• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

malva00

Smash Master
The Arequipa tourney is tomorrow. One of the hosts asked me how I record my videos because he's having trouble figuring it out.

At the end of my reply I told him that if he sends me VCR tapes, I can put them on youtube xP

DMoogle

A$
I have a tendency to skim posts, so I don't catch everything. Everyone can pitch in by reporting posts that violate the rules. There's a big red "REPORT" button on the bottom-right of every post.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Bother what? Because I know he's trolling I shouldn't complain?
Why complain O_o

Have you ever complained someone out of trolling? :p

All i mean is obvious trolls should be ignored 110%

Everyone can pitch in by reporting posts that violate the rules. There's a big red "REPORT" button on the bottom-right of every post.
If you feel something is wrong, do that ^

Sangoku

Smash Master
It did strech my screen actually. I guess I'm zooming in too much or something.

Ok well I was wrong and I apologize to dsc. Post all the picture you want and I won't wish you bad thing ever again...

DMoogle

A$
It did strech my screen actually. I guess I'm zooming in too much or something.
Must be your resolution. I thought SWF had that plugin that makes pictures automatically resize so they don't break tables, but I guess not. I think they might be in the process of implementing it though.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
can we all be australian when it comes to dsc

that is, deny his existence in general?

'wog' is local slang, you don't have to be australian to get it but if you're australian you'll understand it by default

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I like Dsc. He makes the server interesting. Dsc File Entry #7:

(10:45:09PM) * Joins: Normal Dsc (Ping: 44)
(10:45:10PM) <Normal Dsc> xD
(10:45:13PM) <Normal Dsc> WOAH
(10:45:15PM) <Normal Dsc> WOAH HOLD UP
(10:45:17PM) <Normal Dsc> NOW WHATS THIS
(10:45:18PM) <Normal Dsc> A NEW...
(10:45:21PM) <Normal Dsc> FLAG POLE?
(10:45:23PM) <Normal Dsc> WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT
(10:45:29PM) <Normal Dsc> THE SHEEP HAS CRAWLED UP MY SLEEVES
(10:45:38PM) <Normal Dsc> JUST TO STEAL THE JAM
(10:45:39PM) * Parts: Normal Dsc (kro we're trying to have a serious conversation)

Dsc

Smash Ace
It stands for world of greeks or western oriental greeks. Think of it as a non-offensive version of neegargh but to greeks instead of african american people.
cheese
:phone:

Battlecow

Play to Win
So can I call AA a "nip"? I read a book once where these douchey aussie kids kept callin this asian dude a nip.

malva00

Smash Master
chink? nip? LOL I haven't heard that **** since I was a kid

time to catch up on all the exclusive ssb vids on mixi. darn there were only two, but they were cool. one was a funny 3 DK vs giant DK match

Battlecow

Play to Win
Ur vietnamese?

There's this vietnamese kid at my school and we never find time to call him a gook because we're all busy making fun of the fact that literally everyone from his country has the same last name as him.

Sangoku

Smash Master
nguyen? All the vietnamese I know are called nguyen lol. And girls are all called variation of thuy. I wonder how many thuy nguyen there are in vietnam.

The Star King

Smash Hero
nguyen? All the vietnamese I know are called nguyen lol. And girls are all called variation of thuy. I wonder how many thuy nguyen there are in vietnam.
That's weird. I only know a few people named "Nguyen". Most Vietnamese people I know are "Tran".

However, a quick search on Wikipedia shows that Nguyen is by far the most common, so I guess I just happen to miss them all or something.

Ur vietnamese?

There's this vietnamese kid at my school and we never find time to call him a gook because we're all busy making fun of the fact that literally everyone from his country has the same last name as him.
Gook can refer to Koreans too, though.

Speaking of which, Koreans have tons of people with the same last name, too >_>

Dsc

Smash Ace
lol im korean. And so true about the Nguyen thing aswell. I always thought gook only referred to koreans..

:phone:

Battlecow

Play to Win
I mean, korea's pretty funny too. You got "Park" and "Kim." But there are 17 people in my school who are vietnamese, and every single one of them is named Nguyen. They aren't even related, for the most part. It's like, whose ****ing stupid idea was that? Aren't names supposed to differentiate people?

I just know Gook from old vietnam war movies where the soldiers talk about "killing the gooks" or whatever.

Any news on the AREQUIPA tourney?

Sangoku

Smash Master
Why do you directly insult this system? My name is Anthony and I bet a lot of people are called Anthony. "Whose ****ing idea was that? Aren't names supposed to differentiate people?". You shouldn't be that narrow-minded to apply your western vision to the thing. I think in China there are a few last names, but a lot of first names. In Western country it is the opposite. Maybe Vietnam has also the same principle as the chinese. However it is still true that if half of the country is named nguyen it doesn't make much sense...

The Star King

Smash Hero
I mean, korea's pretty funny too. You got "Park" and "Kim." But there are 17 people in my school who are vietnamese, and every single one of them is named Nguyen. They aren't even related, for the most part. It's like, whose ****ing stupid idea was that? Aren't names supposed to differentiate people?
Nguyen was a great king, so a bunch of people took up his name.

Besides, the middle name is also pretty important in Vietnam, unlike in the West, where it pretty much doesn't matter at all. So people are still differentiated by their names just fine.

malva00

Smash Master
Any news on the AREQUIPA tourney?
NOPE all i know is i think the room they are playing in can be seen at the very end of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXwwDaEmtLA

UPDATE: K a guy from Arequipa told me the top 3

1. Jerson
2. Alvin
3. Marca

20 people entered

2 from Lima (nesscozmos and locosmash)
8 from Arequipa
10 from Tacna

they recorded the matches with VHS tapes

Battlecow

Play to Win
Pretty cool

I watched all those Tacna vids back in the day

ANYWAYS I <3 Vietnam, I forgive everyone for everything, and I may not be playing much for a while cuz SUMMER

malva00

Smash Master
that's why i don't upload online videos anymore

those vids have been up on nicovideo, so that's where he prob got them

Battlecow

Play to Win
Everyone should watch the Jousuke-Taru one. I don't care if it's fake smash, that's a ****ing great match.

malva00

Smash Master
If you upload them with the malva label and don't delete them, nobody would have any reason to re-upload them with an isai label somewhere else.
how about that one guy who uploaded antd's videos even though they are already on antds channel :awesome: lol bad example

don't delete them? lol that's even worse. not going to stop someone who knows I don't like it and does it purposely to irritate me.

the current situation is the best one. i don't upload any fake smash vids and no new ones get circulated. if you wanna watch fake smash, check out malva's livestream

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so according to PedroMiguel, there are supposed to be maybe 30 vids from the Arequipa tourney =O

Top Bottom