• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

DMoogle

A$
One line rule is
stupid.

Maybe I should ask craiigg to edit his post lol. I wonder how people would react if he changed it and said "talk about smash only" or something like that. Then either we would all get infractions for being offtopic or another thread would be created I guess.
I actually changed the OP a while back to reflect modern usage of the thread. The one line rule was outdated. There can be substantive content in one line (it's usually pretty hard to have it in less than 10 chars though). The OP also used to say this thread was for discussion about SSB stuff, not necessarily everything.

It's been freaking hot out today.

Dsc

Smash Ace
Currently 7 degrees C, and its too cold to eat cheese now D:
NICE MOOGLE. Gotta love them CHEESE STICKS

:phone:

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
uhg.

had tennis practice inside a bubble today and it was alrdy like 90 degrees.

couldnt even breath after 30 minutes.

DMoogle

A$
fyp

(cwidt?)
:glare:

So, in other news, Full Tilt Poker has a little over $8K of my money, and it's very frustrating waiting for an update on when I'll get paid, and then when all the anticipation is built up, we finally get this update:
1. When will the US players be paid?

We still do not have a specific timeframe for this. There has been, and remains, no bigger priority than getting US players paid as soon as possible, and we have been working around the clock to get this done.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I don't think that Game of Thrones is going so well. What does ballin' think, I wonder? Prob. still worshiping it.

Battlecow

Play to Win
The fight scenes mang

No, basically, the reason it sucks is the reason why GRRM stopped writing for TV in the first place: The budget simply isn't big enough to do it justice. I mean, have you noticed how we never see the direwolves? And when we do they're pretty much normal-sized wolves who don't do anything besides trail alongside the actors. The costumes aren't great, and with a couple of exceptions (Ned, Tyrion) the acting is rather bad. They also throw in random sex scenes and misinterpret the books in odd ways.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
The acting is fine. Random sex scenes were in the book too haha but anyway pretty standard for HBO. So it's not like that was unexpected. I don't really care about the direwolves but I know a lot of people have complained about that. Overall none of these things really ruin anything if you ask me. I read a lot of book fans nitpicking over stuff like "there are supposed to be more than 4 people hunting" and "Theon is supposed to kick the head" - but those don't really have much impact on the telling of the story.

I'm much more concerned about things like the way they changed Cersei's character. They also made Robert much more of a ****.

DMoogle

A$
If anyone lives near any bolivian restaurants, they need to try salteñas ASAP. They said pretty meh, sort of kind of like a chicken pot pie in theory, but they're OMGWTFBBQ insanely good.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I don't have a Wikipedia link, but ciaza, or 'ciąża', means 'pregnancy' in Polish.

You learn something new every day.

So yeah.

Get at me.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
No chat?! But where will I go to talk to Superboom, my favouritest person evar?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i've heard game of thrones sucks. SPARTACUS is where its at, everyone should be watching that and/or have already watched it.

dandan

Smash Lord
i would say change to justin tv because of better worldwide support, using xplit to stream.

malva00

Smash Master
i would say change to justin tv because of better worldwide support, using xplit to stream.
i think xsplit is going to cost money soon according to their website, but i have flash media live encoder now too

a bunch of japanese were watching my livestream the other night. most of them stayed, so I'm guessing this means they didn't have trouble watching the stream. anyone else other than dandan have trouble watching it?

Top Bottom