• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't think anyone is contesting that console > online.
Sheer did, but I think he was just trolling console kids like ballin :laugh:

And lol I can move like that online easily are you serious. Maybe it isn't a surprise you can't, considering you LAGGED the couple of times I ever played you.

:phone:

Battlecow

Play to Win
So guys, Albin or Gerson?

fuuuuuuuuuck, these are good. I'm holding my breath for when Isai goes down there.

Also, they play best-of-nines in the second round. MY KIND OF COUNTRY.

malva00

Smash Master
So guys, Albin or Gerson?

fuuuuuuuuuck, these are good. I'm holding my breath for when Isai goes down there.

Also, they play best-of-nines in the second round. MY KIND OF COUNTRY.
we don't know if that is tourney. plus the finals was supposedly best of 3, so that's not possible

DMoogle

A$
Finally found out what causes training mode CPUs do the get-up attack when they're knocked on the floor: hitting a wall.

Someone told me once that that never happens, but I knew I had seen it before, I just didn't know how to duplicate it. Now I do. :p

Battlecow

Play to Win
Well, the gerson one says "torneo en arequipa" so I assume it's from the tourney. The ones from playersmahs's channel have stuff like "2da ronda battalia 5" which obv. means second round fifth battle, or fifth match of the second-round set, and I don't see what other tourney the tacna dudes would be in- so I assume they're both tourney.

If the finals are best of three, I'm confused as to why there are five "battalia"s in the "ronda" that albin and soldado play. maybe you're right and that's friendlies? IDK.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Maybe LAG is why I dislike online.

Not really actually ... it's the freaking desynchs on the last stock of a close match ARGHGHGHGH
Sounds like you need to look into P2P. Although admittedly, it could be hard to get P2P matches.

And fix your lag.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Greek Yogurt is pretty much the greatest thing ever. It's healthier than normal yogurt (more protein baby!) and has much better texture.

Star King I've done p2p quite a few times. It's better but not perfect by any means. Also I don't know how to fix my lag :(

The Star King

Smash Hero
Eh, tried Greek yogurt and it was ok, but I'm not the BIGGEST fan.

Health nut.

Well, I promise you it's much better without lag. I can't "move right" in the slightest lag, either (or frame delays over 3).

malva00

Smash Master
Why is no one interested in speculating with me on which of two Peruvian pikachus is superior?
probably because they live far away. if they lived in the USA it would be like "omg they should play online"

i'm not too interested because i'll play both of them and find out for myself

Battlecow

Play to Win
Maybe you're right.

And maybe they do play online? They have servers in South America, right? I remember at that one tournament in (insert small south american country the name of which I forget) they played on emu because so many of them (including danny, who won) played on KB.

This PedroMiguel guy is pretty hot stuff, too. South America is blowing up, yo. We need like a Pan-Am challenge- Canada vs. USA vs. South and Central America.

Oh and I guess Albin is really Alvin and he and Gerson are both from Tacna which ruins the intraperuvian HYPE we had going.

Tacna = legit, rest of peru = OK.

In the words of the sage:

"
Tacna is even still playing this game.
There are about 25 pro players there
and good player like fish in the sea
everyone play this!
if you ask someone if he has played smash bros, will tell you : YES!!!
encourage you to visit?"

It's official- Tacna is the one city that beats out Champaign in SSB prowess.

malva00

Smash Master
speaking of south america, i p2ped with rickyssb today, 8 frames

also, if peru loves playing on hyrule that much, my link is going to have so much fun there

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Battlecow beat me at 19 frames him, 2 me. I understand now why Americans are the best at smash.

dandan

Smash Lord
it is more to do with aussies than it is with americans, i beat dsc at 15 frames ;)
i remember boom and mahie told me they played teams on desiree with 14 and 19 frames and won, but don't know vs whom.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Beats me. Dandan you're a goddamn liar.

No but srsly Battlecow REFUSED to p2p me like a man so I'm going to say Aussies are still the greatest.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I think so.

I know I helped with your Yoshi vid by playing a server with 39 frames, wasn't that fun.

Battlecow

Play to Win
K so I just watched the entirety of that one random video

Jerson AKA Gerson beats Albin AKA Alvin

I KNEW IT.

Video makes it look like the final was a 3forall or something tho lol.

The Star King

Smash Hero
WTF a city of Smash 64? OMG I need move there, and learn Spanish while I'm at it.

Battlecow beat me at 19 frames him, 2 me. I understand now why Americans are the best at smash.
Seriously? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I kind of feel bad for you guys. I should visit Australia one day, and bring higher Smash to the server. It'll be like... Matthew Perry visiting Japan in the 1850s, causing a technological revolution in Japan. Yeah, that's a good analogy. I'll be the spark that begins the fire.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I didn't actually beat him. They joked that if I took a stock, I won, and I peered into my all-seeing third eye for knowledge of the future for long enough to take one or two stock every match.

damatobrandon

Smash Rookie
looking for places to play

Hi i just moved to las vegas and am looking for some people who love this game just as much as me. And by love I mean I used to play this game at least 3 or 4 times a week for hours straight I have at least 12 retired controllers who's joy sticks are all worn out. I've lost and made friends over this game. If anyone knows any one from vegas or can help me find places or people to play at or with please let me know.

Top Bottom