• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

dandan

Smash Lord
by my understanding, alancitu completely stopped playing, but he will play with isai when he comes.
also there are some good players (i think at least) in tacna.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
by my understanding, alancitu completely stopped playing, but he will play with isai when he comes.
also there are some good players (i think at least) in tacna.
theres a spanish saying, "el que tuvo, retuvo" "the one who's got it, kept it" (the skill, that is)

Sangoku

Smash Master
There is another saying which says "when you're rusty you suck". I could go into a synaptic plasticity/potentialization/depression discussion, but I won't.

:phone:

NixxxoN

Smash Master
i knew that was coming lol
There's another saying which says "you can un-rust yourself by practicing again"

SSBPete

Smash Lord
If he is I'll eat my hat.

I think it would be hard to realize how good Boomfan is from just videos, since his combos/tech skill or whatever isn't that special, and those sort of things are what stick out in videos the most.
I've played Boom a couple times (8 frames lol), I'm aware of how good he is. I do agree, it is difficult to tell how good someone is by watching videos but I think we can safely say that Alancitu vs Isai will be badass.
I've always thought: Boom = Prince = Alancitu

Olikus

Smash Champion
I've played Boom a couple times (8 frames lol), I'm aware of how good he is. I do agree, it is difficult to tell how good someone is by watching videos but I think we can safely say that Alancitu vs Isai will be badass.
I dont think Prince has gotten far recently in the brackets at the japanese tournaments. Last year he didnt got out of pools either. Think 4 of 7 got out. So he is deffinatly better at combos than 1v1.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Eh, 8 frames.

It's hard to say, but I still don't think so (Prince hasn't even been winning the yearly Japanese tournaments dude).

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Playing against CPUs/Scrubs on-console: OMFGWTFFFFFFFFF **** **** **** combos, not as good actual play.
i play level 9 CPUs all the time when i don't have access to online smash, i use them as tech bait nowadays but i feel like some of the stuff i do on CPU's won't work on more seasoned players, because they can't DI and whatnot.

also, what's better, being really good at techskill, or being efficient and good at spacing etc.?

i'd take the latter anyday, i understand you wanna look cool but still.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Don't play CPU seriously (like trying to get better): some things that are good on humans don't work on them and vice versa, so you'll end up taking bad habits. Also they don't escape some combos, even if they don't connect.

I think spacing is more important, both from my experience and from what I heard. Techskill can also be acquired quicker than very good spacing.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
well sometimes i play CPU's for the purpose of emulating a human player, just a really bad one, i use training mode alot too but you get the point.

also, suprisingly, i've gotten better by playing and practicing on Training Mode/CPU's so i'm not sure if your statement is true.

Sangoku

Smash Master
You can get better by practicing in training mode or CPU as you can increase your techskill. However you won't beat the CPU as easily as what you could. If you play to **** the CPU, which is fairly easy, you'll play in another way than what you should against human, therefore you won't get better. However if you play as if he were human, you might not **** him as hard as you could, but you won't get bad habits.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
The only thing you learn from CPUs is the precise timing to hit people out of a roll since that's all they ever do.

You also learn how to run off N-Air edgeguard.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I don't think playing CPU allows you to learn proper shieldbreaks as they often continue shielding even when they could release. Combos can be practiced against them, but be careful to their DI. They almost always DI towards you, so you can easily chain fox jabs without even going forward lol. And obviously that wouldn't work against good DI or even against no DI.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I don't think playing CPU allows you to learn proper shieldbreaks as they often continue shielding even when they could release. Combos can be practiced against them, but be careful to their DI. They almost always DI towards you, so you can easily chain fox jabs without even going forward lol. And obviously that wouldn't work against good DI or even against no DI.
So you are not allowed to play cpus because you may get bad habits? geez this is only a game not a professional sport

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
So you are not allowed to play cpus because you may get bad habits? geez this is only a game not a professional sport
No Nixxxon...what he ACTUALLY SAID was if you play CPUs to learn these things in hopes of directly applying them to competitive online smash64, it wont work as well as you may think.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Stop being stupid NixxxoN and either read the whole conversation or don't answer at all...

The discussion is about what aspect you can improve while playing CPUs.

You really should just stop going around and shouting around "competitive is dumb" everywhere. We all know your opinion, no point voicing it out every two seconds.

Peek~

Smash Lord
Stop being stupid NixxxoN and either read the whole conversation or don't answer at all...

The discussion is about what aspect you can improve while playing CPUs.

You really should just stop going around and shouting around "competitive is dumb" everywhere. We all know your opinion, no point voicing it out every two seconds.
He has always been one of the worst posters here

Nova > felipe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nixxxon

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I DID completely misread (reading the whole conversation in very fast mode), sorry your highnesses if i offended anyone.

He has always been one of the worst posters here

Nova > felipe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Nixxxon
Funny that you say so... Ive read many of your comments and probably half of your posts are weird, random stuff... yes, admit it

Battlecow

Play to Win
I jelly. I wanna take that little ***** and just... play her until she breaks down and I have to send for a replacement, you know?

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
It will be my first V controller. Going to take it apart and lubricate it up this week. I could do a write up or youtube video if anyone is interested in doing the same.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
I prob wouldn't take it apart unless some of the buttons are sticking. The lube for the stick is actually a powder, so using some kind of chemical lube might actually decrease the life of the stick.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
I don't know about the graphite powder, but I don't really see the point in messing with it if it's in awesome condition to start off.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Get a hori minipad

I might get some lubricant too so that I don't **** my own virgin controllers quite as quckly.

Top Bottom