku

Smash Master
After (re)reading some of HAMMERHEART's post I definitely think he was the funniest smashboards' guy. Probably my favourite poster. Too bad he got banned.

What are the best teams vids? In terms of team synergy/synchronization/combos so I could learn how to play teams.

B Link

Smash Lord
I'm always left with a neutral expression at that show when people talk/play it on their laptops/phones around me.

I'm getting old ugh (can't afford to eat crap anymore)

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Lol that actually looked exactly like a double usmash-utilt-fkick
Agreed, I don't know if I would've noticed or thought about it if I was just watching in passing and malva hadn't pointed it out.

Malva maybe your mind has gotten to the point where it has become one with smash.
Your gift and your curse: you can access and control the deepest elements of the the game, but smash encompasses the farthest reaches of your mind, it is inescapable!

:phone:

Battlecow

Play to Win
Tacna is a cool Pikachu.
It's Gerson. He's from the small, Peruvian city of Tacna (the self proclaimed "City of smash 64." They uploaded a bunch of pretty good vids a few months ago.)

And yes, he's got a pretty cool pikachu. Hard to tell HOW cool tho, 'cuz that other guy was a scrub.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Well either way Green hat pikachu had it going on. Stayed in the tent whenever the other pikachu was at 0% as he was obviously comfortable with his tent combo ability, and otherwise was fast-paced. Of course it's hard to judge his spacing ability when he's against a scrubba dub, but I like him.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
i propose a 'new' game-type
i call it "Big Man, Little Men" (a 1v3 match, also could be 1v2) [some might call it JUGGERNAUT]
RULES: any stocks/items/stage your group decides (only played 5stock,no items,GIMPLand/HIDErule so far)
Damage:75-85%
Handicaps: Player A: 9, Players B, C, (and if applicable) D: 1
Characters:player A plays top a teir char (or Giant DK OR any other char if your group so chooses)
Players B, C, (and if applicable) D all choose the same low teir char (or polygons OR any other char if your group so chooses.
Team Attack: (OBVIOUSLY) your group chooses (i've only played with it set to ON)

its a lot of fun playing with these settings IMO. getting out of/setting up combos on the Big Man is a blast.

Try it out!

Top Bottom