• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

malva00

Smash Master
time to buy a mayflash adapter from ebay

I'm going to buy one and give it to one of the Peruvian guys who is housing me when I go there

Battlecow

Play to Win
**** them and everyone like them. They literally just have to type "Smash 64" into google to find this section of smashboards. That is literally all they would have to do to become good at the game. But nope. They stay on Sector Z with items on and discuss the legitimacy of edgeguarding while talking about how hardcore they are.

Give me four days with someone who's never played the game before and I could have him beating those jack-***** with whatever ruleset they chose.

I'm kinda mad.

DMoogle

A$
They stay on Sector Z with items on and discuss the legitimacy of edgeguarding while talking about how hardcore they are.
Hahahahahaha.

Sector Z used to be my favorite stage (now it's my least favorite), and I used to have a no-edgeguarding rule with my friend (whenever we were off the stage, we would let each other recover fully before attacking again). Also, no more than 3 grabs per match.

And items on, of COURSE. But no starman, healing items, or hammer.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Hahahahahaha.

Sector Z used to be my favorite stage (now it's my least favorite), and I used to have a no-edgeguarding rule with my friend (whenever we were off the stage, we would let each other recover fully before attacking again). Also, no more than 3 grabs per match.

And items on, of COURSE. But no starman, healing items, or hammer.
lol?

I never had that edgeguarding rule or grab one. It would be SectorZ, all items and just be as cheap as u can to win.

Dude man, the day I first learned about Falcon's dtilt as a way to edgeguard I thought I was literally the best player in the state or some ****. My buddies were like omgwtfhowyoudothat?

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Hammers and bob-ombs only, very-high.

It was like a mini-game. Getting a hammer meant you had to go through (literally) a mine-field of mines. Your opponent would try to position themselves below you to kill you (as when you have the hammer you are vulnerable from below, out of the hammer's hitboxes way)

Funnest match type I ever played, still do occasionally to this day.

DMoogle

A$
Hammers and bob-ombs only, very-high.

It was like a mini-game. Getting a hammer meant you had to go through (literally) a mine-field of mines. Your opponent would try to position themselves below you to kill you (as when you have the hammer you are vulnerable from below, out of the hammer's hitboxes way)

Funnest match type I ever played, still do occasionally to this day.
Oooooh, that does sound fun. 1v1s or FFAs? Maybe I'll try to convince some people online to do that.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I have a question relating to what some people were discussing a few weeks ago. I said that I was going to try making vegetable smoothies, and someone else (I think it was ballin4life) said that that destroys nutrients. I just did some brief searching, and haven't been able to find any conclusive evidence to support that theory yet. Can you (or someone else) back that up with something? The thing is, I don't see the big difference between slapping some veggies in a blender vs. simply chewing them.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
1v1, FFA or teams works, tbh as long as you're with friends any sort of match is fun lol. Works bests on stages you wouldn't normally play though, like Saffron, Sector Z, Zebes, etc.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Mother****er. I just got an infraction for getting infractions.

What's more, it's a ****ing permanent one. What the hell? And when click on the link they give me to try to read up on the rules to find out how not to get more surprise permanent infractions, it links me to a page on how to do the 657 different ****ing smiley faces. Thanks, smashboards. What a well-run system you have here. The Global rules are, apparently, smiley faces. Wonderful.

God damn bureaucracy. A man can't post trollfaces anymore. GOD FORBID THAT WE HAVE FUN, ALMIGHTY MODERATORS. THIS IS JUST TOO SERIOUS AN ATMOSPHERE. IF WE LET JUST ANYONE DISRUPT IT BY POSTING LESS-THAN-MEANINGFULLY FOR HUMOROUS PURPOSES, SMASHBOARDS WOULD COLLAPSE ALL AROUND US, AND OUR DUTIES ARE TOO SACRED FOR THAT.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
aa got an infraction for his smiley faces too, if it makes you feel any better. Which is kind of weird since he did not get one for the post before that.

Oh well.

Dsc

Smash Ace
Weird how i didnt get a single infraction from my
y pictures....
Well i guess im just as lucky as this following image.

:phone:

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Infractions for overly large images.

Anyways, as I thought about mini-games in another thread does anybody have any? For example another one that I think james came up with in Sydeny was completing Jiggs' BtT solely using rest. It's doable, but takes a little bit of ingenuity at times.

I know you can Star KO yourself on Ness' BtP and C. Falcon's BtT stages which I thought was pre cool.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
"Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!"

The rules have always been in full force in the social thread, it's just that the topic range is obviously huge and hard to "off topic" lol.

All the rules still apply how ever, including those about pictures.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
It's also harder to really determine what "spam" would be for this thread, unless its just utter BS even the simplest "see the game last night" is truly legitimate if anyone knows what the person is talking about.

but then again that does kinda break the one liner rule specifically said in the OP but...

i suppose as long as this thread is "chill" there isn't really a need to infract much.

big pictures are excessive though :(

Sangoku

Smash Master
One line rule is
stupid.

Maybe I should ask craiigg to edit his post lol. I wonder how people would react if he changed it and said "talk about smash only" or something like that. Then either we would all get infractions for being offtopic or another thread would be created I guess.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Well it follows the social thread protocol (lol) and they are simply for any topic thats within the rules so.

and the one liner thing is to provent crap like

"hello

10hellos
"

Sangoku

Smash Master
Other cities, countries, anything! Hmm yeah actually it's not so clever to ask about the weather of all america. So what about other cities?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Overcast here, as usual for spring in Newfoundland.

sun should start soon though...need to get out fishing this year... only went once last year, got nothing and got eaten alive :(

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
[COLLAPSE="Or"]users just need to learn about collapse tags...[/COLLAPSE]

Woah there's actually have a button for them now?

No more excuses.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Urgh I don't understand farenheit =P.

Fortunately I used some converter. Wow it was pretty cold in San Jose. Here it was more like Ann Arbor, 88 F that is.

:phone:

The Star King

Smash Hero
Real men convert using their mind.

My parents always say Celsius when they talk about temperature, since they're foreign and st00f, so I'm used to it anyways.

Top Bottom